-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I'm gonna start a gofundme for my dogs next surgery.

Paul

"I'd rather see a sermon than hear a sermon".... D.A.D.

Trump Won!, Sandmann Won!, Rittenhouse Won!, Suck it Liberal Fuuktards.

molɔ̀ːn labé skýla

Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Betting for most of us, our dogs would do better than us on gofundme...

"Chances Will Be Taken"

R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
Originally Posted by akasparky
32 grand in 4 days for the fu_ckn dog on gofundme

https://www.gofundme.com/f/hero-dog-saves-me-from-mountain-lion-attack

Wow that dog looks really torn up. Bet it was expensive surgery. Why doesn't she post vet bills?

Campfire Ranger
Online Happy
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by akasparky
Originally Posted by Rooster7
Doesn't seem like typical cat behavior, while in hunt mode, to just "reach up and take a swipe" at her. If it wanted to kill her for food, she wouldn't have known it was there until it was too late.

Maybe a territorial thing?

Sounds more like her loose dog chased down the cat and started the fight and she's covering for him.
When I read that the dog ran ahead, I immediately thought of triggering the cats prey instinct.

4 out of 5 Great Lakes prefer Michigan. smile
E
EdM Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
E
Originally Posted by las
CA bans deer hunting so cats have more food, leading to more cats, leading to less deer, meaning more excess cats going hungry: restricts gun ownership so people have fewer defense options as they go out into hungry cat territory... said cats not being hunted having lost wariness of humans.

What could possibly go awry?

I was not aware that California banned deer hunting.

Conduct is the best proof of character.
IC B2

N
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
N
I’m thinking sarcasm EdM

2ndwind Online Content OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Are you guys familiar with Belgian Malians dogs? On average they’re likely more effective than a small caliber hiking pistol would have been kudos on the woman for attacking the lion while it was attacking her dog

Please don't feed the trolls!
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by ol_mike
, will she carry a more substancial weapon NO

C'mon, it's California, highly doubtful she can legally do that.

[Linked Image]
H
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
H
Don't most hikers carry some sort of long pole or stick? The cane I'm forced to use after a motorcycle wreck nearly took my left foot off has a pound of bullet casting lead poured into the tip. Since some worthless thugs like to pick on crippled up old geezers, they might be in for a surprise. The same kind of modification to a hiking staff might be in order if there's a chance of encountering an animal capable of snacking on some of your body parts. Of course, if a couple of swings with the cane doesn't stop the confrontation, there's also a locking blade pocketknife and a 9MM Makarov available.

Ignorance can be fixed. Stupid is forever!
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
That happened up in Trinity County. If you viewed the linked video in the o.p., you can see just how rugged that area is up there in what is called the Trinity Alps. Over the years, it became known as "Hippie Heaven." I have two friends who moved there from L.A. years ago, although they were not "hippies"; they just wanted into secluded living.

I've been in Trinity County quite a few times and love the remote beauty and ruggedness of the area, and am well aware there are many different species of wild life there. Lots of Mountain lions, Black bears, coyotes, deer, bobcats, and so I hear, a few of our wonderful Canadian Grey wolves have migrated in. The bliss ninnies who move there from the cities have no idea what is out there when they go on their "nature hikes," so just like the girl in the article, go "unarmed." Others, such as my friends, hike and camp, but both carry handguns.

Calif. metropolitan areas are very, very difficult places to get a CCW, but most of the residents of rural counties can get CCWs from their county Sheriffs. Will that girl go armed now when her pooch recovers and she takes it out in the mountains for a hike? I doubt it.

Just my take on it.

L.W.

"Always go straight forward, and if you meet the devil, cut him in two and go between the pieces." (William Sturgis, clipper ship captain, 1830s.)
IC B3

Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
I doubt she'll be walking the river anytime soon. She's all over the internet and I imagine she'll be on at least a couple of network talk shows with the dog.
I wish her and the dog well...

"Chances Will Be Taken"

F
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
F
I live just north of where that happened, the gal that tried to help the dog lady shot a whole can of pepper spray (didn't say what kind) on and around the cat's head with no effect. That's when she went to whalin' with the pvc. Whites Bar is just a day use/picnic area immediately between the highway and the river, I don't think she was 'going hiking', just letting the dog out for a piss call. Very thin strip between river and busy highway, I think the cat was acting screwy, there is nothing but real rough country and wilderness a couple hundred yards away from the river/highway. Something wrong with that cat.

Well this is a fine pickle we're in, should'a listened to Joe McCarthy and George Orwell I guess.
Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

105 members (338reddog, 7mm_Loco, 79S, 2ndwind, 257_X_50, 35WhelenNut, 17 invisible), 1,615 guests, and 877 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,368
Posts18,488,290
Members73,970
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.