Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
G
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
G
Tore up his 65 Nova drive to work car after he told me the roads were slick & the tires were bad, so just drive it to class & come straight home.

But the worst I can think of, was when I was sitting directly across the supper table from him & I showed him a big long vein hanging out of a chicken thigh. He smacked me plumb out of my chair & told me I wasn't raised like that.

Never forgot my table manners again, or at least till I left home.

GB1

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
My old man was abusive but not as bad as his dad, so to him he apparently didn't think he was at all but he'd beat the hell out of us over dumb [bleep], some deserved but nowhere needing what he'd dish out. I remember my mom telling me to get a shower but I was watching a movie that was on the television. I apparently ignored her so my dad told me to get in the damn shower. Apparently he thought I gave him the stink eye because he beat the hell out of me and would absolutely lose his mind after he started. It's like he started having flashbacks of his whippings from his old man and he'd lose it further until mom would pull him off. I remember a time that my older brother was about 8 and my dad had given him a "Hooker Header" sticker that must have come with something that he bought but my brother had done something to get grounded so he thought he'd give the sticker back to my dad to hurt his feelings or something (8 year old logic I guess.) The old man beat the absolute [bleep] out of him for that based on principle. I look back and think of how [bleep] petulant you'd have to be as a grown man to do that kind of [bleep] to your kids and promise to not be the same to mine. In a way I feel sorry for him.

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
Everything about us kids pissed him off but what got us the worst ass beatings was when we tried to stop him from beating our mom.

C
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
C
Dad used to box me up right good when I did something/anything stupid...

Otherwise... I had a fairly free exploration of adventure.

BUT then I did something else stupid... and I got my ass handed to me again.

Dad is gone 27 months now... and I finally free to be as stupid as I want.

Damn I miss him.

If you are not actively engaging EVERY enemy you encounter... you are allowing another to fight for you... and that is cowardice... plain and simple.

Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
Chucked his smoky robinson 8 track out the window one night

IC B2

Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by Beansnbacon33
Everything about us kids pissed him off but what got us the worst ass beatings was when we tried to stop him from beating our mom.

I would have killed him.

Paul

"I'd rather see a sermon than hear a sermon".... D.A.D.

Trump Won!, Sandmann Won!, Rittenhouse Won!, Suck it Liberal Fuuktards.

molɔ̀ːn labé skýla

D
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
D
In the late 1960s, chasing a coyote across a western Ks pasture in dads pick up. Hit a gully and tossed the battery into the fan and radiator. The battery, fan and radiator sustained a lot of damage. Dad was pretty pissed.

But in reading lots of the other posts here where dad was beating mom, or routinely treated his kids poorly, or ignored them, our dad never did any of that nor have I nor has our son.
I was lucky. Dad was great.

Last edited by dale06; 05/24/22.

NRA Patron
T
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
T
I took my new Swiss Army knife I’d got by saving and sending off Skoal lids out of the trash cans at his gas station and poked two holes through the vinyl on the seat of his 1985 Honda 250SX three wheeler. Just two tiny slits but boy was he pissed.

Then there was the time he caught me burning the ancient and very dry pull rope on our ancient and very dry wooden detached garage. I was just watching the fuzzies on the rope curl and puff off but was probably seconds or minutes away from disaster. Got a hiding over that one too.

Chopped his sawhorses back into 2x4s with a shingling hatchet. I think he was going to beat my ass until I saw him coming when I was in mid swing and missed only to whack myself in the kneecap with the hatchet. He asked if it was bleeding, it wasn’t much, and said “serves you right and you better not start crying”.

These were all before I was 8 and there were many more instances. Thankfully by the time I was a teenager I had figured out that he was a pretty smart guy and maybe I should take his advice, we’ve been best friends ever since.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Us boys got hell from The Old Man a lot, usually we deserved it.
I don’t remember him being really mad at any of us though.
I remember he had a fire going in deer season, and Dave and I were there talking to him. Six deer came off the hill and stopped about 50 feet from us.
Dave and I both shot at the same time, trouble was we shot the same deer! Dad was pissed about that! He said we shoulda had two or three. blush Of course his gun was leaning against a tree!
One time I come home a little drunk. I got up in the morning and my car was locked up, no keys.
When I asked him he give me hell for driving in the “shape you was in last night”.
My car had never left the driveway. I rode with a buddy.
When Mom told him that, I got the keys back, and a stern warning about boozing and cruising.
But I can’t honestly recall him being mad at any of us that wasn’t deserved, and he never stayed mad.
Mom, on the other hand...
7mm

"Preserving the Constitution, fighting off the nibblers and chippers, even nibblers and chippers with good intentions, was once regarded by conservatives as the first duty of the citizen. It still is." � Wesley Pruden

R
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
R
Every time I had a fight with by brother. According to my dad, I always start the fights.

IC B3

Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
My Dad and I did not get along at all growing up. They GAVE my sister anything she wanted and I had to work like a dog for anything I wanted/needed. Come to find out that was later in life called a work ethic. My sister turned into a POS and my Dad and I are best friends. I can never thank him enough for teaching me the value of hard work and that if you give a man your word then you damn well better keep it.

I am always looking for factory wood stocks!
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Let the neighbor borrow his needle nose pliers on a hot Monday afternoon in August.

DMc Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Bummed to hear of those reporting abusive dads. I had a great dad. I was fortunate.

Make Gitmo Great Again!!
Who gave the order to stop counting votes in the swing states on the night of November 3/4, 2020?
H
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
H
Rubber snake in the doorway. He HATED snakes..........

While it's true that all liberals are crazy people, not all crazy people are liberals.
P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
It was the last time i lied to him.

When i woke up i came to the understanding that i would live longer to listen closely to the questions he asked and don't volunteer anything.

Has worked for most of my life ever since.

Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
I also had a great Dad but boy was he pissed when the darts I was throwing into the air conditioner grid punctured the freon lines.

F
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
F
Originally Posted by 12344mag
Originally Posted by Beansnbacon33

I would have killed him.

I can’t even imagine what it’s like to experience that. I feel bad for those that had to go through that type of abuse from the people that are supposed to love you unconditionally.

E
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
E
I only seen my Dad mad a couple times , and that’s a good thing. One of those times is when I burned the transmission up in his truck.

Last edited by EFHutton; 05/24/22.
S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
Originally Posted by nimrod1949
My dad had a baseball he had signed by Joe Dimaggio when he met him in high school. I was 3 or younger and I swiped it off his dresser. I played with it wearing off the signature. He still has the old ball. In my defense I argued that he should have had it in a protective case.

Ha ,Did the same thing with a ball autographed by Whitey Ford, Pitcher for the New York Yankees..
The SandLot 1965...

M
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
M
Between my older brother and I we aggravated Dad daily Im sure. Considering his military experiences he was always surprisingly even tempered and slow to get actually mad. We learned early on that when he was pushed to the point that an "F-bomb" was dropped it was time to stop whatever you were doing to anger him and slink away for awhile. While not easily angered he didnt hesitate to snatch one of us up usually for being disrespectful to Mom.

He did completely beat the hell out of one of my sisters ex boyfriends who made the mistake of physically trying to push Mom out of the doorway when she was blocking the doorway and said he couldnt come in. Dad leaped out of the recliner, cleared the living room in like 2 bounds, tackled the fool out the doorway and off the front porch and was straddling him on the ground just pummeling away with punches till I managed to pulled him off. Dudes face was all battered up and he threatened to come back with a gun. Dad said go ahead, but I guarantee you the boys and I have you outgunned and we know how to use them! That was the last time we ever saw that clown!

Page 3 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

605 members (10gaugemag, 007FJ, 160user, 12344mag, 16penny, 01Foreman400, 58 invisible), 2,364 guests, and 1,201 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,821
Posts18,477,860
Members73,944
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.