-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I recall the first reports from the responding police at the Parkland School shooting in Florida didn't end up being very accurate but it made them look good....for a short while.

Padded VA Hospital Rooms for $1000 Alex

Originally Posted by renegade50
My ignoree,s will never be Rock Stars on 24 hr campfire.....Like me!!!!

What are psychotic puppet hunters?

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by akasparky
I recall the first reports from the responding police at the Parkland School shooting in Florida didn't end up being very accurate but it made them look good....for a short while.
Yeah , these days every body is always filming . So I think the truth will be forthcoming !

Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by BuckHaggard
Originally Posted by Jerry_Lundegaard
There’s multiple video coming out now of cops handcuffing parents as they were trying to save their kids.

bullschitt

It happened. Open your eyes.

"To compel a man to furnish funds for the propagation of ideas he disbelieves and abhors is sinful and tyrannical." -- Thomas Jefferson

We are all Rhodesians now.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Not a cop but common sense would dictate the first uniformed LEO or LEO's on scene would run into the building while communicating with each other and LEO either outside the building or enroute. Arriving officers would keep parents, bystanders and dogooders from entering the building and endangering themselves and the officers trying to engage the murderer. A bunch of people inside the building wearing civilian clothing would complicate matters. I can also see where this could be misinterpreted by those with an emotional interest. Best to withold judgement for a while.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
It has been established that there was no car chase as earlier reported. The perp wrecked his grandmother's truck near the school and proceeded on foot to a back door at the school which was unlocked.

The SRO, who had gone to investigate the crash, actually followed the perp into the school and engaged him (no shots fired at that time per DPS director @ 43:18 in video) but the perp gained entrance, entered two class rooms and began firing immediately.

Uvalde police and Uvalde School Dist. Police officers arrived and engaged the shooter in under 5 minutes according to DPS Director McCraw (26:00 in video).

I believe the 40 minute time line was when the CBP swat team engaged/shot the shooter. Couldn't hear the question but believe that is what Dir. McCraw indicated @ 42:37. A CBP official following Dir. MCraw stated that CBP has a large presence in Uvalde and that some 80 CBP agents responded to the call from their headquarters, the field etc.

Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats.
IC B2

J
J
The easiest way to protect a school from entry would be to have external doors that only open by keyed locks and relocks when closed. Then only a person with a key or someone from inside opening the door can gain entry. People this is not difficult. Why hasn't this been protocol since the first school shooting. I'll give you a hint...gun control.

R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R
As usual it is a complete mess. I want more facts but from what I’m hearing on Tucker Carlson the situation should have been addressed a hell of a lot sooner than it was. You shouldn’t have to assemble an army to take on one assailant.
What a tragedy. It is the perfect storm for democrats and McConnell to step in and ignore the constitution.

We Must Have an Intervention.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by rainshot
As usual it is a complete mess. I want more facts but from what I’m hearing on Tucker Carlson the situation should have been addressed a hell of a lot sooner than it was. You shouldn’t have to assemble an army to take on one assailant.
What a tragedy. It is the perfect storm for democrats and McConnell to step in and ignore the constitution.

We Must Have an Intervention.
I agree , looks like the repubs are gonna cave mad

J
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
J
They followed the same didasterous plan LEO used at Columbine and at Stoneman Douglas.

Ecc 10:2
The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but that of a fool to the left.

A Nation which leaves God behind is soon left behind.

"The Lord never asked anyone to be a tax collector, lowyer, or Redskins fan".

I Dindo Nuffin
J
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
J
Originally Posted by 45_100
Not a cop but common sense would dictate the first uniformed LEO or LEO's on scene would run into the building while communicating with each other and LEO either outside the building or enroute. Arriving officers would keep parents, bystanders and dogooders from entering the building and endangering themselves and the officers trying to engage the murderer. A bunch of people inside the building wearing civilian clothing would complicate matters. I can also see where this could be misinterpreted by those with an emotional interest. Best to withold judgement for a while.

They should have let parents with guns go in after the shooter. UFR.

All these hwy patrol will be transferred out of Uvalde.

Last edited by jaguartx; 05/26/22.

I Dindo Nuffin
IC B3

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Justagirl
The easiest way to protect a school from entry would be to have external doors that only open by keyed locks and relocks when closed. Then only a person with a key or someone from inside opening the door can gain entry. People this is not difficult. Why hasn't this been protocol since the first school shooting. I'll give you a hint...gun control.

What do you do about noon recess outside? PE class outside? The Friday night football game? You aren't going to protect everybody all the time. This is a people problem. Until society cultural issues and mental health care changes nobody can guarantee safety anywhere. And even then know this, there are evil people in the world. Always has been, always will be. And the only way to stop that sort of evil is to kill it - period.

Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats.
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by jaguartx
Originally Posted by 45_100

They should have let parents with guns go in after the shooter. UFR.

All these hwy patrol will be transferred out of Uvalde.
Yeah really, if this story is true these cops wont be well liked .

T
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
T
Originally Posted by Justagirl

I don’t Understand why we don’t have electric magnetic door locking systems for our schools. Single entry access only, with cameras to surveil and buzz anyone inside the door during class hours. Have an enclosed/fortified secure passage entry way with Electric doors on each end.
Someone looks suspicious let them in the first door and hold them there until someone vets out the situation. They could be installed on every class room door and operated by the teacher in that space.
Hell, even Walmart has them.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by AcesNeights
I’m going to wait for a “decent interval” and facts before I start criticizing the response, .

Yep

C
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
C
Originally Posted by MOGC
It has been established that there was no car chase as earlier reported. The perp wrecked his grandmother's truck near the school and proceeded on foot to a back door at the school which was unlocked.

The SRO, who had gone to investigate the crash, actually followed the perp into the school and engaged him (no shots fired at that time per DPS director @ 43:18 in video) but the perp gained entrance, entered two class rooms and began firing immediately.

Uvalde police and Uvalde School Dist. Police officers arrived and engaged the shooter in under 5 minutes according to DPS Director McCraw (26:00 in video).

I believe the 40 minute time line was when the CBP swat team engaged/shot the shooter. Couldn't hear the question but believe that is what Dir. McCraw indicated @ 42:37. A CBP official following Dir. MCraw stated that CBP has a large presence in Uvalde and that some 80 CBP agents responded to the call from their headquarters, the field etc.

they admitted in the presser that there was NO SRO engagement

J
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
J
We obviously need a Federal Police force that only answers to the DOJ.

J
J
I agree but "this" shooter would not have been able to enter the building if these type of door lock would have been installed. Extra curricular activities could be handled in much the same way as the opening of the school day, with teacher/staff greeting students into the building. If the school watched all entries into the schools as if it were their homes this would not have happened. Also where are the hall monitors, have they been abolished along with common sense?

J
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
J
Originally Posted by Cruiser1

Yep. They tried to float that BS turd for a day.

I Dindo Nuffin
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I thank god every day I'm a white man living in America...

Coyotes shot no waiting.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Cruiser1

No shots fired between the shooter and the SRO. And there is a question, why not? The other is why was this door unlocked? Whoever failed there needs run out of town tarred and feathered.

Page 3 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

68 members (35, AnthonyB, 01Foreman400, beefan, 300_savage, 6 invisible), 1,428 guests, and 796 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,503
Posts18,490,593
Members73,972
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.