Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 2 1 2
M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
Mac your right for sure but looks to me that Uvalde needs a new police chief and officers. [bleep] should hit the fan over their lack of performance...
Mb

" Cheapest velocity in the world comes from a long barrel and I sure do like them. MB "
GB1

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by Magnum_Bob
Mac your right for sure but looks to me that Uvalde needs a new police chief and officers. [bleep] should hit the fan over their lack of performance...
Mb

It was the Uvalde CISD school police chief who was in charge of that incident. Not the City Police Dept.

https://www.ucisd.net/Page/2120

Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla!
P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
Originally Posted by Sycamore
Originally Posted by 79S
Wtf is wrong with this country when people cry too many CBP showed up to help. This country is ph ucked…

I didn't get that from the article? maybe I read it wrong.

Or you chose not to read past the first three paragraphs.

K
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
K
Cause the reports of him being a citizen are as false as most others. At least that is one scenario.
Media knows it would be pinned on Sir stupid if it came out he was an illegal.

A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
Originally Posted by rockinbbar
Originally Posted by Magnum_Bob
Mb

It was the Uvalde CISD school police chief who was in charge of that incident. Not the City Police Dept.

https://www.ucisd.net/Page/2120
Do a lot of schools have their own school district police department out there?

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]
IC B2

Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Pat85
Originally Posted by 79S
Wtf is wrong with this country when people cry too many CBP showed up to help. This country is ph ucked…

I didn't get that from the article? maybe I read it wrong.

Or you chose not to read past the first three paragraphs.

from the article (past the first three paragraphs):

But as the news came in, the heavy presence of CPB agents led some on social media to loudly question why immigration officers were so prominent on the scene. (Some of the posts conflated CBP with Immigration and Customs Enforcement.)

The agents’ presence at the school was easily explicable: they are everywhere in Uvalde. CBP’s white and green SUVs are familiar sights around the town, which is fewer than eighty miles from northern Mexico, and thus well within the hundred-mile “border zone” where CBP operates. Like many Texas towns in this zone, Uvalde hosts a permanent CBP checkpoint, where agents stop and inspect vehicles going north along the highway. In a town of about 15,000, CBP is a major employer, offering about 150 unionized jobs with solid salaries and government benefits. Many residents have at least one family member or friend who works for the agency.

Those who saw Border Patrol agents at Robb Elementary School had reasons to be skeptical. But the reality is that across the Texas border region, Customs and Border Protection is a fact of life. In small towns, when someone calls 911 to report a medical emergency or an active crime, Border Patrol agents often arrive sooner than overwhelmed local first responders. (The agency is one of the largest federal law enforcement agencies in the world; it employs almost twice as many people as the FBI.) Because CPB draws employees from local populations along the border, the agents are also more than 50 percent Hispanic. It’s hard to overstate the ubiquity of the agents in southern Texas. In a place like Uvalde, they’re not just in town; in some respects, they are the town.

most of this is informational, and not surprising to those familiar with the border. where's the uproar coming from?

Last edited by Sycamore; 05/28/22.

Originally Posted by jorgeI
...Actually Sycamore, you are sort of right....
A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
If the BP is not around the border, where’d you like them to be Sickamore?

Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by alwaysoutdoors

In Tennessee, checking your papers....

A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
Originally Posted by alwaysoutdoors

In Tennessee, checking your papers....
Great answer

N
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
N
I would think they have a letter of agreement or memorandum of understanding between the BP and Uvalde Police that they will assist if available.

NRA Life,Endowment,Patron or Benefactor since '72.
IC B3

A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
If there’s a murdering SOB at the school I’d want every good guy responding. I don’t find fault with any available unit responding and would expect nothing less.

�Politicians are the lowest form of life on earth. Liberal Democrats are the lowest form of politician.� �General George S. Patton, Jr.

---------------------------------------------------------
~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by navlav8r
I would think they have a letter of agreement or memorandum of understanding between the BP and Uvalde Police that they will assist if available.

from the article:

"In small towns, when someone calls 911 to report a medical emergency or an active crime, Border Patrol agents often arrive sooner than overwhelmed local first responders. "

Z
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Z
I worked for several years in small police department on the Canadian Border. Only one officer on duty at a time. Border Patrol was often the only backup we had. This is not unique to the southern border, it is just a much larger scale in the south given the number of problems and the larger number of agents.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
"69 percent were not naturalized U.S. citizens. Whatever the real numbers, it’s true that on any given day, immigration enforcement is visible around town. At Uvalde’s CBP checkpoint, undocumented drivers and passengers headed north are frequently arrested and eventually transferred to ICE custody and subject to deportation proceedings."

Really? The border is wide open.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I saw speculation that it was a cartel hit on another site. Makes some sense when you think about killing someone's kids to prove a point.

Originally Posted by BrentD

I would not buy something that runs on any kind of primer given the possibility of primer shortages and even regulations. In fact, why not buy a flintlock? Really. Rocks aren't going away anytime soon.
G
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
G
No matter who it was, it is too bad they could not have responded in a timely manner. Then, they might have been able to intervene while he was shooting at the school from outside (for several minutes). GD

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

101 members (44automag, 01Foreman400, 338Rules, 406_SBC, 1minute, 7mm_Loco, 13 invisible), 1,501 guests, and 871 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,493
Posts18,472,094
Members73,936
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.