Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by IndyCA35
All of your posts seem to be a one trick pony just like your uncle Adolf.

I am a relentless prioritizer and not easily distracted.

B
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
B
Originally Posted by ToeCutter
One can not avoid taxes.... One can take a year worth of pay and bury it in a secret spot no one can find and they will still tax it. 5yrs later it is worth whatever inflation has robbed form it and that is the tax. $20k buried in just 1980 would have bought a nice new truck. What would it buy if you buried it then and dug it up today?

What is ypy listened to shifty shift and bought $20k in silver and then buried it. If you bought it during the hunt brothers run up your $20k would be worth even less. Other than that you'd be better off burying metal. Escobar found out that paper cash doesn't bury well.

Bb

A
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
A
Is there something I’m Missing about Gold..
Is it valuable because people say it is..
Now if the Reserve Currency of the World was backed by Gold I’d see it’s Value ..
The Reserve Currency of the World is backed by IOU’s not Gold..
So Gold Value is what ..
What people say it Is..

T
Campfire Sage
OP Offline
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by akrange
Now if the Reserve Currency of the World was backed by Gold I’d see it’s Value ..
So Gold Value is what ..
What people say it Is..
That's a pretty silly analysis. Gold is super valuable due to its molecular qualities. Compared to any other metal, its uses are manifold. The only reason it's not in common use in industry is due to its extreme rarity, so it's only used when you absolutely must have the very best material, and where cost isn't an issue. For example, it's used extensively in interplanetary probes, satellites, etc., because no other element comes close to equaling its useful properties, or is nearly so durable and corrosion resistant in harsh environments. I've only scratched the surface.

E
efw Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
E
Originally Posted by local_dirt
I'd be interested in the Woodrow Wilson series. Do you have a link?

https://podcasts.apple.com/us/podcast/the-dangerous-history-podcast/id893725777?i=1000447079563

This is the first in that series which is not consecutive so you have to search through his feed to find them. He is nuts in his research the guy deserves hard core commendation for the reading he has done of Wilson’s academic work. I think I’d rather be water boarded than have to read that [bleep].

IC B2

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by efw
Originally Posted by local_dirt
I'd be interested in the Woodrow Wilson series. Do you have a link?

https://podcasts.apple.com/us/podcast/the-dangerous-history-podcast/id893725777?i=1000447079563

This is the first in that series which is not consecutive so you have to search through his feed to find them. He is nuts in his research the guy deserves hard core commendation for the reading he has done of Wilson’s academic work. I think I’d rather be water boarded than have to read that [bleep].

Awesome. Thanks, efw.

Slaves get what they need. Free men get what they want.

Rehabilitation is way overrated.

Orwell wasn't wrong.

GOA member
disappointed NRA member

24HCF SEARCH
A
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
A
Originally Posted by The_Real_Hawkeye
So Gold Value is what ..
What people say it Is..
That's a pretty silly analysis. Gold is super valuable due to its molecular qualities. Compared to any other metal, its uses are manifold. The only reason it's not in common use in industry is due to its extreme rarity, so it's only used when you absolutely must have the very best material, and where cost isn't an issue. For example, it's used extensively in interplanetary probes, satellites, etc., because no other element comes close to equaling its useful properties, or is nearly so durable and corrosion resistant in harsh environments. I've only scratched the surface.

So tell me why Gold isn’t let’s say 5k an OZ ..
Schiff and Grant never refer to it as a Industrial Metal they refer to it as a bulwark against Fiat Currency..
Given what we know about the Dollar and it’s Declining Value why isn’t Gold 5k and OZ and going Higher..

T
Campfire Sage
OP Offline
Campfire Sage
T
Schiff and Grant never refer to it as a Industrial Metal they refer to it as a bulwark against Fiat Currency.
It is also due to its properties as the ultimate in useful metals that it is ideal for use as money. Watch this series.

A
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
A
Wonder why Bill Gates isn’t a real day Gold Finger ..
Instead of Gold he own Farmland and lots of it..
Maybe Food in the end will be the real store of Value ..
Of course I have Drank Gold Flakes didn’t do a Damm Thing for Me..
Now Corn Dodgers you can live on that ..

Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
I have to agree in part with akrange. While gold and silver and platinum and rhodium, etc., do currently have industrial value for their use in electronics and other things, for the most part gold and silver and diamonds and jewels have "value" simply because people THINK they have value. Little different than paper money. "Oooh! Shiny metal! Sparkly rocks!" It's been that way forever. So, unlike paper money (or numbers on a computer screen), gold and silver will probably always be seen as having some kind of worth. People will likely continue to THINK that it has value, even though it's actually just a shiny hunk of metal that the average person can't really do anything with.

So yes, it will probably always be useful as money, and as a hedge against inflation, even though personally, I think it's about as worthless as a lump of mud. Other people will probably always think it is worth something, so I will be able to trade it for stuff I can actually use. wink

IC B3

A
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
A
Oh one other thing .. What happen in 1933 with Gold ..
A Commie President Outlawed it’s Convertibility and Ownership

Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
Oh one other thing .. What happen in 1933 with Gold ..
A Commie President Outlawed it’s Convertibility and Ownership

A repeat of this is a huge danger. Gold and silver transactions could be heavily taxed, or simply outlawed. The same thing can happen with "cryptocurrency" (and most likely will happen).

T
Campfire Sage
OP Offline
Campfire Sage
T
I recommend that you two stay away from real money.

T
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
T
I like listening to Schiff in small amounts. He a consummate bear. If you'd been following his advice since Trump got elected, you'd missed out on close to 14K upward tick in the dow.

I would never invest with the guy, but he is a good counterbalance to the visible bulls.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by The_Real_Hawkeye
So Gold Value is what ..
What people say it Is..

So tell me why Gold isn’t let’s say 5k an OZ ..
Schiff and Grant never refer to it as a Industrial Metal they refer to it as a bulwark against Fiat Currency..
Given what we know about the Dollar and it’s Declining Value why isn’t Gold 5k and OZ and going Higher..

Because a lot more people would have to agree on that value.

Slaves get what they need. Free men get what they want.

Rehabilitation is way overrated.

Orwell wasn't wrong.

GOA member
disappointed NRA member

24HCF SEARCH
R
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
R
Silver and gold always have had value since the beginning of recorded history and it always will. Though governments will try to control and manipulate it, God says “the silver is mine, and the gold is mine,” Haggai 2:8.
He has set it in the hearts men, all cultures recognized it’s unique value.

"I was born in the log cabin I helped my grandfather build"
Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

535 members (01Foreman400, 1beaver_shooter, 21, 10gaugeman, 12344mag, 10Glocks, 67 invisible), 2,435 guests, and 1,241 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,447
Posts18,489,641
Members73,970
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.