Page 3 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
S
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
S
Originally Posted by Houston_2
Originally Posted by shootem
While you’re checking, check the Orange Beach AL area as well as Pensacola/Navarre. Especially if you want real beach. I lived in Alabama the first 49 years of life and traveled the AL/FL coast a lot. Not that I don’t like MS, it’s a fine state. But further east is a different shore for shore.

The Gulf Stream makes its turn at about Dolphin Island and back easterly. Typically with clearer blue waters.

Blue waters, at least away from bay drainage, and the whitest beaches ever seen. Not to mention Apalachicola oysters.

“When Tyranny becomes Law, Rebellion becomes Duty”

Colossians 3:17 (New King James Version)
"And whatever you do in word or deed, do all in the name of the Lord Jesus, giving thanks to God the Father through Him."

P
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
P
Keep in mind that fishing quality is key.

I’m used to pretty good fishing.

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

Crabbing, too.

Obey lawful commands. Video interactions. Hold bad cops accountable. Problem solved.

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~

Member #547
Join date 3/09/2001
S
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
S
Originally Posted by Pharmseller
Keep in mind that fishing quality is key.

I’m used to pretty good fishing.

Crabbing, too.

Well…….sammon runs don’t make it quite to the Gulf of Mexico. Plenty of blue crab though. But lots of stuff to catch and good deer hunting.

"And whatever you do in word or deed, do all in the name of the Lord Jesus, giving thanks to God the Father through Him."
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Buddy of mine’s in laws have a family camp in Bay St. Louis.

Not on the beach, but it has water access.

They love it down there.

They don’t fish, but stay on the water with pontoons, skiing and jet skis.

Dave

�The man who complains about the way the ball bounces is likely to be the one who dropped it.� Lou Holtz

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by Pharmseller
My wife and I are going to flee the cesspool that is Oregon and we’re thinking about finding a place in Mississippi on the water.

Before I get flamed for being from Oregon, be advised:
I like boobs, a lot
Trannies are sick
I voted for Trump six times
I stand for the nation anthem
Any steak over medium rare is an abomination

We don’t need much, but a private dock with easy ocean access and a good view is a must.

Any advice? Time horizon is 3 maybe 4 years.

P

It doesn't really matter what type Place you buy, because you're going to rebuild it every 3-4 years because of a hurricane.

Last edited by strikeu; 06/03/22.
IC B2

M
MLC Offline
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M
Ocean Springs will be close to some of the same nuts you have in Oregon. Plenty of liberals there to tell you what to do. They lost their minds over someone killing a damn rooster walking around town recently. I have lived in MS all my life. Grew up in Long Beach about 2 blocks from the Gulf. Been through ever hurricane since Camille in 1969. I would recommend Pass Christian on the scenic drive above hwy 90 if you want to live on the Gulf.

Last edited by MLC; 06/03/22.

Any politician who thinks they can fight the evil that has consumed the government is delusional or lying. There is no political solution.

"You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life."
Winston Church
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
While you’re checking, check the Orange Beach AL area as well as Pensacola/Navarre. Especially if you want real beach. I lived in Alabama the first 49 years of life and traveled the AL/FL coast a lot. Not that I don’t like MS, it’s a fine state. But further east is a different shore for shore.

The Gulf Stream makes its turn at about Dolphin Island and back easterly. Typically with clearer blue waters.

Blue waters, at least away from bay drainage, and the whitest beaches ever seen. Not to mention Apalachicola oysters.

Apalachicola oysters have no character. The best oysters anywhere come from the Mississippi Sound.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by MLC
Ocean Springs will be close to some of the same nuts you have in Oregon. Plenty of liberals there to tell you what to do. They lost their minds over someone killing a damn rooster walking around town recently. I have lived in MS all my life. Grew up in Long Beach about 2 blocks from the Gulf. Been through ever hurricane since Camille in 1969. I would recommend Pass Christian on the scenic drive above hwy 90 if you want to live on the Gulf.

Except for that's not the Gulf that lies across the street. It's the Mississippi Sound. That area is very nice, has good elevation and the price reflects it.

P
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
P
Originally Posted by MLC

Thanks!

Obey lawful commands. Video interactions. Hold bad cops accountable. Problem solved.

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~

Member #547
Join date 3/09/2001
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by Valsdad
Good luck down there if that's where you end up. Swapping salmon for redfish?
salmon = sea lion food

“In a time of deceit telling the truth is a revolutionary act.”
― George Orwell

It's not over when you lose. It's over when you quit.
IC B3

S
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
S
Originally Posted by PaulBarnard

Apalachicola oysters have no character. The best oysters anywhere come from the Mississippi Sound.

pfffftt

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
If you aren’t dead set in the immediate coast….

Hattiesburg ain’t a bad place to live.

Specifically the Oak grove / sumrall side.

Decent size town. College town, but not buck wild.

Hour or so from the gulf.

Now days crime is everywhere, but less so in that area.

Dave

�The man who complains about the way the ball bounces is likely to be the one who dropped it.� Lou Holtz

P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
I lived in Biloxi for most of my life till a few years after high school.

It's true that sometimes hurricanes come thru and do a urban renewal on the coast but it is a nice place.

There are places like other towns that crime is present but most folks are good people.

My Mother's house did not get flooded during 1969 or every storm since.

It is located 1 block from the beach/sound.

The fishing both fresh water and salt water is not bad,last time i went home we went out south of cat island and made a day of catching reds and speckled sea trout.

Hunting is not far from the coast and there are hunting clubs that lease property as well as public.

Tags are pretty liberal.

Wished i was there now.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by PaulBarnard

pfffftt

But those mullet over there are much better.

C
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
C
Bay St Louis and Ocean Springs are the nicest towns on the MS Gulf Coast, Pass Christian is an honorable mention. Don’t overlook Alabama, it’s got a nice coast. Dauphin Island, Fairhope, Point Clear, Gulf Shores & Orange Beach depending upon what you want. I think AL taxes 401k distributions unlike MS though. Both MS and AL have great fishing. Yeah, we get hurricanes. Pretty much anywhere I’d want to live has them.

S
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
S
When someone says HURRICANE.......carry your ass.....then....don't wait!!

Even birds know not to land downwind!
B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
Pass Christian

P
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
P
Well, I’m working on flexibility of thought and I’m open to other ideas.

We originally considered Texas but property taxes are through the roof.

I need to be close to salt water fishing and my wife wants to live on water. Not just a water view but like a dock or a pier on the water.

Any more ideas?

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~

Member #547
Join date 3/09/2001
R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
Second home in East Cape Baja Mexico half of the year.

Or rent a home down there

A
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
A
Ignore the clam, Ribka. LMAO

Page 3 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

603 members (10gaugemag, 06hunter59, 1lessdog, 10Glocks, 1badf350, 1Longbow, 55 invisible), 2,613 guests, and 1,265 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,517
Posts18,509,595
Members74,002
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.