Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
R
A 2" then?
Let him bleed out..
Slow....🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

Fuuucking pathological liars.
Cant fuuucking stand em.
Crappy Hamster is a fuuucking prime example of one.
Little spic azz welfare anchor baby is what he was.
Mexican fuuucking trash....

P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
Originally Posted by High_Noon
Well, you're a ray of sunshine. Let's make it as painful as possible.

Only because I care. I want the best possible outcome so let’s be sure to cover all the bases.

Obey lawful commands. Video interactions. Hold bad cops accountable. Problem solved.

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~

Member #547
Join date 3/09/2001
P
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
P
Wife got bit last summer in Colo. On the stomach, while sleeping. Seems like a lot of stomach area bites, I wonder what the reason is? Hers got infected and turned into a little red mound with a deepening hole in the center. Antibiotic killed it but it took a couple weeks.

A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
High Noon, Regarding your stun gun experiment….the way it’s done according to the things I’ve read while researching the efficacy of stun guns for neutralizing venom is attaching wire leads to each probe and placing one lead above and one lead below the bite so as to draw the current through the wound. From there the shocks were administered in a “wagon wheel” layout. Several (6 or 8) shocks are then administered in the circular pattern of a wagon wheel.

It was more than a simple single shock so you might wanna look into it more before subjecting yourself to sadistic torture.

I do wish you the best and I hope you’re dermatologist can fix you up.

�Politicians are the lowest form of life on earth. Liberal Democrats are the lowest form of politician.� �General George S. Patton, Jr.

---------------------------------------------------------
~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
We've sure got them here... Hope it works out well High Noon...

I'm surprised I haven't seen more of where people have been bitten...and amazed all the stuff I have to get done around here to maintain my wife's house, that I have not had to experience it...

we're praying for ya Kev...

"Minus the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the Country" Marion Barry, Mayor of Wash DC

“Owning guns is not a right. If it were a right, it would be in the Constitution.” ~Alexandria Ocasio Cortez

IC B2

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by AcesNeights
High Noon, Regarding your stun gun experiment….the way it’s done according to the things I’ve read while researching the efficacy of stun guns for neutralizing venom is attaching wire leads to each probe and placing one lead above and one lead below the bite so as to draw the current through the wound. From there the shocks were administered in a “wagon wheel” layout. Several (6 or 8) shocks are then administered in the circular pattern of a wagon wheel.

It was more than a simple single shock so you might wanna look into it more before subjecting yourself to sadistic torture.

sadistic torture?

little legtricity ain't never hurt nobody.

The desert is a true treasure for him who seeks refuge from men and the evil of men.
In it is contentment
In it is death and all you seek
(Quoted from "The Bleeding of the Stone" Ibrahim Al-Koni)

member of the cabal of dysfunctional squirrels?
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
My question regarding stun guns is should the stun gun be activated and then quickly be touched to the spider bite area, or should it be placed on or close to the skin and then be activated? I imagine the duration should be less than a second or as quick as possible, but that is just a guess. Any advice on this? I am going to ask the Doc about it today. Also, should I tighten up my stomach muscles (such as they are) prior to the shock or not?
Rumor is that venom travels to the scrotal area.

Broncos are officially the worst team in the nation this year.
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Check out this website:
https://www.badspiderbites.com/spider-bite-treatment/

About 15 years ago I was bit by a brown recluse on my stomach and was referred to this website by a fellow Gun Club member maybe a week before the bite. Bite site was almost black and about 1/16th inch diameter. The surrounding area was turning red fairly quickly and actually was spreading along my veins up to my shoulder then down my arm. I felt "flu-ie", nauseous and fatigued. I did the Dexamethasone treatment as outlined on the website and it worked pretty quickly (for me, anyhow, YMMV).

As it turned out, he was/is the "Gerald" who gives his story in the website text and he had come to see me so I could take a current picture for his Gun Club badge and somehow we got to talking about spider bites. Also, our Club President at the time is married to a Vet and she agreed the small amount of Dex would do no harm to me and if it would work, good for me. Of course, my bite happened on a weekend . . .

Someday I hope to be the person my dogs think I am . . .
The only true cost of having a dog is its death.
Someone once said "a nation of sheep will beget a government of wolves."
Shiloh Sharps . . . there is no substitute.
NRA Endowment Member
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by Valsdad
Originally Posted by AcesNeights

sadistic torture?

little legtricity ain't never hurt nobody.

High voltage always makes me summon The Lord and Jesus too

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Most ‘spider bites’ are Folliculitis from someone not washing they ass with SOAP

Like spiders in Tenn are only biting fuggers that smell like sour milk and cat pee.

Hmmmmm

IC B3

L
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
L
MickinColo
Thankfully mine was NOTHING like that!

was bitten, stabbed, harpooned on the bicep by something on 10/9/21.
Itched for the afternoon and then pain started and increased until I told my wife we were going to the ER.
Antibiotics, benedryl and who knows what else, and it finally settled down so I could be released.
Swelling and red clear to my hand for several days then just big ugly bruise at the wound site, perfectly round wound and sub q lump about 4" long and 3/8" thick.
Finally down to just a scab by 1/31/22.
A smaller sub q lump still forms and goes away as of today (6/22)

Oh and what AK said!

Some spelling errors can be corrected by a vowel movement.
~ MOLON LABE ~
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
It's probably Shingles.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Son caught a BR in a glass jar last year, fugger is still alive, no water or food for nine months, Terminators they are...

To preserve liberty it is essential that the whole body of people always possess arms and be taught alike, especially when young, how to use them.-Richard Henry Lee

Endowment Member NRA, Life Member SAF-GOA, Life-Board Member, West TN Director TFA
J
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
J
I have an appointment this afternoon with my dermatologist. I will report back regarding her diagnosis.

My mechanic loaned me a small stun gun. I went to the fire station and they politely declined to tase me. Cannot track down a cop. Mom refused to tase me. She laughed when I told her: "I can't believe you won't tase your own son." My brother said it would be his pleasure to tase me, so I'm gonna' get nekkid in the yard for him to do so - in case I schitt myself - then he can hose me off. I'm setting up chairs and will have a cooler of beer for spectators. Several friends have expressed interest in attending the proceedings. Not sure how painful it will be. A short blast from a small taser shouldn't be too bad?

Pics please.

I got one of these in the console cup holder for snake bites, wasp stings, spider bites and carjacking dimocraps. I heard it works well if you cram in in the perps neck or face and push the "Fry the Sucker" button.

Got stung by a Guinea wasp a few days ago at the lakehouse but I decided it didnt hurt enough to zap the back of my knee. whistle

After my last go round with a BR bite on my leg I would not have hesitated to use it on myself.

God bless and good fortune on your bite.

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

Last edited by jaguartx; 06/08/22.

Ecc 10:2
The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but that of a fool to the left.

A Nation which leaves God behind is soon left behind.

"The Lord never asked anyone to be a tax collector, lowyer, or Redskins fan".

I Dindo Nuffin
J
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
J
Originally Posted by Pharmseller
Well, you're a ray of sunshine. Let's make it as painful as possible.

Only because I care. I want the best possible outcome so let’s be sure to cover all the bases.

HN forgets Drs are almost universally against home remedies that threaten their income.

Here we have a perfect opportunity for huge intellectual advancement.

I Dindo Nuffin
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
I went to the doc. She and I both agreed that it's probably not a BR bite - mainly b/c it's the 3rd day and it is not as bad as it would be if it was a BR bite and b/c it didn't blister. She said it was very likely a spider bite, but even if they did a biopsy, it wouldn't be definitive as to whether or not it was a BR that bit me.

She prescribed a strong Steroid cream and an antibiotic ointment. Also said I should take an antihistamine twice daily.

I asked her about the stun gun treatment and she was unfamiliar with it. So, I haven't decided if I will tase myself yet - meebe if it gets worse.

Last edited by High_Noon; 06/08/22.

l told my pap and mam I was going to be a mountain man; acted like they was gut-shot. Make your life go here. Here's where the peoples is. Mother Gue, I says, the Rocky Mountains is the marrow of the world, and by God, I was right.
- Del Gue
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by jaguartx
HN forgets Drs are almost universally against home remedies that threaten their income.

Like Ivermectin?

l told my pap and mam I was going to be a mountain man; acted like they was gut-shot. Make your life go here. Here's where the peoples is. Mother Gue, I says, the Rocky Mountains is the marrow of the world, and by God, I was right.
- Del Gue
J
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
J
Originally Posted by Otter
Check out this website:
https://www.badspiderbites.com/spider-bite-treatment/

About 15 years ago I was bit by a brown recluse on my stomach and was referred to this website by a fellow Gun Club member maybe a week before the bite. Bite site was almost black and about 1/16th inch diameter. The surrounding area was turning red fairly quickly and actually was spreading along my veins up to my shoulder then down my arm. I felt "flu-ie", nauseous and fatigued. I did the Dexamethasone treatment as outlined on the website and it worked pretty quickly (for me, anyhow, YMMV).

As it turned out, he was/is the "Gerald" who gives his story in the website text and he had come to see me so I could take a current picture for his Gun Club badge and somehow we got to talking about spider bites. Also, our Club President at the time is married to a Vet and she agreed the small amount of Dex would do no harm to me and if it would work, good for me. Of course, my bite happened on a weekend . . .

Great post. Thanks.

The comment section has one who used the Ichthammol ung. My brother used it successfully on his BR bite.

I think I will get some for puncture wounds including cactus spines and mesquite thorns that can get inflamed and painful. Sometimes it takes months for the tip of a mesquite thorn to work out.
It might work on bee, fire ant and wasp stings also.

I think I'll get a Sawyer vacuum kit also.

I Dindo Nuffin
J
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
J
[align:right][/align]
Originally Posted by jaguartx

Like Ivermectin?

Fo sho bro. wink

Shallow contusions that are trying to get infected are often relieved with hot water with epepsom salts soaks and its drawing power and antibiotic effect as I'm sure you are aware.

I Dindo Nuffin
M
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
M
Originally Posted by Happy_Camper
Actually, Happy_Camper, I don't know what I said about you that would require your forgiveness. I purposely stay out of the fray and I most certainly have not piled on as others have. I remember we conversed about Communism once, and you may have offered prayers for my father and/or daughter, but other than that, I have no recollection.

No worries High Noon. Mauser was just trying to stir it up.
I hope that all goes well and it turns out to be a little bit of nothing.

Have a good day.

I was just jumping on the chance to you jumping on the chance to preach your bullshit at any opportunity, only I don't feel any guilt in doing it.

Originally Posted by mauserand9mm
Originally Posted by mauserand9mm
Originally Posted by Raspy
Whatever you said...everyone knows you are a lying jerk.

That's a bold assertion. Point out where you think I lied.

Well?
Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

278 members (160user, 21, 2500HD, 12344mag, 10ring1, 1lessdog, 29 invisible), 1,770 guests, and 1,100 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,632
Posts18,493,023
Members73,977
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.