-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
The constitution doesn't give age as a limiting factor....but it does give shall not be infringed as one.

If you can choose to be a transvestite at 12, enlist at 18 and need to be 21 to exercise your rights....you've done read it wrong.

Originally Posted by BrentD

I would not buy something that runs on any kind of primer given the possibility of primer shortages and even regulations. In fact, why not buy a flintlock? Really. Rocks aren't going away anytime soon.

J
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
J
Originally Posted by Nebraska
Raising the age to vote and to buy a firearm to 21 would be a good move for anyone not in the military. Would solve a lot of problems today!

No.

Fugg no.

I am MAGA.
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
I think the idea that a 17 year old girl can't purchase the means to defend herself is not only absurd, but criminal.

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Raising the age to vote and to buy a firearm to 21 would be a good move for anyone not in the military. Would solve a lot of problems today!

Name the problems that would solve you stupid fugk.

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by Hogwild7
The problem is when someone who doesn't believe anyone should own any guns gets to make the decision if we can buy one.
This is the problem. Or at least one of them.

Life can be rough on us dreamers.
IC B2

H
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
H
23 year old just shot up a work place in Maryland, Maryland has gun laws, MAKE MORE LAWS, Raise the Age,
Don't address the issues,

And these zombies line up and eat from the media’s trough

Cowards CANNOT be free. Nor should they be.

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by Joel/AK
Originally Posted by Squidge
The crime-prone age group is 15 to 25, it wouldn't bother me if this age group was more heavily scrutinized than other age groups when purchasing firearms.

Keep in mind that young adults in the military are in a very structured environment where access to firearms is tightly controlled and limited.

Too bad that's not how the constitution is worded.
There we go again waving that pesky document around.

H
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
H
If 21 to buy a firearm, and alcohol, then 21 to enlist, sign a contract, smoke, and VOTE Except they want to lower the voting age to 16.......

And these zombies line up and eat from the media’s trough

Cowards CANNOT be free. Nor should they be.

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
J
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
J
I agree, David. I also think its troubling that some on the fire are wolves in sheeps clothing regarding being Patriots and coming up with anti Trump narratives.

As Q said, infiltration rather than invasion.

Ecc 10:2
The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but that of a fool to the left.

A Nation which leaves God behind is soon left behind.

"The Lord never asked anyone to be a tax collector, lowyer, or Redskins fan".

I Dindo Nuffin
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
The militia of most states is defined as the able bodied men between the ages of 18-45. People forget you could not vote across the board for local State and Federal elections until the age of 21 prior to the 26th Amendment which was ratified by enough State legislatures July 1, 1971. But, age of conscript was 18 and Eisenhower pushed to lower the age to vote via Amendment in 1954 due to that fact but the States would have none of it.

If the culls want to change the age to purchase and carry a firearm to 21, (which by the 10th Amendment should be a State thing only) then they should do it by Constitutional Amendment, along with rescinding the age to vote to 21, get married without parental consent, enter contracts and drive. Only two of those things are Rights however, the rest are privileges and not protected by the Constitutions, but Big Brother wants to rule.

If the Right to arms can be set aside by congressional vote, then no right is sacrosanct and the Republic is indeed dead.

To preserve liberty it is essential that the whole body of people always possess arms and be taught alike, especially when young, how to use them.-Richard Henry Lee

Endowment Member NRA, Life Member SAF-GOA, Life-Board Member, West TN Director TFA
IC B3

Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
Treating 18-21 year olds who should be adults by then like children is another big problem.

C
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
C
Originally Posted by deflave
I think the idea that a 17 year old girl can't purchase the means to defend herself is not only absurd, but criminal.

Concur 100%

If you are not actively engaging EVERY enemy you encounter... you are allowing another to fight for you... and that is cowardice... plain and simple.

C
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
C
Is there a statistic out for how many 16 year old girls commit mass murder on a regular basis?

If you are not actively engaging EVERY enemy you encounter... you are allowing another to fight for you... and that is cowardice... plain and simple.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by CashisKing
Originally Posted by deflave

Concur 100%

+1

Slaves get what they need. Free men get what they want.

Rehabilitation is way overrated.

Orwell wasn't wrong.

GOA member
disappointed NRA member

24HCF SEARCH
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by CashisKing
Is there a statistic out for how many 16 year old girls commit mass murder on a regular basis?

Yeah, I'm betting that's a flatliner without a bubble to be seen anywhere, now matter what timeline you dream up.

Slaves get what they need. Free men get what they want.

Rehabilitation is way overrated.

Orwell wasn't wrong.

GOA member
disappointed NRA member

24HCF SEARCH
Campfire Outfitter
Online Happy
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by rcamuglia
The first Browning pistol a friend of mine bought was from his high school teacher, who brought it to class to sell it to him afterwards.

In the late 50's early 60's I used to ride the school bus to school with my n870 to hunt pheasants with after school. During the school day the shotgun and ammo was in my locker NOT LOCKED. Try that today.

NRA Endowment Life Member (and proud of it)

Nowadays people know the price of everything and the value of nothing.

Wise men speak because they have something to say; fools because they have to say something. - Plato

Deuteronomy 22:5

Campfire Outfitter
Online Happy
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Calhoun
What problems? We were 2 decades into almost record setting low homicide rates before the Democrats created their War on Cops and Defund the Police campaigns.

It’s not the guns that have gotten worse.
It’s not the people that have gotten worse.
It’s the Democrat policies that are killing people.

Well said.

NRA Endowment Life Member (and proud of it)

Nowadays people know the price of everything and the value of nothing.

Wise men speak because they have something to say; fools because they have to say something. - Plato

Deuteronomy 22:5

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Lies and propaganda work, be it gun law, school shootings or about presidents and elections and thousands more.

You can always fool some of the people all of the time

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I believe the Constitution is the supreme law of the land and means exactly what it says. The Bill of Rights enumerates certain God given rights which government cannot violate. Any law or regulation that violates the Constitution is unconstitutional and therefore unenforceable. The Second Ammendment says "shall not be infringed" therefore no government at any level can constitutionally restrict private ownership of firearms in any way.
From a realistic standpoint I can see where placing an age limit on the purchase or possession of firearms is reasonable but the Constitution forbids infringement, which that would be, therefore it is unconstitutional. The Supreme Court just issued a decision that federal officers cannot be sued for violating constitutional rights. I don't fully understand that decision and have to think there is more to it than is being reported, especially since Justice Thomas wrote the majority opinion. From what I have read, it seems like a bad decision and I would have to agree with the minority opinion.
Given the opportunity there are constitutional issues I would like to discuss in a reasonable manner without it becoming emotional. For instance does the Constitution only protect citizens or anyone in the United States? If you are here illegally are you protected under the constitution? What about birthright citizenship? What about age limits to vote? Is voting a right of being in the United States or a privilege of citizenship? How are three letter agencies allowed to make rules and regulations having force of law and bypassing Congress? There are others but you get the idea.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
It’s bull schit. You’re either an adult or not.

“Life is life and fun is fun, but it's all so quiet when the goldfish die.”
Page 2 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

378 members (257 mag, 160user, 163bc, 12344mag, 10gaugemag, 264mag, 34 invisible), 1,609 guests, and 939 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,867
Posts18,497,418
Members73,980
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.