-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 6 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I've got no room for the MSM and narcissist have hated me all my life.

The only thing worse than a liberal is a liberal that thinks they're a conservative.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
All of the schools in our county are assigned a Sheriffs deputy. I don't know if that would be any better or not, but they're there anyway.

J
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
J
Originally Posted by Orion2000
I call B.S. on the missing key. I worked at the local HS for 18 months. Every administrator, every custodian, most of the coaches and many of the teachers had master keys to open most doors in the building. This guy is spinning a story to spread the blame. He needs to suck start his Glock...

Bingo.

Ecc 10:2
The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but that of a fool to the left.

A Nation which leaves God behind is soon left behind.

"The Lord never asked anyone to be a tax collector, lowyer, or Redskins fan".

I Dindo Nuffin
J
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Sleepy
Campfire 'Bwana
J
Originally Posted by Phillip_Nesmith
All of the schools in our county are assigned a Sheriffs deputy. I don't know if that would be any better or not, but they're there anyway.

Uvalde had a sheriff deputy assigned to the school but they didn't respond to confront the shoot for an hour plus. Total incompetence

I got banned on another web site for a debate that happened on this site. That's a first
S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
A couple thoughts:

How can the head SRO/whatever his title is NOT HAVE A MASTER KEY on his person AT ALL TIMES? You would think that would be pretty darn high up on the list of useful things to carry if ever SHTF.

It was reported by his superiors in official press conferences that he had (incorrectly) declared the scene a "barricaded shooter" and ordered his men to stand down. Now he claims he was personally trying to unlock the door for 77 minutes???

Did you know he has been elected to the city council after this event. Anyone else think this was a way to remove him from his post but limit the liability the town/school/etc would be exposed to vs firing him?

Listening to the phone calls from the kids in the classroom is haunting.

IC B2

L
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
L
Originally Posted by Birdwatcher
Originally Posted by lvmiker
There is no acceptable rationale for the delay.

mike r

One Cop on the scene lost his daughter, another lost his wife. There were lots of Cops on the scene, I doubt many were stalling out of fear.

So clearly there was some apparent rationale for the delay on the scene at the time. Obviously unacceptable in hindsight.

I think just plain ol’ lack of communication and real world fubar.

Horseschidt! do you even read before you post. Kids being slaughtered in schools is not a new thing. Since Columbine and Beslan the problem and solution have been identified. A realistic response has been watered down by school people and politicians catering to the unicorn riders. It is well established and, in most areas SOP, that the 1st guys w/ guns take the most basic entry tools and find and kill the shooter w/out delay. Until that mission is accomplished every LEO responding has the same task. Command centers, evacuation, EMS are separate issues and best left for the period following the death of the shooter. Large schools present bigger problems that require more cops but the #1 priority never changes.

The good idea fairies complicate an issue that can be solved by letting the Alphas hunt.

YMMV... SNORK

mike r

Don't wish it were easier
Wish you were better

Stab them in the taint, you can't put a tourniquet on that.
Craig Douglas ECQC
J
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Sleepy
Campfire 'Bwana
J
Originally Posted by slm9s
A couple thoughts:

How can the head SRO/whatever his title is NOT HAVE A MASTER KEY on his person AT ALL TIMES? You would think that would be pretty darn high up on the list of useful things to carry if ever SHTF.

It was reported by his superiors in official press conferences that he had (incorrectly) declared the scene a "barricaded shooter" and ordered his men to stand down. Now he claims he was personally trying to unlock the door for 77 minutes???

Did you know he has been elected to the city council after this event. Anyone else think this was a way to remove him from his post but limit the liability the town/school/etc would be exposed to vs firing him?

Listening to the phone calls from the kids in the classroom is haunting.

Most anyone with 1/2 a brain can figure out a way to breach a door in way less than 77 minutes.

I got banned on another web site for a debate that happened on this site. That's a first
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by jaguartx
Originally Posted by Orion2000
I call B.S. on the missing key. I worked at the local HS for 18 months. Every administrator, every custodian, most of the coaches and many of the teachers had master keys to open most doors in the building. This guy is spinning a story to spread the blame. He needs to suck start his Glock...

Bingo.

I’m in a high school much closer to the scene of the crime, there’s gotta be two or three master keys depending on the age of the doors.

No coaches any very few teachers have them, the most reliable source for all of them is the head custodian, the Admin are supposed to have them and generally do, but rarely need to use them so when they do they sometimes gotta scramble, or just call a custodian.

"...if the gentlemen of Virginia shall send us a dozen of their sons, we would take great care in their education, instruct them in all we know, and make men of them." Canasatego 1744
M
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
M
Originally Posted by rockinbbar
Several officers went right in. The key situation was what it was, can’t breach the doors.

I bet if police would have thought there were a drug operation in there, they'd have knocked the door down pretty quick.

Uvalde had a sheriff deputy assigned to the school but they didn't respond to confront the shoot for an hour plus. Total incompetence[/quote]
Moreso if they thought there was a poker game - with beer and doughnuts involved!

Last edited by mark shubert; 06/10/22.

I've always been a curmudgeon - now I'm an old curmudgeon.
~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by SandBilly
Originally Posted by rockinbbar
Several officers went right in. The key situation was what it was, can’t breach the doors.

I bet if police would have thought there were a drug operation in there, they'd have knocked the door down pretty quick.

Or a drunk driver…

Or a maga hat....

IC B3

T
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
T

mike r

One Cop on the scene lost his daughter, another lost his wife. There were lots of Cops on the scene, I doubt many were stalling out of fear.

So clearly there was some apparent rationale for the delay on the scene at the time. Obviously unacceptable in hindsight.

Horseschidt! do you even read before you post. Kids being slaughtered in schools is not a new thing. Since Columbine and Beslan the problem and solution have been identified. A realistic response has been watered down by school people and politicians catering to the unicorn riders. It is well established and, in most areas SOP, that the 1st guys w/ guns take the most basic entry tools and find and kill the shooter w/out delay. Until that mission is accomplished every LEO responding has the same task. Command centers, evacuation, EMS are separate issues and best left for the period following the death of the shooter. Large schools present bigger problems that require more cops but the #1 priority never changes.

The good idea fairies complicate an issue that can be solved by letting the Alphas hunt.

YMMV... SNORK

mike r

Yep, my neighbor, a SRO said their training includes taking out an active shooter asap. Breach happens with a shotgun, no door anywhere in our school district stands a chance with 5-6 rounds of OO buck shot.

75 minutes, parents on scene while this drugged up psychopath is executing children is unacceptable. There are 6 fathers within 1/4 mile of me right now who would go in with their own firearms and eliminate this immediately. Some might die, but they wouldn't be setting up perimeters in body armor while children are begging for help over 911 calls.

Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Those cops were not prepared for that day. They thought their job was to write parking tickets and make sure the referees a high school basketball games didn't get beat up by the parents.

I'm not buying the door was locked bull s hit. They were standing outside the door as little kids were begging for their lives and being butchered. They did nothing to stop it. Unconscionable, unbelievable and inexcusable. They could have put smoke or a flash bang through an outside window in the room, broke the door and bum rushed him. That plan could have been put together by any group of high school cheerleaders in a matter of minutes.

"Cowards" is the only word I can think of.

"You cannot invade mainland America. There would be a rifle behind every blade of grass"
~Admiral Yamamoto~

When the people fear their government, there is tyranny; when the government fears the people, there is liberty. ~Thomas Jefferson~
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
One Cop on The good idea fairies complicate an issue that can be solved by letting the Alphas hunt.

YMMV... SNORK

mike r

So all the Cops on the scene that day, including those that lost a wife and child, were good idea fairies.

Got it.

"...if the gentlemen of Virginia shall send us a dozen of their sons, we would take great care in their education, instruct them in all we know, and make men of them." Canasatego 1744
L
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
L
One Cop on The good idea fairies complicate an issue that can be solved by letting the Alphas hunt.

YMMV... SNORK

mike r

So all the Cops on the scene that day, including those that lost a wife and child, were good idea fairies.

Got it.

Simple answer, would you hesitate to act if it were your kid?

mike r

Don't wish it were easier
Wish you were better

Stab them in the taint, you can't put a tourniquet on that.
Craig Douglas ECQC
J
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
J

mike r

YMMV... SNORK

mike r

Well, there is that FACT

I Dindo Nuffin
J
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
J

YMMV... SNORK

mike r

Got it.

They were and are gutless pukes who took the job hoping to never face something like this on their way to retirement.

I Dindo Nuffin
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana

YMMV... SNORK

mike r

Got it.

mike r

I’d like to think I wouldn’t hesitate to act if it were anybody’s kids, can’t open a door by wanting to tho.

J
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Sleepy
Campfire 'Bwana
J

YMMV... SNORK

mike r

Got it.

mike r

I’d like to think I wouldn’t hesitate to act if it were anybody’s kids, can’t open a door by wanting to tho.

Bull [bleep], many ways to breach a door or go through a window. The first thing is you have to want to neutralize the shooter bad enough to make it happen. Looking for reasons why you can't instead of looking for reasons why you can doesn't get it done.

Campfire 'Bwana
OP Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by deflave
Originally Posted by ltppowell
Libs always gotta blame the cops for not stopping one of their homicidal psycho relatives from doing stuff.

You knew he was crazy all his life.

You're an idiot.

You’re Border Patrol, you’ve been to Uvalde, what would you have done different that most of them did on the scene that day?

H
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
H
How many ground floor classroom walls, with or without windows, can handle being rammed by a patrol car at full throttle? No master key required. Once that hole is made, any cop with a pair of balls bigger than Spanish peanuts ought to be able to lay down enough rounds to eliminate the threat.

Ignorance can be fixed. Stupid is forever!
Page 6 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

610 members (1lessdog, 12344mag, 2500HD, 1234, 1_deuce, 17CalFan, 59 invisible), 2,407 guests, and 1,182 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,522
Posts18,491,039
Members73,972
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.