Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
284LUVR Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
My bow and I have been out of the woods for several years.That's going to end this year. Having been away from bowhunting for awhile I was wondering what you guys are using and if there are any new products out ther worth looking into.

Thanks in advance 284.

GB1

N
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
N
Probably Irish Spring. That way you'll know FOR SURE how you're doing with staying down wind.... laugh laugh laugh

I do the soaps/wash too (Scent-Killer) but I'm pretty sure they just give me more confidence. I don't know if it's possible to fool a deer's nose, no matter how much you spend and how much time you put in to the effort. BUT - confidence goes a long way with bowhunting. Good luck!!

Biden's most truthful quote ever came during his first press conference, 03/25/21.
Drum roll please...... "I don't know, to be clear." and THAT is one promise he's kept!!!
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I use the HS body wash/shampoo green stuff that comes in the bottle. HS anti-perspirant. Then Scentlok baselayers under scentlok pants and pullover. Use Scentlok headcover with built-in ballcap also. No cover scent.
Seems to work as I have had tons of deer - does and bucks - downwind of me and not smell me and blow out of there.

“There are some who can live without wild things and some who cannot.”
ALDO LEOPOLD
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by Nebraska
Probably Irish Spring. That way you'll know FOR SURE how you're doing with staying down wind.... laugh laugh laugh

don't laugh, that's what the guys in my camp use. i just shake my head. crazy
believe it or not, ivory soap works for me with a dousing of baking soda, both done right before i hunt. cheap, easy to get, & fools 'em most of the time.

-ken

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I also use the HS green body wash/shampoo and deodorant and wash my clothes in HS laundry detergent. I sometimes spray with HS scent eliminator and attach one of those fresh earth wafers to my hat. I do not have any Scentlock clothes. I could have counted coup on some mulies this year.

Last edited by Cheyenne; 10/05/07.

"Don't believe everything you see on the Internet" - Abraham Lincoln
IC B2

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Ivory soap and Arm-and-Hammer unscented stick deodorant. Waaay less costly than the TV-hyped stuff.

For laundry soap, any unscented soap without UV brighteners. I have used Sport Wash in the past. I don't pay as much attention to scent control as I used to. If you're in the woods, the deer WILL smell you. About the best I hope for any more is to leave the least amount of scent on the ground for the deer to pattern me after I go home to mama and the kids. A lot of scent product company entrepreneurs would have you think differently because it makes them richer.
_

Our God reigns.
Harrumph!!!
I often use quick reply. My posts are not directed toward any specific person unless I mention them by name.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I use my normal products (Head and Shoulders for the hair and whatever is in the soap dish for the rest) . Then I go back over myself with baking soda. When I get out a put a bit of it under the pits and on top of my wet hair-- not a lot, before toweling off.

Then I work the wind a best as I can.

Genesis 9:2-4 Ministries Lighthearted Confessions of a Cervid Serial Killer
D
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
D
Scent Shield...soap,shampoo and hair and body lotion.Actually cheaper for me.I use the shampoo and soap pretty much year round.A little lathers well and goes along way,besides my kids leave it alone and don't waste it like the regular soap and shampoo. wink Use Arm and Hammer scent free deodorant.Also their laundry detergant,that or All free.Can't stand a fragence on my self or clothing hunting or not...

My dog is a member of the "Turd Like Clan"

Covert Trail Cameras are JUNK

3 Time Dinkathon Champion #DinkGOAT

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I use arm and hammer unscented detergent, unscented soap, and unscented Mitchum deodorant and antiperspirant same as every day. I wash my clothes, spray them with permethrin for the ticks once in a while and leave them outside on the porch. It's been pretty good.

"I didn't get the sophisticated gene in this family. I started the sophisticated gene in this family." Willie Robertson
N
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
N
One scent control measure I always take is wearing rubber boots. That is a big plus for not leaving a scent trail to/from the stand IMO. Once I'm in the air, it really doesn't matter that much to me.

Biden's most truthful quote ever came during his first press conference, 03/25/21.
Drum roll please...... "I don't know, to be clear." and THAT is one promise he's kept!!!
IC B3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

351 members (14idaho, 16penny, 16gage, 10gaugemag, 06hunter59, 1Longbow, 46 invisible), 2,146 guests, and 1,250 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,991
Posts18,481,094
Members73,959
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.