Pro-Constitution.
LET'S GO BRANDON!!!
GB1

B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
Originally Posted by Oldelkhunter
Out of all the well known and unknown dealers in NC and SC. Only 2 have classics, This guy has more then his share at least for now. He has a lot of pre-64's as well and a few FN Mauser rifles sold by Browning.

After my last 2 experiences with Gunbroker and a large Virginia dealer located right next to I-95 I want to see rifles in person.

You had a problem with Green Top OEH?

Where is the dealer you got the rifle from? I’m down in NC right now. Might be within looking distance if it isn’t too far away.

Semper Fi
B
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
B
Very nice rifle. You did very well.. As for the recoil pad, that one is probably much better than the one ken posted. Damn those hard red pads hurt!!!!! My XTR Sporter I just bought has one of those and boy it does not absorb any recoil. Its like getting smacked with a 2x4...

Originally Posted by raybass
I try to stick with the basics, they do so well. Nothing fancy mind you, just plain jane will get it done with style.
Originally Posted by Pharmseller
You want to see an animal drop right now? Shoot him in the ear hole.

BSA MAGA
O
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
O
Originally Posted by beretzs
Out of all the well known and unknown dealers in NC and SC. Only 2 have classics, This guy has more then his share at least for now. He has a lot of pre-64's as well and a few FN Mauser rifles sold by Browning.

After my last 2 experiences with Gunbroker and a large Virginia dealer located right next to I-95 I want to see rifles in person.

Where is the dealer you got the rifle from? I’m down in NC right now. Might be within looking distance if it isn’t too far away.

Yes , pm me and I'll give you the details.

B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B

OEH, thank you! Gives me something to do on the off time!

Semper Fi
IC B2

A
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
A
Great pick up at a great price.

I have one of these rifles. It shoots a Barnes 168 gr TTSX into tight little groups at just under 3300 FPS when pushed by 83 gr of R22.

Dyin' ain't much of a livin' boy - Josey Wales
O
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
O
Originally Posted by AU338MAG
Great pick up at a great price.

I have one of these rifles. It shoots a Barnes 168 gr TTSX into tight little groups at just under 3300 FPS when pushed by 83 gr of R22.

Have you made any mods to this?

B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B

Man, OEH, great store. You’d never guess at the stuff they have on the inside from seeing the place from the outside. They had some real gems in there. A few Purdeys and H&H’s as well. I spent a solid 1.5 hours crawling around their rifle racks. Even had a pristine P64 30-06 Carbine. Well worth the small trip. It’ll be on my list from now on.

Semper Fi
O
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
O

Man, OEH, great store. You’d never guess at the stuff they have on the inside from seeing the place from the outside. They had some real gems in there. A few Purdeys and H&H’s as well. I spent a solid 1.5 hours crawling around their rifle racks. Even had a pristine P64 30-06 Carbine. Well worth the small trip. It’ll be on my list from now on.

I have a 45 minute time limit in there, one day I would like to spend more time. The owner brings in some gems from time to time, from the outside looks like a Detroit crackhouse.

Bought another Classic Stainless today a 270 Win. Should be getting it in a few days.

Last edited by Oldelkhunter; 06/14/22.
B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
Agreed about the crack house.

Yeah, he had quite a few P64 264 Wins and some nice shooter grade 06 and 270’s. A couple pretty nice 375’s and 338’s. A decently nice 22 Hornet as well.

I haven’t actually seen that many P64’s under one roof in quite awhile and their prices were more than fair to my eyes.

Lotsa the old Browning bolt guns as well….

The gem I had a helluva time putting back was the P64 300 Win…. That sucker was as perfect as a late model P64 could be and priced a bit under what I’d have guessed what the hang tag would say.

They had a new Ruger 17 Hornet as well, laminate and SS. That was almost an impulse buy.

Semper Fi
IC B3

O
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
O

Yeah, he had quite a few P64 264 Wins and some nice shooter grade 06 and 270’s. A couple pretty nice 375’s and 338’s. A decently nice 22 Hornet as well.

I haven’t actually seen that many P64’s under one roof in quite awhile and their prices were more than fair to my eyes.

The gem I had a helluva time putting back was the P64 300 Win…. That sucker was as perfect as a late model P64 could be and priced a bit under what I’d have guessed what the hang tag would say.

They had a new Ruger 17 Hornet as well, laminate and SS. That was almost an impulse buy.

Did you see the Remington 700 African Plains Rifle in 338? I know a guy who has a basement full of Browning FN's FWIW

B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B

Did you see the Remington 700 African Plains Rifle in 338? I know a guy who has a basement full of Browning FN's FWIW

I didn’t snoop the Remingtons too much. I really kinda stayed back with the P64’s in case someone like NYRifleman or similar was there on a mission. I didn’t wanna let someone get a jump on me.

I did see an awesome SuperGrade low serial 06 in the display case. I was too chicken to ask to see it though. Felt weak with a pocket full of per diem money there. Figured I’d better walk away before things got silly.

I may just head back down again before I leave town to take one more gander.

Semper Fi
O
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
O

I didn’t snoop the Remingtons too much. I really kinda stayed back with the P64’s in case someone like NYRifleman or similar was there on a mission. I didn’t wanna let someone get a jump on me.

I did see an awesome SuperGrade low serial 06 in the display case. I was too chicken to ask to see it though. Felt weak with a pocket full of per diem money there. Figured I’d better walk away before things got silly.

I may just head back down again before I leave town to take one more gander.

The Rotary gun case? Yeah he has some stuff in there for sure. I go there on average of once a month, because he has so much stuff in there and gets new guns in all the time. He will not ship a gun however, he has had some issues with UPS and the post office.

Last edited by Oldelkhunter; 06/14/22.
B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
Right as you walk thru the front door, a little to the right he had a octagonal looking display case with the real high end stuff in it. It was near all of the 22’s.

Semper Fi
B
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
B
Sounds like a great gun shop. I'd probably spend hours in a place like that.. Also you mention the "tag" price on some of those. If one had caught my eye, I'd be talking them down.. ha ha..

I try to stick with the basics, they do so well. Nothing fancy mind you, just plain jane will get it done with style.

BSA MAGA
B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
For sure. There are a couple that’ll force me to drive back and see if they’ll work with me some.

Tune in later…..

Semper Fi
B
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
B
Nice. Keep us posted..

BSA MAGA
V
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
V
I had one, I regret letting it go. That rifle was super accurate with 180 TSx’s and the max charge of 4831.

O
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
O
Originally Posted by viking
I had one, I regret letting it go. That rifle was super accurate with 180 TSx’s and the max charge of 4831.

I had a classic stainless 7mm . MAJOR regret.

B
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
B
Originally Posted by viking

I had a classic stainless 7mm . MAJOR regret.

Was it really that bad?

BSA MAGA
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

583 members (1936M71, 160user, 1234, 06hunter59, 1Longbow, 007FJ, 57 invisible), 2,363 guests, and 1,205 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,532
Posts18,491,216
Members73,972
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.