Campfire Outfitter
P
Ocean ain’t bad

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

Snow ain’t bad

Obey lawful commands. Video interactions. Hold bad cops accountable. Problem solved.

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~

Member #547
Join date 3/09/2001

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
15 month on Guam, yeah seen it a few times. What really struck me was flying over the Pacific. So massive.

The older I become the more I am convinced that the voice of honor in a man's heart is the voice of GOD.
R
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
R
While in the Army,

Flying from Calif. to Japan, on a MATS flight in a 707 back in the late 50s PFC next to me was very neverous say's, what if we have engine trouble? i can't see anything but water, I told him if the engines quit just open the door and step out, you can fly just as far as you can swim, and he puked. Rio7

D
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
D
I was raised around the ocean and commercial fished for a few years when I was younger. I’ve had two boats sink on me and spent the night in the water. Got picked up right after dawn both times thankfully. I’ve seen the Atlantic , Gulf of Mexico , and Pacific. I’ve hiked and hunted the Rockies. I’ve driven throughout the USA except for the northeast and southwest. I’m going to take a road trip through the southwest before I die hopefully. I’d like to hunt some kind of big game in the desert southwest just to say I’ve done it. I’m sure there’s some great places to see in the northeast but [bleep] the people ! I know there’s plenty of good people there but it’s run over with the biggest asshats I’ve ever met. All my life I’ve had to deal with GD Yankees here in Florida. The only other place I have zero desire to see again is Los Angeles. That’s another pile of steaming chit ! Los Angeles was full of asshats thirty years ago and I’m not hearing it’s gotten better.

‘TO LEARN WHO RULES OVER YOU, SIMPLY FIND OUT WHO YOU ARE NOT ALLOWED TO CRITICIZE’

Conspiracy theorists are the ones who see it all coming…

You are the carbon they want to eliminate !

I’m Uber Deplorable Ultra MAGA !
J
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
J
Originally Posted by Idaho_Shooter
I would just much prefer to be in a mountain meadow on a good horse.

Between a house on the beach in Newport with a hot tub, or a tent on a mountain ten miles from the nearest road at ten degrees F in thirteen inches of snow? I will take the tent. Even with my boots frozen solid in the mornings.

I would post the pics again, if resizing them was not such a time consuming PIA.

I agree with you 110 percent.
I live about an hour away from the Jersey shore.
Can't stand it. Never could. I find my peace and happiness in the woods and hills and the cold.
Co-workers all think I'm nuts!

"No good deed shall go unpunished!"
IC B2

L
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
L
About 40% of the U.S. population lives w/in 50 miles of an ocean. The Oregon coast is a great place to visit w/ the coolest State Parks and cool people...south of Portland. Warm sunny beaches suck.

mike r

Don't wish it were easier
Wish you were better

Stab them in the taint, you can't put a tourniquet on that.
Craig Douglas ECQC
B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
I’m happy to let you guys that like it have it. Seen both coasts and didn’t care for either. Politics aside, just didn’t care for it. At all. My daughter had wanted to see and ocean forever, so a couple years ago I took the family over to see the redwoods (something I’d wanted to see my whole life) and show my daughter the beach. Dropped down into Crescent city for a couple days and hauled ass home. I’m fine if I never see an ocean again.

There is without a doubt a certain magnificence to it, and it’s worth seeing once.

MAGA
C
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
C
Originally Posted by Daveinjax
I’m sure there’s some great places to see in the northeast but [bleep] the people ! I know there’s plenty of good people there but it’s run over with the biggest asshats I’ve ever met. All my life I’ve had to deal with GD Yankees here in Florida. The only other place I have zero desire to see again is Los Angeles. That’s another pile of steaming chit ! Los Angeles was full of asshats thirty years ago and I’m not hearing it’s gotten better.

We went to a wedding yesterday and also the rehearsal dinner Friday night. The groom is from Northern California. When we met various of his family and friends that came here for the wedding, the California people, when introducing themselves to us stressed that they were from NORTHERN California, the same way we stress that we are from NORTHERN (not Upstate) New York.

Mathew 22: 37-39

N
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
N
My father was the Engineering Officer on an LST in the Pacific during WWII and one day he overheard a couple of the black stewards as they stood by the deck railing looking out over rhe Pacific. One of them said, “whoee, that sure is a lot of water!”

The other replied, “yeah, and that’s just the top of it!” 😁

NRA Life,Endowment,Patron or Benefactor since '72.
hardway Online Content OP
Campfire Regular
OP Online Content
Campfire Regular
I'm not a huge fan but I love the seafood and a couple fishing trips a year. I live right in between the ocean and the Sierra Nevada mountains ....actually in the Sierra Nevada foothills .... I can be at 10,000 feet absl or on the beach in 90 minutes. I absolutely LOVE the high country but as I get older I can't ignore the weather on the coast.... Myold man retired to Fort Bragg and he lives about a 1/2 mile inland.... hardly ever above 75 in the summer and very rarely below freezing in the winter.... I am so damn tired of the heat. Even at 6-7000 ft it can still get above 100 in the summer and bone ass dry/dusty..... I can't stand the politics but why should I let those dipshits affect where I retire? I'm just gonna leave the news off and continue to vote libertarian and enjoy the weather the last few years I have left.

IC B3

B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
Originally Posted by hardway
I'm not a huge fan but I love the seafood and a couple fishing trips a year. I live right in between the ocean and the Sierra Nevada mountains ....actually in the Sierra Nevada foothills .... I can be at 10,000 feet absl or on the beach in 90 minutes. I absolutely LOVE the high country but as I get older I can't ignore the weather on the coast.... Myold man retired to Fort Bragg and he lives about a 1/2 mile inland.... hardly ever above 75 in the summer and very rarely below freezing in the winter.... I am so damn tired of the heat. Even at 6-7000 ft it can still get above 100 in the summer and bone ass dry/dusty..... I can't stand the politics but why should I let those dipshits affect where I retire? I'm just gonna leave the news off and continue to vote libertarian and enjoy the weather the last few years I have left.

I would love to have been able to visit and experience the California my buddies talk about from even 30 years ago.

MAGA
hardway Online Content OP
Campfire Regular
OP Online Content
Campfire Regular
.[/quote]

I would love to have been able to visit and experience the California my buddies talk about from even 30 years ago.[/quote]

Myold man has been going up there for his entire life....that was their getaway when he was a kid and he LOVES the ocean, salmon/rock fishing....crabbing, clams, used to be abalone which are fuggin excellent but been closed a few years .... I do not love it the same way but the weather man.... I really am damn tired of 50+ 100deg days a year and the dry conditions in the summer……we haven't had hardly any measurable rain since December..... the dust seams to bother me way more than it used to as well.....

I fuggin HATE Ca politics but I'm starting to feel like they win if I leave.... they will for sure get a larger slice of taxes out of me but I just refuse to be miserable when I retire ... a lot of the towns on the north coast are just old logging towns.... not much of that going on anymore but still more than a guy would think...…kids that go to high school there have zero opportunity when they graduate which has turned a lot of those places into tourist based economies but fugg it..... get my 5-10 acres outside of town in the woods.... could care less if I can see the ocean which means cheaper.... it's damn nice to sit out in July in the mist/fog and drink a beer in the hot tub.... quite a bit of public Forrest just outside of town..... guaranteed 2 buck tags a year, otc bear tags, tons of hogs, can be waterfowling or upland hunting within a couple hours..... the bass factory Clearlake is only about 90 minutes away..... I think I have myself convinced LOL.

K
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
K
I've never in my life lived landlocked, and never will, if I have any say in it. Maybe the fact that my heritage is that of island people (Scotland and Japan) has something to do with it. Hmm. And possibly why traditionally I like to drink and fight? wink

I've been fortunate to have been in and around the big three of the world's oceans A/P/I. Also spent lots of time in many of the seas around the world. Japan, Philippine, North, Med, Cortez, South China, etc., etc.

Since others are tossing up some ocean goodness: can't chase or catch any of these critters inland...

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

J
Campfire Kahuna
Online Happy
Campfire Kahuna
J
Oceans is for cripples and old women.

I am MAGA.
K
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
K

J
Campfire Kahuna
Online Happy
Campfire Kahuna
J
I rest my case.

I am MAGA.
K
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
K

G
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
G
This one sums it up well:

K
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
K

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Great pics L!

Page 4 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

255 members (264mag, 204guy, 17CalFan, 257_X_50, 219 Wasp, 30 invisible), 2,294 guests, and 1,214 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,625
Posts18,492,870
Members73,977
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.