Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by GAGoober
Is it true Tesla dealerships are now giving new buyers “Save The Whales” bumper stickers?

There are no Tesla dealerships.
Tesla's go direct from manufacturer to consumers.

Padded VA Hospital Rooms for $1000 Alex

Originally Posted by renegade50
My ignoree,s will never be Rock Stars on 24 hr campfire.....Like me!!!!

What are psychotic puppet hunters?

S
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
S
One thing that causes confusion about the Tesla is the range. You will see cases where somebody drove 340 miles on a charge. You can do that, if you charge the battery up all the way.

However, if you charge the battery up all the way every time, you will damage the battery. It is stupid to fully charge the battery.

According to information from Tesla, my brother only goes with an 80 percent charge, on a 220 station that I wired up for him in his garage. He never charges over 80 percent. Yesterday, with that 80 percent charge, the Tesla computer showed that we could go 265 miles. And you could go 265 miles, if you were running no heat, or a/c, or headlights. Nice cloudy 65 degree day, off you go!

Yesterday we just put enough juice in the tank to get 102 miles to get home, took 22 minutes. To charge it up to 80 percent, the most that my brother goes, would have taken 34 minutes.

On the long trip on the hot day, you have to stop every 2 hours for a 34 minute charge.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
They look alright in a garage.
My opinion, that is where it stops.
No thank you.
I'll take my full size GMC Yukon Denali and leave my carbon foot print across the country at my pace on my time.
Let's Go Brandon.

W
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
W
The old Berne sanders power strip plugged inti itself.

These premises insured by a Sheltie in Training ,--- and Cooey.o
"May the Good Lord take a likin' to you"
S
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
S
There is a big Tesla dealership in Charlotte. They have dealers all over the country.

ps My brother is no kind of Greenie, he thinks "Climate Change" is a bunch of BS.

IC B2

K
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
K
Wanted to post a video from KCRA news in Sacramento Ca about a Tesla fire, but too computer dumb. Maybe somebody can post it. Funny.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
What is someone built a small trailer with a second battery in it?

Million dollar idea....

Music washes away the dust of everyday life
Some people wait a lifetime to meet their favorite hunting and shooting buddy. Mine calls me dad
[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Snowwolfe
Compared to a Honda Civic that will easily get 40 mpg on the highway the Tesla costs more to operate. I didnt expect that to be honest.
Numbers for electric don't look good enough to you? FJB says "Hold my Ensure, $8/gal gas coming up!"

Politics is War by Other Means
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
There's a big fight in Idaho right now about a proposed "Lava Ridge Wind Project". It's proposed to cover 73,000 acres of BLM land. Here are some of the specs:

The proposed project includes up to 400 wind energy generating turbines, up to seven new substations, approximately 198 miles of 34.5 kilovolt (kV) collector lines, 34 miles of 230 kV transmission lines, 18 miles of 500 kV transmission lines, 381 miles of access roads, 47 miles of temporary crane walk paths, a battery energy storage system, three operations and maintenance facilities, five permanent met towers, and construction-related staging yards. Engineering is preliminary, but the turbines may have a maximum height (including the rotor) of up to 740 feet.

This is favored by Biden and has his support. What it is is a huge giveaway of our public lands. While this land isn't the greatest hunting area in Idaho, it sets a dangerous precedent for private companies getting permanent control of our property.
At the same time, there are several huge solar projects in the works in Idaho but they're all on private land.

“In a time of deceit telling the truth is a revolutionary act.”
― George Orwell

It's not over when you lose. It's over when you quit.
S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
Originally Posted by Tyrone
Compared to a Honda Civic that will easily get 40 mpg on the highway the Tesla costs more to operate. I didnt expect that to be honest.
Numbers for electric don't look good enough to you? FJB says "Hold my Ensure, $8/gal gas coming up!"

Certainty not good enough to dump my current ICE vehicles and spend the money to replace them with EV's.

My biggest fear is when I die my wife will sell my guns for what I told her they cost.
IC B3

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by simonkenton7
There is a big Tesla dealership in Charlotte. They have dealers all over the country.

ps My brother is no kind of Greenie, he thinks "Climate Change" is a bunch of BS.

Here Is Why Tesla Has No Dealerships

NOV 25, 2021
There has been a big debate on how Tesla is not playing by the rules and selling their cars directly to customers without going through a dealership. The fact is, you can’t just buy a car straight from a manufacturer because of federal laws in compliance with the franchise law. This is what the traditional way of buying a car has been for the past 60 years or more, but that is changing with Tesla.
Choosing to have no dealerships around the country but rather just galleries that do not intend to sell you a Tesla but rather talk to you about the benefits of owning a Tesla or any other electric vehicle, Tesla seems to be putting the old-fashioned dealership style out of the contest.

https://www.hotcars.com/here-is-why-tesla-has-no-dealerships/

Padded VA Hospital Rooms for $1000 Alex

Originally Posted by renegade50
My ignoree,s will never be Rock Stars on 24 hr campfire.....Like me!!!!

What are psychotic puppet hunters?
S
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
S
Originally Posted by TimZ
So down here in Texas anytime from March to October you couldn’t make it from, say Houston to Austin or San Antonio or Dallas on a single charge. That makes it hard to justify.

Interesting that you would bring up the run from San Antonio to Houston. That is exactly how far you couldn't go on a hot summer day in a Tesla. Gotta stop in Katy and tank up.

And you get hot summer days down there, I drove that road over 650 times in the big rig, in fact I just posted yesterday about how I wacked an 8 pointer near Columbus at midnight in the big truck. Y'all got some big deer there in Texas.

Talk about range! My big diesel got 7mpg and held 215 gallons of diesel.

Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
So if I wanted to try to get to Panama City Beach in one leg and do it in my usual 8.0 hours
499 miles

A tesla would make me stop a couple of times for maybe an hour a pop? And still have to pay for charging fees?

$60 in gas and can be there with daylight to spare with gasoline

To me a tesla or other electric vehicle is for putting around town.

I damn sure would not take it across several states like the Rockies, desert areas, places where even gas is 60 miles apart like Nevada or Utah.

I dont see the appeal unless youre a bike phag or all you needs are met in a small urban area.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Most gas stations around me have at least 4, 2 sided pumps.
How much of a backup would there be if everyone drove electric and we had 8 charging stations and each charge takes 20 minutes?

Politics is War by Other Means
P
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
P
[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

My brother and I drove to Hickory yesterday. In 95 degree weather, you lose 40 percent of your mileage due to a/c. When we left home the Tesla computer said we had 265 miles in the tank, but in fact we could only go 159 miles.

The Tesla Supercharger is fast. In 22 minutes we put enough juice in to travel the 102 miles to home. Cost $14.

This was at a big new Sheetz gas station on I40. They have 8 Tesla Superchargers.

There is no slot for your credit card. You don't pay the cashier inside. You just plug in. Tesla knows who you are and they bill you.

The line at a Costco gas station in never less than 22 minutes.

P
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
P
Originally Posted by Tyrone

The 'painful transition' or whatever he called it.

E
ERK Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
E
My brother in law directed me to a Costco station in a busy city. I saw the line and told him I don’t wait for gas when there are stations all over the damn place. The little you save doesn’t pay for the pissed off time. Edk

S
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
S
Sparky that is an interesting article about Tesla dealerships.

This is the big Tesla dealer in Charlotte. My brother bought his car there, and I drove him over there last year to pick it up. It looks like a regular car dealership, very big building.

One thing that was weird, they had zero Teslas on the showroom floor. You have to order one and wait 8 months for them to build it.
In that sense I guess this may not be a normal dealer, but more of a "buy direct" operation. They do have a big shop, got about 15 mechanics working there. They have several salesmen. But if you want to test drive the Tesla you want to buy, tough luck, they have none to show you. You can watch a video.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Y'all are missin' the point with your comments about goin' on long trips. Like slummy goin' to the beach.

In the Good Ol' Days, ya' didn't take your own horse on a long trip. You took the stage or the train, then went to the Livery if'n ya' needed to get to Uncle Jasper's outside town to tell him that Ma died personal like, so's he didn't have to get the news in a telegraph letter or from Millie the operator if tha town had the newfangled tellyfone thingie.

Now, if'n your electrical car don't got the juice to make it all the way to Uncle Jaspers, just get on the public transportation and call a Uber when ya gets there to haul your ass out to the Uncle's ranchito.

The desert is a true treasure for him who seeks refuge from men and the evil of men.
In it is contentment
In it is death and all you seek
(Quoted from "The Bleeding of the Stone" Ibrahim Al-Koni)

member of the cabal of dysfunctional squirrels?
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Sparky that is an interesting article about Tesla dealerships.

This is the big Tesla dealer in Charlotte. My brother bought his car there, and I drove him over there last year to pick it up. It looks like a regular car dealership, very big building.

One thing that was weird, they had zero Teslas on the showroom floor. You have to order one and wait 8 months for them to build it.
In that sense I guess this may not be a normal dealer, but more of a "buy direct" operation. They do have a big shop, got about 15 mechanics working there. They have several salesmen. But if you want to test drive the Tesla you want to buy, tough luck, they have none to show you. You can watch a video.

Well that sucks they won't be selling me one in the near future. Put it this way I'm not buying No EV, Gas or Diesel without a test drive.

Page 2 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

150 members (257_X_50, 35WhelenNut, 300_savage, 338reddog, 308xray, 29 invisible), 1,871 guests, and 1,023 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,367
Posts18,488,270
Members73,970
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.