Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Recently, it was determined that there are descrepancies in our family cemetery plots that were purchased during the 1930-1940s. Research was done to bring in a ground penetrating radar device. Quotes for such service were triple the cost of a single plot and the family paused to regroup. Later, a family member came up with possible solution that a church member suggested.

A construction company employee in a another county digs graves as a sideline business and locates graves by dowsing. He was immediately contacted and gave us a price we could live with. Several family members, the Cemetery Association Director and I met with him yesterday. Long story, short he located existing graves and verified the plots that did not have a record of burial. He used two wire rods and verified by driving a 1/2" 5' steel rod.

The family was amazed and appreciative. I had witnessed dowsing previously on some land I was to build a cabin. The contractor I hired to put in a well had the dowsing ability. He simply looked around for a suitable tree limb fork and found a Black Cherry tree with what he was looking for. The dowsing showed him where there was a strong water source and a plus that two courses of underground water crossed and he marked the spot. I asked him to search nearby I was proposing to put up a horse barn. We went over to the area and he said for me to try it. Nothing happened, then he walked over to me and placed his hands on mine and after a few steps, the forked stick went straight down.

The force is not with me.

You're Welcome At My Fire Anytime

W
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
W
A man here can find draintile water.

These premises insured by a Sheltie in Training ,--- and Cooey.o
"May the Good Lord take a likin' to you"
J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Graves are 6’ deep, why the 5’ rod drove into the ground?

I
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I
It's WITCHCRAFT!

People who choose to brew up their own storms bitch loudest about the rain.
I
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I
Originally Posted by jackmountain
But the top of the vault or coffin is not.

People who choose to brew up their own storms bitch loudest about the rain.
IC B2

O
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
O

I'm guessing the coffin isn't one inch high.

J
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
J
Crap. That's why I always found bones instead of water.

Ecc 10:2
The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but that of a fool to the left.

A Nation which leaves God behind is soon left behind.

"The Lord never asked anyone to be a tax collector, lowyer, or Redskins fan".

I Dindo Nuffin
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Long story, short he located existing graves and verified the plots that did not have a record of burial. He used two wire rods and verified by driving a 1/2" 5' steel rod.

How does that work, roundoak?

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
There was a shoot-out in my small Iowa hometown back in 1901. It has been called Iowa's largest gun battle. One of the three miscreants was killed (by a .44 rifle). He was unceremoniously buried in the township cemetery and forgotten. In later years, there was interest in the grave, and an old fellow who was around in 1901 recalled that he was buried somewhere at the outer margin of the cemetery, away from the rest of the graves. A douser was employed and found the grave. It now has a small marker.

Not a real member - just an ordinary guy who appreciates being able to hang around and say something once in awhile.

Happily Trapped In the Past (Thanks, Joe)

Not only a less than minimally educated person, but stupid and out of touch as well.
W
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
W
Originally Posted by OlderGuy54

I'm guessing the coffin isn't one inch high.

Welcome aboard new friend.

IC B3

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Dowsing the real deal. I had my doubts about it but had a shop teacher take a pair of metal rods and let us walk over a known to him water line under a commercial concrete floor. Most of that tried couldn’t find it. They swiveled over it unmistakably when I walked over it with them. I had no problem seeing where the main lead with no knowledge of where it was at.

I have no idea what the science is behind it or if it’s grip or whatever.

G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
Originally Posted by TheLastLemming76
Dowsing the real deal. I had my doubts about it but had a shop teacher take a pair of metal rods and let us walk over a know water line. Most of them couldn’t find it or had a slight change. They swiveled over it unmistakably when I walked over it with them. I had no problem seeing where the main lead.

I’m not a hocus pocus person but it was very obvious where the line was when I tried it that I have no doubt. I have no idea what the science is behind it.
There is no science behind it. That's why it's all bullshit, lol.

W
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
W
I've seen it work.

A
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
A
Originally Posted by Ghostinthemachine
Originally Posted by TheLastLemming76
Dowsing the real deal. I had my doubts about it but had a shop teacher take a pair of metal rods and let us walk over a know water line. Most of them couldn’t find it or had a slight change. They swiveled over it unmistakably when I walked over it with them. I had no problem seeing where the main lead.

I’m not a hocus pocus person but it was very obvious where the line was when I tried it that I have no doubt. I have no idea what the science is behind it.
There is no science behind it. That's why it's all bullshit, lol.

It is NOT the real deal !

Due to the increased price of ammo, don't expect a warning shot...
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Witching sticks?

The last time that bear ate a lawyer he had the runs for 33 days!
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by wabigoon
I've seen it work.

I've seen it work for water sources as well, the guy also took an old cross cut saw out of his truck held it by the end of the blade and counted the bounces it made and told my dad that the water would be at 18 feet.

The water was at 18 feet.

Paul

"I'd rather see a sermon than hear a sermon".... D.A.D.

Trump Won!, Sandmann Won!, Rittenhouse Won!, Suck it Liberal Fuuktards.

molɔ̀ːn labé skýla

W
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
W
I've never tried it, I'm told only some people can do it.

M
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
M
Get 4 brass welding rods. Bend one end on each about the width of your hand. Slip a piece of copper tubing over the handle of two of them so it can swivel. Walk over a buried water line, electric line, with the rods with the handles and the rods will cross. Walk over with the rods without handles, and the rods will line up with the water line. Try it. My father and grandfather were plumbers and used that to find waterlines, septic tanks, and buried wells. I've showed this to a lot of people and it's worked for them. I think the "feel" or "gift" or "witchcraft" comes with finding smaller objects, minerals, ect. and I've never tried that.

M
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
M
Get 4 brass welding rods. Bend one end on each about the width of your hand. Slip a piece of copper tubing over the handle of two of them so it can swivel. Walk over a buried water line, electric line, with the rods with the handles and the rods will cross. Walk over with the rods without handles, and the rods will line up with the water line. Try it. My father and grandfather were plumbers and used that to find waterlines, septic tanks, and buried wells. I've showed this to a lot of people and it's worked for them. I think the "feel" or "gift" or "witchcraft" comes with finding smaller objects, minerals, ect. and I've never tried that.

M
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
M
Sorry about the double post

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

202 members (10gaugemag, 300_savage, 308xray, 1minute, 260Remguy, 264mag, 30 invisible), 2,150 guests, and 1,225 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,116
Posts18,483,456
Members73,966
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.