Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4
P
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
P
Hope to bag a hog or two with this one...

Attached Images
IMG_1946 (400x300) (300x225).jpg (14.73 KB, 310 downloads)
GB1

G
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
G
Originally Posted by skeen
Originally Posted by ExpatFromOK
Originally Posted by gunner500
Originally Posted by ExpatFromOK
My .41 Magnum Blackhawk is going to get a chance this Fall.

Hope you bloody it well and often Expat.

Thank you, Sir. If I get one at 50 yards or less, we will make meat. I’m going to launch 210 XTPs at about 1400fps at the muzzle.

We need some pics of that .41 Blackhawk, Expat. wink

Man that'll work Expat, and yes we do Mr Skeen ; ]

Trump Won!
G
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
G
Damn Doc, nice hunting revolvers, great shooting too.

You to my friend Pacecars, you men have a wife, girlfriend, mama or granny that knows how to can venison, fill every tag you can this year and have those fine women put that meat up, '23 is going to suck!

Trump Won!
G
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
G
Originally Posted by Plumdog
Hope to bag a hog or two with this one...

You're fla hog ready with that setup Plumdog.

Trump Won!
P
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
P
I see lots of squirrels and rice, pig roasts and venison in the coming year

Guns don't kill people, it's mostly the bullets
IC B2

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
gunner500,

Thanks! I do have to apologize sir, I believe I may have left some drool on or near that Linebaugh! That’s a pure beauty! Nice brace of hoglegs, thanks for sharing the pics!

Livin ain’t killed me yet, but it’s workin on it!
J
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
J
My focus of late has been a couple of new to me single shot pistols - Contender and XP100 (don't qualify as sidearms, though). I do have a Ruger Bisley 480 and a FA 454, both with RMR's, I need to get ready for this fall.

Last edited by JGray; 07/04/22.
P
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
P
As soon as the grip frame gets back from Chig’s with the Desert Ironwood I will get this old girl ready too
[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by pacecars
As soon as the grip frame gets back from Chig’s with the Desert Ironwood I will get this old girl ready too

IIRC you were waiting on a bullet mold to optimize it's power to show up? Eager for a range report.

Please don't feed the trolls!
P
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
P
I have the mold, wads, some round balls and finally found some 3F 777 powder. After handling it I decided to keep the Super Blackhawk grip frame but it needs better looking grips. As soon as it gets back I am headed to the range. If it shoots as well as I expect it will it will go to the engraver next

IC B3

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I have the mold, wads, some round balls and finally found some 3F 777 powder. After handling it I decided to keep the Super Blackhawk grip frame but it needs better looking grips. As soon as it gets back I am headed to the range. If it shoots as well as I expect it will it will go to the engraver next

I'm a sucker for scratchin' on a revolver.

I have no doubt it will shoot well 'nuff, and can't wait to see 'er finished.

B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
My Ruger SRH .480 Ruger has seen the most use lately, and will go on the next hog hunt. FYI, here's a pic of a rest I made for my revolvers, which attaches to my Primos Trigger Stix Gen 3 tripod. I used a Primos 2-point rifle rest, and removed one of the supports. I then cut a piece of Lexan to fit over the two horizontal supports, fastened it in place, and topped it with some Velcro strips for cushioning. The result is a very stable, easy to use rest, adjustable for vertical and horizontal positioning, and allows for a two-hand hold. From a kneeling or sitting position, it makes for accurate longer range shots. If you are hunting in areas where some elevation is needed, and there are no trees or rocks available for a rest, this is a solution.

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

I'd rather be a free man in my grave, than living as a puppet or a slave....
D
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
D
Haven't hunted with a handgun much since bifocals became a part of my life.
Found a slick RMR mount from Alchins and put a Vortex Venom on the Buckmark for small game.
The FT BH .44 Special is going to require a little more doing as no one makes a mount for it. Hopefully it will be wearing one before too long and putting holes in vermin, yotes and whitetails.

Save our kids - shoot your local drug dealer.
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by Bighorn
My Ruger SRH .480 Ruger has seen the most use lately, and will go on the next hog hunt. FYI, here's a pic of a rest I made for my revolvers, which attaches to my Primos Trigger Stix Gen 3 tripod. I used a Primos 2-point rifle rest, and removed one of the supports. I then cut a piece of Lexan to fit over the two horizontal supports, fastened it in place, and topped it with some Velcro strips for cushioning. The result is a very stable, easy to use rest, adjustable for vertical and horizontal positioning, and allows for a two-hand hold. From a kneeling or sitting position, it makes for accurate longer range shots. If you are hunting in areas where some elevation is needed, and there are no trees or rocks available for a rest, this is a solution.

You need one of those antique 3 foot diameter Earth globes in that room.

Don't ask me about my military service or heroic acts...most of it is untrue.

Pronoun: Yes, SIR !
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by SheriffJoe
Originally Posted by Bighorn

You need one of those antique 3 foot diameter Earth globes in that room.

No kidding, and I just noticed the lion!

Nice set-up, Bighorn.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
My Freedom Arms squirrels to Elephant combo. Model 97 .22LR/.22Mag and Model 83 .454 Casull

Man, I do love the clean lines of a Freedom Arms Revolver. The actions are so smooth and precise - cream of the crop.

A true sportsman counts his achievements in proportion to the effort involved and fairness of the sport. - S. Pope
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
pacecars,

Beautiful! Really like the grips on the .454. Just curious if ya ever weighed that beast. I think my .500 is about 6.5 pounds. I used to carry it in a belt holster with an L.B.E. system I made, but I think it’s still why my left hip bothers me! Carry it in a uncle mikes shoulder rig for a contender these days.

B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
Here's my oldest big-bore hunting handgun, a Freedom Arms Premier grade .454, built to custom specs in the mid-'80's.
It has a 10" octagon barrel, with 4-port Mag-Na-Porting, trigger set at 2.5#, T'SOB mount with 3 rings, and topped with an UltraDot Gen 2 red dot sight.
I haven't used it for a few years, generally preferring to hunt with my Rugers. I had a shoulder holster made for it by Ringler Custom Leather, which makes for very comfortable carry. I no longer shoot full-power Casull loads through it, as I have found that medium-velocity rounds work just fine on deer and hogs.[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

I'd rather be a free man in my grave, than living as a puppet or a slave....
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Big hammer there Bighorn! Like it!

G
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
G
Damn Pacecars, i best get caught up, you guys got it going on, and Thanks Doc, that 500 is sure a sweetheart, big slow roll in the recoil dept.

Trump Won!
Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

594 members (007FJ, 160user, 12344mag, 01Foreman400, 10gaugemag, 10Glocks, 62 invisible), 2,354 guests, and 1,200 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,820
Posts18,477,815
Members73,944
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.