R
Raeford Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
R
Let me clarify: WHITE BREAD IS MY MAJOR WEAKNESS
Never liked any of the brown breads.

I was also drinking at least one 2 litre of Dole Strawberry Lemonade a week. Basically cutting it 60/40 water/lemonade just for flavoring.
This week I've cut that to 90/10 while finishing out the bottle I had.
Baby steps to a degree.
Hell, I'm even eating cukes and WITH SKIN ON! Wouldn't touch them previously.

Intend to leave the riding mower parked for a while and keep pushing.

FJB & FJT
GB1

M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
Just drop the cat piss IPA and go to Miller Lite.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by barm
I wish you the best in your fitness goals and health. Bread is not your enemy. It is too many calories and not enough exercise. When people try to get rid of one thing it never works. Limit your serving size. Most people eat past the point when they are actually full. Slow down when you eat and really start paying attention when you get the “full” feeling.

Carbohydrates are not the enemy; FAT IS THE ENEMY.

It's sad that so many are brainwashed to believe it. I have a really brainy buddy who is 300 pounds. Can't walk 50 yards without doubling over out of breath. Instead of eating a diet of foods that can be maintained for the rest of his life, he goes on the FAD, ANTI-CARB DIET once in a while.

He thinks that bread and carbs make you fat. His solution is to buy 12 McDonalds Cheese burgers at a time, throw away the bun and wrap the greasy, fat-laden meat and cheese with a low carb tortilla.

[bleep] HILARIOUS

Originally Posted by Bristoe
The people wringing their hands over Trump's rhetoric don't know what time it is in America.
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Im doing pretty well.

I dont eat till about 2-3pm.

Puke 3-4 times a week, Arbys shîtz 3-4 times week
Sometimes comin outta both ends. 👌🏼🫶🤛

Have lost 42 lbs since March👏🏻🤝🤟🏼

They even took me off blood pressure meds

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
And here just now:

I killed a whole family size bag of Mac’s salt n vinegar pork skins and 1/2 a gal of milo sweet tea

Feel like maybe gonna have to puke soon

IC B2

D
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
D
I have the best results keeping fat off with a combo of weight training and cycling and minimizing carb intake. I used to run which was by far the absolute best way for me to burn calories, but injuries make that painful anymore.

I've been using an indoor cycling app called Rouvy since April. Might be worth looking into if you don't have any objection to cycling. Having other riders online at the same time as me motivates me to work harder either to catch them or stay in front of them. I don't plan on giving up outdoor riding, but when the weather isn't cooperating it beats the hell out of staring at the wall and spinning my legs.

S
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
S
Originally Posted by bluefish
Well, what did you put him through?

First, I asked his height, and from there, determined his calorie intake should not exceed 2,000 calories/day. He never counted calories in his life. He used to order six cheeseburgers at McDonalds for lunch, plus fries and full octane soda.I gave him a calorie counting book, the kind that gives you the calories for almost all regular foods. He began counting calories, and this was an epiphany for him. He really didn’t realize before, how many calories he was eating each day. That was step No.1.

The next step was my suggestion of calorie percentages of protein, fats and carbs. I told him he needed all of them, but probably in different proportions than he was eating. I was a competitive natural bodybuilder for (5) years. Won a few contests. I was ripped at 1% bodyfat for a couple of my contests, 2% at others, and this by underwater weighing methods, not electrical impedance, or the caliper method, both which are not very accurate. The average American eats 50% fat, 12% protein, 38% carbs. My bodybuilding diet was 50% protein, 40% carbs and 10% fat. I suggested this to him, and he did it. He actually went beyond all of this, and added fasting 48 hrs. in a row, once a week. I did not suggest that, but he read about it on the internet and decided to try it. As you can imagine, he began losing 3-5 lbs. a week. When he got to 183 lbs. he stopped fasting totally.

One of my principals for him, and me, since we were not getting ready to stand on stage for a bodybuilding contest, was to eat one ‘cheat meal’ a week. It’s surprising what a human can sacrifice when he/she knows there is a feast at the end of the week. Our day was (is) Friday mornings. A cafe in a nearby town serves Cinnamon rolls the size of a frisbee (no joke or exaggeration), swimming in a pool of liquid sugar. We are there every Friday on this journey. After the cinnamon roll, we then have ‘breakfast’! Mine is two eggs over easy with a lot of hash browns. His is the same, with an additional chicken fried steak smothered in gravy. After this blowout, we go immediately back to our strict diets of 2,000 calories a day for him, and about 1,700 for me for the rest of the week until the next Friday. Any dietician would probably be horrified at this Friday behavior, but all I an tell you is, it kept us ‘centered’ with something to look forward to, and it took the edge off an entire week of
self denial. We were certainly not then, nor now, ready to stand on a BB stage, but we’ve both come a long ways from where we started, him in particular.

Our final step was exercise. He did not walk, run, lift weights, bike or anything, except TaeKwon-Do, which he is my student. He has been with me for 35 years, and is an 8th degree black belt. I invited him to lift in my basement gym (2) times a week, and ride bikes with my wife and I anytime he could, outside of his work schedule. What a difference all of that has made for him! I am so proud of him, and he is so happy.

In conclusion, some will say, ‘well it was the exercise’, and I will not disagree that the exercise is important. But, he and I both feel, that the diet accounts for 80% of our success. One cannot exercise enough to discount 2,000 EXTRA calories a day, above and beyond the baseline 2,000 calories he was eating. Or at least, not for us at our ages, and with his restriction of time he must spend at work and sleeping. YMMV.

H
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
H
I need to lose 10 lbs.
My job is physical.
I drink pop but try to keep it to under 40 oz a day
Chug water all the time.

Summer i cant eat much, so will lose the pounds.

What nade ne put on weight?
Age and injured back/ shoulder.

Get out and move is the best idea. And dont eat anything after 8pm

And dont go big on portions.

Last edited by hookeye; 06/17/22.
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by Raeford
Let me clarify: WHITE BREAD IS MY MAJOR WEAKNESS
Never liked any of the brown breads.

I was also drinking at least one 2 litre of Dole Strawberry Lemonade a week. Basically cutting it 60/40 water/lemonade just for flavoring.
This week I've cut that to 90/10 while finishing out the bottle I had.
Baby steps to a degree.
Hell, I'm even eating cukes and WITH SKIN ON! Wouldn't touch them previously.

Intend to leave the riding mower parked for a while and keep pushing.

Yep, whatever works for you. The only hard rule is a calorie deficit. Obviously, eating more of God's food and less processed factory crap is also beneficial. So is staying strong and flexible.

Haul ass, haul ass! - Pappy
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by rcamuglia
Carbohydrates are not the enemy; FAT IS THE ENEMY

I disagree. When it comes down to it, the only enemy is yourself.

Haul ass, haul ass! - Pappy
IC B3

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
6'4" [in my yute days] laugh

Hovering just over 6'3" these days

You’ve a beast!

Lol

🦫

Curiosity Killed the Cat & The Prairie Dog
“Molon Labe”
R
Raeford Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
R
Originally Posted by MagMarc
Just drop the cat piss IPA and go to Miller Lite.

If nothing else look at who the thread drug outta the shadows. grin

In a week I've moved back one belt notch[comfortably].
At some point I'll get on some scales. Early May at Dr.'s appoint I was #245

Basically via more motion and paying attention to what and how much I'm putting in my body.
No more eating/snacking just to be eating/snacking[boredom?]

FJB & FJT
Campfire Oracle
Online Happy
Campfire Oracle
Originally Posted by Jim_Conrad
Depends on the calorie content of the curls.
Light IPA
Brought to you by the makers of the football bat.

If you take the time it takes, it takes less time.
--Pat Parelli

American by birth; Alaskan by choice.
--ironbender
R
Raeford Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
R
Originally Posted by ironbender
Light IPA

https://foundersbrewing.com/our-beer/all-day-ipa/

If one starts early.........

FJB & FJT
Campfire Oracle
Online Happy
Campfire Oracle
Originally Posted by ironbender
Light IPA
https://foundersbrewing.com/our-beer/all-day-ipa/

If one starts early.........
Ive had that before. Pretty good.

Id call it a “lightER” IPA, as opposed to a light IPA.

Good on ya with the fitness plan.

If you take the time it takes, it takes less time.
--Pat Parelli

American by birth; Alaskan by choice.
--ironbender
B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
Originally Posted by surefire7
Originally Posted by bluefish
Well, what did you put him through?

First, I asked his height, and from there, determined his calorie intake should not exceed 2,000 calories/day. He never counted calories in his life. He used to order six cheeseburgers at McDonalds for lunch, plus fries and full octane soda.I gave him a calorie counting book, the kind that gives you the calories for almost all regular foods. He began counting calories, and this was an epiphany for him. He really didn’t realize before, how many calories he was eating each day. That was step No.1.

The next step was my suggestion of calorie percentages of protein, fats and carbs. I told him he needed all of them, but probably in different proportions than he was eating. I was a competitive natural bodybuilder for (5) years. Won a few contests. I was ripped at 1% bodyfat for a couple of my contests, 2% at others, and this by underwater weighing methods, not electrical impedance, or the caliper method, both which are not very accurate. The average American eats 50% fat, 12% protein, 38% carbs. My bodybuilding diet was 50% protein, 40% carbs and 10% fat. I suggested this to him, and he did it. He actually went beyond all of this, and added fasting 48 hrs. in a row, once a week. I did not suggest that, but he read about it on the internet and decided to try it. As you can imagine, he began losing 3-5 lbs. a week. When he got to 183 lbs. he stopped fasting totally.

One of my principals for him, and me, since we were not getting ready to stand on stage for a bodybuilding contest, was to eat one ‘cheat meal’ a week. It’s surprising what a human can sacrifice when he/she knows there is a feast at the end of the week. Our day was (is) Friday mornings. A cafe in a nearby town serves Cinnamon rolls the size of a frisbee (no joke or exaggeration), swimming in a pool of liquid sugar. We are there every Friday on this journey. After the cinnamon roll, we then have ‘breakfast’! Mine is two eggs over easy with a lot of hash browns. His is the same, with an additional chicken fried steak smothered in gravy. After this blowout, we go immediately back to our strict diets of 2,000 calories a day for him, and about 1,700 for me for the rest of the week until the next Friday. Any dietician would probably be horrified at this Friday behavior, but all I an tell you is, it kept us ‘centered’ with something to look forward to, and it took the edge off an entire week of
self denial. We were certainly not then, nor now, ready to stand on a BB stage, but we’ve both come a long ways from where we started, him in particular.

Our final step was exercise. He did not walk, run, lift weights, bike or anything, except TaeKwon-Do, which he is my student. He has been with me for 35 years, and is an 8th degree black belt. I invited him to lift in my basement gym (2) times a week, and ride bikes with my wife and I anytime he could, outside of his work schedule. What a difference all of that has made for him! I am so proud of him, and he is so happy.

In conclusion, some will say, ‘well it was the exercise’, and I will not disagree that the exercise is important. But, he and I both feel, that the diet accounts for 80% of our success. One cannot exercise enough to discount 2,000 EXTRA calories a day, above and beyond the baseline 2,000 calories he was eating. Or at least, not for us at our ages, and with his restriction of time he must spend at work and sleeping. YMMV.

PM sent

The way life should be.
L
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
L
Might look into 647 bread. Better alternative, may help ween off ?

Roy

What this world needs is a few more Rednecks.

The Dildō Of Consequence Rarely Arrives Lubed

Waterboarding isn't illegal if you use diesel

R
Raeford Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
R
I'll check it out, thanks.

FJB & FJT
E
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
E
Four weeks ago, I started a very low carb (10-12g) 1400 calorie diet in tandem with 18-20 hr fasting daily. First two weeks I lost 11 lbs. The second two weeks, I've only lost 1.5 lbs more following the same routine. I'm pretty frustrated at this point.

My heart's in the mountains, my heart is not here.
My heart's in the mountains, chasing the deer.
R
Raeford Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
R
Hopefully you figure it out Eagle!

Thinking for me it's constant overindulgence and the onset of becoming more sedentary, especially with age.

FJB & FJT
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

362 members (29aholic, 260Remguy, 1_deuce, 17CalFan, 280ACKIMP, 42 invisible), 2,529 guests, and 1,252 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,754
Posts18,476,328
Members73,942
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.