-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
From the front page of Yellowstone's NPS website - they make it easy for tourons to avoid death:

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

"To compel a man to furnish funds for the propagation of ideas he disbelieves and abhors is sinful and tyrannical." -- Thomas Jefferson

We are all Rhodesians now.

S
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
S
Democrat!

Even birds know not to land downwind!
jnyork Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Well, she aint ded.

An Ohio woman who was gored Monday by a bison at Yellowstone National Park has not died, despite media reports indicating she had.

The Idaho Falls hospital where the woman was taken for treatment did not have a patient death tied to a bison goring, a hospital spokeswoman told the Star-Tribune on Wednesday. That contradicts an NBC News report that was picked up by several Wyoming media outlets.

"To confirm, though, our hospital has has no recent patient death as a result of the injuries being described by the NBC report," the spokeswoman wrote in a text message to the Star-Tribune.

Yellowstone National Park reported the woman's goring on Tuesday afternoon. That announcement from the park said only that she was injured. There was no mention of her death.

However, on Tuesday evening NBC News reported the woman had died. On Wednesday, NBC News corrected its story, saying its past reporting misstated the severity of the woman's injuries. By then, the story had been picked up by major and local media outlets.

[Linked Image]
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by jnyork
Well, she aint ded.

An Ohio woman who was gored Monday by a bison at Yellowstone National Park has not died, despite media reports indicating she had.

The Idaho Falls hospital where the woman was taken for treatment did not have a patient death tied to a bison goring, a hospital spokeswoman told the Star-Tribune on Wednesday. That contradicts an NBC News report that was picked up by several Wyoming media outlets.

"To confirm, though, our hospital has has no recent patient death as a result of the injuries being described by the NBC report," the spokeswoman wrote in a text message to the Star-Tribune.

Yellowstone National Park reported the woman's goring on Tuesday afternoon. That announcement from the park said only that she was injured. There was no mention of her death.

However, on Tuesday evening NBC News reported the woman had died. On Wednesday, NBC News corrected its story, saying its past reporting misstated the severity of the woman's injuries. By then, the story had been picked up by major and local media outlets.

Ok, she has to return the prematurely awarded Darwin Award trophy....

"To compel a man to furnish funds for the propagation of ideas he disbelieves and abhors is sinful and tyrannical." -- Thomas Jefferson

F
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
F
Wonder if she was a zipperhead ?

Don't gobble at me
IC B2

T
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
T
The media getting a story wrong is one of the few things more certain than a tourist doing an idiot stunt.

Anyone who thinks there's two sides to everything hasn't met a M�bius strip.

Here be dragons ...
S
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
S
Originally Posted by Fullfan
Wonder if she was a zipperhead ?

Interesting question. I visited Yellowstone two years ago and spent 3 days there. Ninety percent of the visitors were either Asians, or Indians, not Comanches, but like Bangladesh Indians. I saw thousands of park visitors, and 9.9 percent, white Americans. Maybe a few Brits and Canadians. Saw 3 American negros.

This was interesting to me because I visited the park on two occasions in the seventies, and the visitors were 95 percent white Americans. A few foreigners, and 3 black Americans.

T
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
T
Surely someone got it on video

CRS Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Spent the day in the Park today. Going back in Friday.

Read about the attack. I do not get it.

Still need a tourist getting stupid in Custer State Park yet this summer. Then will have a buffalo double for the summer.

Arcus Venator
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I've almost run into them on the trails and highways around Yellowstone. It happens. Round a corner and you wind up face to face. Wasn't intentional and I always yielded the right of way. Sometimes it's luck determining what happens. Other critters too.

God Bless America
IC B3

K
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
K
Biden should ban buffalo attacks on tourist .

Proud to be an American
United States Marine

H
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
H
Originally Posted by killahog
Biden should ban buffalo attacks on tourist .

You're damn right! If it saves just 1 child........

I can walk on water.......................but I do stagger a bit on alcohol.
Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
Banning tourist attacks on buffalo hasn't worked.

“In a time of deceit telling the truth is a revolutionary act.”
― George Orwell

It's not over when you lose. It's over when you quit.
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Video please!

It takes a village to raise an idiot.
CRS Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by UncleAlps
I've almost run into them on the trails and highways around Yellowstone. It happens. Round a corner and you wind up face to face. Wasn't intentional and I always yielded the right of way. Sometimes it's luck determining what happens. Other critters too.

Totally different scenario. This tourist did not accidently get too close.

I have accidently gotten too close to buffalo in Custer State Park when hiking in or out in the dark. Common sense goes a very long ways.

These are wild animals, not fuzzy wuzzies city folk are led to believe.

Arcus Venator
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

O
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
O
Buffalo encounter

These buffalo attacks are getting to be to common. Its time to take action and ban ruthless buffalos. Good God man, how can we stand by and tolerate these senseless buffalo attacks

Last edited by oldhunter49; 06/03/22.
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by CRS
Originally Posted by UncleAlps

Totally different scenario. This tourist did not accidently get too close.

I have accidently gotten too close to buffalo in Custer State Park when hiking in or out in the dark. Common sense goes a very long ways.

These are wild animals, not fuzzy wuzzies city folk are led to believe.

It's possible she did something stupid but there isn't much detail available. The news stories don't really say what happened. This sounds like a geyser/ hot spring area where visitors are confined to boardwalks. I can't imagine the Bison was strolling down the boardwalk but nobody has any details. May just need to cut her some slack in the meantime. Could happen to anyone.

God Bless America
CRS Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Cody newspaper reports today that she approached the bison on the walkway.

Last edited by CRS; 06/04/22.

Arcus Venator
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Well, that was stupid!

Hope she lives and learns from the experience.

God Bless America
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

701 members (007FJ, 10ring1, 10gaugemag, 1beaver_shooter, 160user, 75 invisible), 3,028 guests, and 1,320 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,106
Posts18,483,278
Members73,966
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.