Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
B
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
B
From the sounds of it, Mcmillan's may be worth more money now. Since they are not inletting the ones we like anymore... That sucks. I've been wanting to try one of those winlite stocks. They look like they have good ergo's.

Originally Posted by raybass
I try to stick with the basics, they do so well. Nothing fancy mind you, just plain jane will get it done with style.
Originally Posted by Pharmseller
You want to see an animal drop right now? Shoot him in the ear hole.

BSA MAGA
GB1

B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
Originally Posted by Oldelkhunter
I asked him about an inletting job on an AG composite for my 6 lug mk V and it was over 1k

Whoa, yeah, I don’t think I paid all of that. It’s been 6 months since my last one though.

Semper Fi
O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
Originally Posted by beretzs
I asked him about an inletting job on an AG composite for my 6 lug mk V and it was over 1k

Whoa, yeah, I don’t think I paid all of that. It’s been 6 months since my last one though.

Yeah , it was a bit pricey but includes the stock.

B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B

Then 1000 bucks seems about right. Stock has to be 500 bucks at least right OEH? He is pricey for bedding, inletting and paint, but it is quality work. I stomach it when I have to.

Semper Fi
O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O

Then 1000 bucks seems about right. Stock has to be 500 bucks at least right OEH? He is pricey for bedding, inletting and paint, but it is quality work. I stomach it when I have to.

It was more then 1k , when he got to 1k I said Whoa lets talk about something else.

IC B2

B
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
B

I've been playing around with a couple stocks today. Repainted my 30-06 fwt Mcmillan stock I got last month. It was too glossy for my tastes. It looks much better now. Going to add a red pachmayr decelerator to the Brown PoundR later and then repaint that stock as well. Going to go with my go to brown paint and texture, but trying a new clear. Called "dead flat" clear. Seems to be working great on the fwt Mcmillan stock. I had to heat the pad quite a bit on the PoundR and then cut the bastid off. Along with fixing some other flaws, I decided I'm just going to paint the damn thing brown and be done with it. It won't match my 338wm exactly, but it will be close. Almost a twin, except the 300WBY has factory irons. I'm also contemplating installing a red pachmayr on my most recent XTR sporter 300wby, as that original pad is rock solid. If I do that, I'll keep the original pad and re install it if I decide to sell the rifle... Keeping it all original, except for the bedding job I did to it...
[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

That only increases resell value as far as I'm concerned.. ^^^^

I try to stick with the basics, they do so well. Nothing fancy mind you, just plain jane will get it done with style.

BSA MAGA
B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B

It was more then 1k , when he got to 1k I said Whoa lets talk about something else.

I don’t blame you there! He’s gotten quite expensive

Maybe Alex Sittman would be another option?

Semper Fi
O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O

Not sure if he inlets stocks but I can call him and ask.

B
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
B

How about Gene Similion?

BSA MAGA
B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
Originally Posted by bsa1917hunter

How about Gene Similion?

I’d bet Gene isn’t going to be less money than Weaver if I had to guess. But yea, he’d be able to do it I believe.

Semper Fi
IC B3

B
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
B
I know he does great work. He installed a Mcmillan on EricM's pre 64 338wm I sold to him. There's options out there, but if they have to inlet them now, that creates issues. Damn Mcmillan.. By them doing that, it will undoubtedly raise costs on other manufactures stocks as well. Like Brown Precision for example. It will increase the value of a used Mcmillan as well. I wonder how much Echols charges to fit a legend these days??

BSA MAGA
A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
I know he does great work. He installed a Mcmillan on EricM's pre 64 338wm I sold to him. There's options out there, but if they have to inlet them now, that creates issues. Damn Mcmillan.. By them doing that, it will undoubtedly raise costs on other manufactures stocks as well. Like Brown Precision for example. It will increase the value of a used Mcmillan as well. I wonder how much Echols charges to fit a legend these days??
Darcy is so busy with his new action project it would be an eternity. Several of us have had stocks on order from him for over 2 years now.

B
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
B
Originally Posted by AKwolverine
Darcy is so busy with his new action project it would be an eternity. Several of us have had stocks on order from him for over 2 years now.

Oh man, that sucks!!

BSA MAGA
B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B

ALOT grin

Semper Fi
O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O

How about Gene Similion?

I’d bet Gene isn’t going to be less money than Weaver if I had to guess. But yea, he’d be able to do it I believe.

Bottom line is Mcmillan and the things that made them great(stocks for many actions and barrel profiles) is doing away with that and only focusing on what they can make money on(popular actions). I don't blame them in todays climate .

C
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
C
FWIW, I just ordered a Legend from D’Arcy last week. We had a nice conversation and he told me I should let him know exactly what I wanted within about two weeks because he was about to send in an order to McMillan. Said he had enough orders, but has been waiting on McMillan to get squared away after their move and new management to work with, new jargon, etc. We shall see how long things take, but it might not be too far off you guys?!

A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
Wow. That’s great to hear.
Will have to give him a call next week. I might have to modify my order. 😬

B
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
B

Tell him you want a Legend with the cheek piece on the right hand side for a left handed shooter... whistle grin

BSA MAGA
A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A

Tell him you want a Legend with the cheek piece on the right hand side for a left handed shooter... whistle grin

Yes, that individual does need to try one. I’ll see what I can do.

Page 3 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

116 members (300_savage, 41rem, 808outdoors, 10gaugemag, 15 invisible), 1,870 guests, and 987 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,387
Posts18,469,711
Members73,931
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.