-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Miss Kay eats squirrel brains and anybody who would willing eat squirrel brains in a non-survival sitation can't be all bad.

GO NUTS! The 29th annual Testicle Festival at Round The Bend in Ashland, NE, is tomorrow!

GB1

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by Cheesy
Had an 85 year old neighbor lady, big farmers, her granddaughter was married to a guy they were friends with and they all hunted together up here in Missouri. She was telling my wife one day how one of the Robertson’s had stopped in and were just the nicest most polite people ever.

I met and was familiar with them before they got famous.

Yes, they are good folks.

I sure don't hold a grudge against them for making money doing what they have done for decades.

Pretty sure everyone here would do the same.

Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla!
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Yep, they are good folks. Locals from my area. Lots of good people like them around when you get away from the concrete and asphalt.

Now with even more aplomb
T
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
T
Originally Posted by 280Rem1
Phil Robertson, the founder of their duck call business started with nothing out of his garage and built an empire. All of them are multi-millionaires but don't flaunt it. Phil still lives in his old house in the "boonies".
Very humble and good people.
Three of them are ordained pastors, including Phil and Jase. Phil is highly educated, taught college, and has written several books. Phil also played college football (quarterback) and was in direct competition with Terry Bradshaw for the NFL, but stepped down to pursue his Christian lifestyle, giving Bradshaw a "shoe-in".
They agreed to do the show to help share with the world about family and Christian values, not to chase the dollar. Great folks.
Listen to their podcast "Unashamed" some time. You will see, although not worldly (by choice), they are very intelligent and educated, especially on biblical history.
I can't think of a better group of people I would rather spend time with.
Yes they have a Southern accent, but accents are greatly misjudged. An accent does nothing to indicate intelligence, success, or the character of a person.
I’m just curious how they will carry over into the treasure hunters gig. They must metal detect as a hobbie or something. It could take off or it could crash I don’t know.
From the preview it looks like Phil and the son that was the ceo of the call operation that wore the flag bandana(Can’t Remember his name) will not be regulars on the show. I don’t know, that was just impression I got.

W
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
W
Originally Posted by JPro
Yep, they are good folks. Locals from my area. Lots of good people like them around when you get away from the concrete and asphalt.

Yep. I figured they were really good folks. Good ol salt of the earth Americans. Wish we had more like em.

IC B2

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I gave their show a chance. I don't watch much TV at all. The first time I watched the show they were frog gigging on a golf course pond and got chased by the cops. That reminded me of my youth...and at times beyond. The show was a bit too contrived for my liking, but I'd be thrilled to have them as friends or family. Good on them for making their fortunes.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by Paul_M
Originally Posted by ol_mike
Duck dynasty was a contributor for my decision to drop cable and never watch tv ever again as long as I live.

I wouldn't watch it if they paid me, there's never been a bigger dumb-down device than cable tv
I would disagree with that.
I think cell phones with internet & facebook, instagram, tiktoc and such, have done far worse damage.

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

"Whose bright idea was it to put every idiot in the world in touch with every other idiot? It's working!" -- P. J. O'Rourke
S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
Totally disliked their show………wife liked it. Started seeing bits and pieces and now a fan. They made a fortune with hard work and family values. They aren’t afraid to spend their own money to help others.
Still have their old fashioned ways.
Very enjoyable show and family. I wish them all the best

My biggest fear is when I die my wife will sell my guns for what I told her they cost.
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by BFaucett
Originally Posted by Paul_M
Originally Posted by ol_mike
Duck dynasty was a contributor for my decision to drop cable and never watch tv ever again as long as I live.

I wouldn't watch it if they paid me, there's never been a bigger dumb-down device than cable tv
I would disagree with that.
I think cell phones with internet & facebook, instagram, tiktoc and such, have done far worse damage.

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

And in the 40's and 50's -everyone's face would have been in a newspaper, magazine or stacked up around the radio. This isn't really new just more widespread.

Me

H
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
H
Originally Posted by Teal
Jase always struck me as the one person on the show I could see being friends with. We have similar sense of humor for sure. I wouldn't 'dislike" anyone else but I can just see me and Jase being good friends.

Loved their DVD's back in the day when it was Duckmen etc.

Agree with you about Jase. He is the spitting image of his Dad (both looks and mannerisms/speech), and I get a kick out of his deadpan delivery.

Uncle Si always cracked me up too as he was a natural joker when the camera came on.

He went over yonder way
IC B3

H
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
H
Be better off if we had more Robertsons and less Kardashians

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Watched it a few times when it first started but it got boring because it was pretty much the same chit every show, and hardly any hunting.

God bless Texas-----------------------
Old 300
I will remain what i am until the day I die- A HUNTER......Sitting Bull
Its not how you pick the booger..
but where you put it !!
Roger V Hunter
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by Heeler
Originally Posted by Teal
Jase always struck me as the one person on the show I could see being friends with. We have similar sense of humor for sure. I wouldn't 'dislike" anyone else but I can just see me and Jase being good friends.

Loved their DVD's back in the day when it was Duckmen etc.

Agree with you about Jase. He is the spitting image of his Dad (both looks and mannerisms/speech), and I get a kick out of his deadpan delivery.

Uncle Si always cracked me up too as he was a natural joker when the camera came on.

It's readily evident that Jase is incredibly intelligent - deadpan and sarcasm are first signs but still. I thought but don't know for sure but he's the only one of the kids without a college degree (not that those are worth as much as they were when dad was at school)

Me

R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R
Originally Posted by tndrbstr
I see where the lower hanging fruit on the patriarchal family tree are starting a show called treasure hunters. Looks like another oak island production with beards.
Are they trying to jump the shark?
I can't say I blame them...I'd ride that train as long as I could.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
If you don’t like them, don’t watch.

The differences in their current shows, podcast, movie ventures is they are backing themselves and “Jesus” won’t be edited out like the Duck Dynasty series by A&E.

I say listen to a couple of episodes of their Unashamed show, watch a WFR sermon, and give the new show a chance before you are down on them. God works in mysterious ways and they are bow enabled to do their thang.

Last edited by JohnnyLoco; 06/17/22.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by stxhunter
Watched it a few times when it first started but it got boring because it was pretty much the same chit every show, and hardly any hunting.

It wasn't a hunting show. It was a heavily scripted "reality show" about a hunting family. I agree it eventually was pretty much the same script over and over with minor variations. It was better than a whole bunch of the other bullchit on TV in my opinion. I also appreciated that Phil was a conservative and didn't back down from his values and morals when he was confronted by Hollywood and the media.

Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats.
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by hanco
I never could get into that show

Youre gonna eventually get to where you know all of the dialog on those Knightrider and AirWolf reruns and the suspense will be dead.

😜

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
My mother in law has that same Uncle Si green Tupperware drinking cup amongst her menagerie and hoarding.

I’m gonna trade her a sack of yellow crookneck squash for that thing.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
It took a bit for me to start watching but once I did, I was totally surprised by this family. Refreshing entertainment.

All American

All the time
MAC Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by hookeye
Be better off if we had more Robertsons and less Kardashians

Hard to argue with that.

You get out of life what you are willing to accept. If you ain't happy, do something about it!
Page 2 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

131 members (7887mm08, 44mc, 10Glocks, 35, 300_savage, 14idaho, 12 invisible), 1,048 guests, and 960 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,845
Posts18,517,416
Members74,020
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.