Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
O
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
O
I know Cabelas has gone down the toilet but this is ridiculous. I bought a Model 70 from them last Monday , I have not received a shipping notification like they promised and it is still listed on their website. I called them yesterday and they said it was on the To ship rack and should go out in the next few days. They just don't give a chitt about taking care of customers.

They contacted my FFL last Monday and exchanged information BTW

HR IC

G
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
G
They are probably short handed like everyone else.

Gun Shows are almost as comical as boat ramps in the Spring.
T
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
T
I agree with them going down the toilet since they were bought by Bass Pro but I still find gems there occationally. I've only ever had them ship to a local Cabelas, and most of the time it goes off without a problem, but they've "lost" a couple for several days that finally turned up sitting in their recieving area.

Charter Member
Ancient order of the 1895 Winchester

"It's an insecure and petite man who demands all others like what he likes and dislike what he dislikes."
szihn

O
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
O
Originally Posted by tmitch
I agree with them going down the toilet since they were bought by Bass Pro but I still find gems there occationally. I've only ever had them ship to a local Cabelas, and most of the time it goes off without a problem, but they've "lost" a couple for several days that finally turned up sitting in their recieving area.

I have used them in the past and the rifle went directly to my FFL. I have not used them in a while.

Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
I stopped in their home store in Sidney Nebraska last month just to see their much heralded "Gun Library" There was one Rem Mountain rifle on consignment for a ridiculous price and the rest of the racks had sporadic modern ( new) pumping auto shotguns from their inventory.That was it.

"...the left considers you vermin, and they'll kill you given the chance..." Bristoe
IC B2

O
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
O
Before and After difference in the store is very obvious since Morris gutted them.

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
I bought my first shotgun at the Sydney Cabelas in the mid-80's. I bought a lot of stuff from Cabelas since, then, too. I always stopped at Cabelas whenever I happened to be close to one. Cabelas was the first place I looked whenever I needed something. They always had lots of good stuff at very fair prices, and the Cabelas house-brand was always a great value.

Now I drive by two stores in my area all the time and don't even think about stopping in. In fact, Cabelas would pretty much be the last place I ever stopped if I needed hunting/fishing/camping gear.

I've switched over to Sportsman's Warehouse and Scheels for my brick and mortar outlets.

Its the end of an era.

O
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
O
It sure is.

They have been selling stuff cheap lately Sako S20's, Fierce Fury's and some Christensen arms . I thought the gun I bought Monday was a pretty good deal or I would not have bothered with them.

L
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
L
The last time I was in the so-called fine gun room at their store in Delaware most of the inventory was comprised of Mossberg's and AR's. What a joke.

E
EdM Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
E
They have made it clear that they are no longer supporting fine guns. There are plenty of other places to shop for them.

Conduct is the best proof of character.
IC B3

O
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
O
Originally Posted by EdM
They have made it clear that they are no longer supporting fine guns. There are plenty of other places to shop for them.

Like GunsInternational where this listing was found.

F
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
F
The gun library near me is really short staffed. They close the gun library early at 6 pm and sometimes earlier if someone calls in. They are starting to get some nice used stuff again. I’m sure once the economy takes a major crap they will have lots of stuff traded in.

Campfire Savant
Online Content
Campfire Savant
I’ve bought a few from them, no problems at all, but it’s been a while.

A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
The last gun I bought from Cabelas was twenty years ago. No issues. But now with bass pro owning them I’m not surprised.

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Oldelkhunter
Originally Posted by EdM

Cabela's does have some nice stuff listed on GI, with competitive pricing. Their descriptions are often woefully inadequate though and their pictures usually suck. laugh

O
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
O
Originally Posted by skeen
Originally Posted by Oldelkhunter
Originally Posted by EdM

Cabela's does have some nice stuff listed on GI, with competitive pricing. Their descriptions are often woefully inadequate though and their pictures usually suck. laugh

I have never been burnt by one of their guns unlike other Online dealers.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
It’s almost like Cabelas and Biden are in a race to see who can get the ship sunk first! Bought my first Teeker at Hamburg, PA. store in 2016, and used to make trips to it several times a year. Haven’t been there since February, and that was a disappointment. No plans to go back, unless it gets better.

Livin ain’t killed me yet, but it’s workin on it!
I
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I
Originally Posted by shinbone
I bought my first shotgun at the Sydney Cabelas in the mid-80's. I bought a lot of stuff from Cabelas since, then, too. I always stopped at Cabelas whenever I happened to be close to one. Cabelas was the first place I looked whenever I needed something. They always had lots of good stuff at very fair prices, and the Cabelas house-brand was always a great value.

Now I drive by two stores in my area all the time and don't even think about stopping in. In fact, Cabelas would pretty much be the last place I ever stopped if I needed hunting/fishing/camping gear.

I've switched over to Sportsman's Warehouse and Scheels for my brick and mortar outlets.

Its the end of an era.

This exactly.

If you're not burning through batteries in your headlamp,...you're doing it wrong.
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
On the way to our elk hunts in Colorado we would always stop in Sidney, and once or twice in Kearney. Next hunt…who knows it’ll be worth stopping or not.

Last edited by Doc_Holidude; 06/18/22.

Livin ain’t killed me yet, but it’s workin on it!
S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
I stopped in the Cabelas in Buffalo, NY a couple of weeks ago. There was just regular used guns in the Library. Of course there was a couple of pre 64 M70's but nothing great.

PA Bear Hunter, NRA Benefactor Member
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

466 members (1beaver_shooter, 1minute, 17CalFan, 222Sako, 160user, 1badf350, 45 invisible), 2,127 guests, and 1,111 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,247
Posts18,504,646
Members73,994
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.