Hop To
Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4
M
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
M
That is SUPER COOL!!

THE CHAIR IS AGAINST THE WALL.

The Tikka T3 in .308 Winchester is the Glock 19 of the rifle world.

The website is up and running!

www.lostriverammocompany.com

GB1

J
Campfire Kahuna
Online Happy
Campfire Kahuna
J
You no have kids KG?

I am MAGA.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

"Maybe we're all happy."

"Go to the sporting goods store. From the files, obtain form 4473. These will contain descriptions of weapons and lists of private ownership."
K
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
K
Very cool, Fats. A few more minor league little treasures (to me, anyway).

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

K
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
K

IC B2

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Amazeballs!

The desert is a true treasure for him who seeks refuge from men and the evil of men.
In it is contentment
In it is death and all you seek
(Quoted from "The Bleeding of the Stone" Ibrahim Al-Koni)

member of the cabal of dysfunctional squirrels?
K
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
K

Last edited by kamo_gari; 06/21/22.
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Valsdad
Amazeballs!

Geno;
Right!?!

Thanks for sharing Leighton. cool cool cool

Dwayne

The most important stuff in life isn't "stuff"

K
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
K
Originally Posted by Jim_Conrad
You no have kids KG?

Sadly, no. We tried over the course of 9 years. We lost 3. One almost killed my wife. Tried IVF, surrogacy, the whole nine. The most heartbreaking thing I will ever have to endure is not having children. And hereby dies my happy thread attempt...

Thanks, Jimbo.

JK.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Some of the most worthwhile people I know were unable to conceive. Some of the most worthless chitbags have lots of bastard puppies.

"Maybe we're all happy."

"Go to the sporting goods store. From the files, obtain form 4473. These will contain descriptions of weapons and lists of private ownership."
IC B3

J
Campfire Kahuna
Online Happy
Campfire Kahuna
J
Originally Posted by kamo_gari
You no have kids KG?

Sadly, no. We tried over the course of 9 years. We lost 3. One almost killed my wife. Tried IVF, surrogacy, the whole nine. The most heartbreaking thing I will ever have to endure is not having children. And hereby dies my happy thread attempt...

Thanks, Jimbo.

JK.

Yes...I see. Sorry about that.

Was just wondering how you kept your treasures so nice and intact...not scattered all over hell like my dad's treasures.

I am MAGA.
79S Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by kamo_gari
You no have kids KG?

Thanks, Jimbo.

JK.

Yes...I see. Sorry about that.

Was just wondering how you kept your treasures so nice and intact...not scattered all over hell like my dad's treasures.

Good going bro..

Originally Posted by Bricktop
Then STFU. The rest of your statement is superflous bullshit with no real bearing on this discussion other than to massage your own ego.

Suckin' on my titties like you wanted me.
K
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
K
Originally Posted by FatCity67
Some of the most worthwhile people I know were unable to conceive. Some of the most worthless chitbags have lots of bastard puppies.

Fact. Two of the guys I grew up with managed to sire 13 offspring between them, at last count. That was years ago. I'm sure there are more now. 10 different mothers. Want to guess how many of those ghetto spawn kids they supported? Yeah.

Beeg Jeem, no sweat. I figured you didn't mean anything by it.

I don't know why some of the pics aren't showing but a couple of them are 'WWI Journals in Pictures'. Most from 1914-1915. Guys with feathers in their helmets and crazy get-ups in general. The 'Quattro' is a ship's papers of the whaling bark Palmetto out of New Bedford, MA from 1875. It's called a quattro because it's written in 4 languages (English, Dutch, Spanish and Portuguese). It is signed by Ulysses S. Grant, who was POTUS at that time. The description on it is of a ~ 2.5 YEAR voyage to the Azores and other places where they hunted whales.

I have pictures I found in an archive of that very vessel. Living history stuff. That other handwritten document from 1780 is an inspection report of a command under Colonel Peter Gansevoort of the NY 2nd of the Continental Army. It has notations on how many horses, muskets, powder, POWs (1 at the time wink ) and whatnot.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Peter_Gansevoort

In the notes at the bottom, the inspector describes the clothing of the men being somewhat shabby, but better than their counterparts. Also notes that the men were in good spirits and would take to song at quiet times in camp. The word he used to describe said music? 'Tolerable'. Funny stuff.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Very Cool stuff!
Thanks for sharing!

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

"Maybe we're all happy."

Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
kamo;
Afternoon again my friend.

Are most of these treasures stuff you've found over the years by looking in the right places?

The documents from the 1780's is crazy cool to me.

Thanks again for sharing.

Dwayne

Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter

FatCity67:
Holy smokes that's cool!

Thanks for sharing.

Dwayne

K
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
K

Hey now, here's Pancho! That is way cool, dude. Mas, por favor, si tu tienes el tiempo.

That goes for anyone else who cares to share. I dearly love old stuff and the history of objects. I know there are plenty of folks here with lots of crazy stuff of their own. Let's see 'em!

K
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
K
Originally Posted by BC30cal
kamo;
Afternoon again my friend.

Are most of these treasures stuff you've found over the years by looking in the right places?

The documents from the 1780's is crazy cool to me.

Thanks again for sharing.

Dwayne

My friend Dwayne, I can't take much credit, as much of it was simply stuff I inherited from family during the clean out of my late aunt's estate in upstate NY more than a decade ago. I just recognized that there was history being trashed. I took lots of stuff that I literally pulled out of dumpsters. I couldn't believe they'd just pitched the things they did. My old man and brother considered it garbage. I'm glad I was on scene to take it home and save it. Go figure.

As far as those old documents, when I found them I thought they might be reproductions, so went to a couple of appraisers on a free eval basis. Actually, one of the guys in Boston was the long time staff expert who did many evals over the years for PBS' Antiques Roadshow. He said that they were all real but couldn't offer a value, as he was really a rare/antique book guy. He did refer me to another guy who I brought the 1780 inspection report. This fellow took it in his hands and about 30 seconds later he offered me $4500 for it on the spot. This a guy from Skinner, which is a Boston version of Christie's auction house of NY. I told him thanks, but I liked it fine on my wall, but appreciated learning it was genuine and rare. He was surprised I liked it so much, I think.

I'll likely donate it and a lot of other of these things to historical societies or something someday. My wife has some truly remarkable old stuff she inherited from family Japan as well, but she keeps that stuff hidden from me, I think. It's not down in the basement with my stuff/crap. That I do know.

Anyway, sorry for running on. I hope you and yours are doing great, sir. You always bring class and smiles to the table.

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Cool stuff. Looks like 1950s.

Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

558 members (12344mag, 1badf350, 204guy, 10gaugeman, 1beaver_shooter, 222Sako, 68 invisible), 2,624 guests, and 1,284 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,588
Posts18,473,420
Members73,941
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.