Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
I have to agree that the Obergefell decision had very little basis in the constitution. I believe Justice Kennedy cited a right to dignity, which is clearly not in the constitution, as one of the main reasons for his opinion.

If the states or the federal government want to pass a gay marriage law so be it, but it's not a constitutional right.

GB1

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Accepting the abnormal has become normal

I
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
I
Originally Posted by 700LH
Accepting the abnormal has become normal

And that is precisely the problem.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by The_Real_Hawkeye
The next judicial fiction that needs to fall is that the Constitution guarantees a right of same sex marriage. That notion is as fictitious as the the right to have an abortion.

How about inter-racial marriage? How do you see the current court lining up on that one?

Originally Posted by jorgeI
...Actually Sycamore, you are sort of right....
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Marriage is a religious thing.
The government has no business being involved in a religious matter.

Music washes away the dust of everyday life
Some people wait a lifetime to meet their favorite hunting and shooting buddy. Mine calls me dad
[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]
IC B2

T
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
T
Originally Posted by Sycamore
The next judicial fiction that needs to fall is that the Constitution guarantees a right of same sex marriage. That notion is as fictitious as the the right to have an abortion.

How about inter-racial marriage? How do you see the current court lining up on that one?

Your a moron.. Clarence Thomas is a black man, you watch too much BS liberal media and then come here and try to be relevant. We were founded upon Christian values in this country, not emotion and fads. But the question was about GHEY marriage. Try to stay on topic loser.

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Every time conservatives have a chance of turning things around we wind up right back here, pushing stupid fugking social agendas based on religious belief.

The one reason Trump was successful, he didn’t waste time on this BS, and went after foreign policy, trade, the economy, etc…

Quit worrying about queers and start concentrating on the economy.

N
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
N
Originally Posted by whackem_stackem
It should be, but since .gov had to involve marriage in taxes….
Get them out of the marriage game entirely and let folks do what their religions will allow.

�Out of every one hundred men, ten shouldn't even be there, eighty are just targets, nine are the real fighters, and we are lucky to have them, for they make the battle. Ah, but the one, one is a warrior, and he will bring the others back.�
E
EdM Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
E
Originally Posted by rockinbbar
Correct.

There's been LOTS of legislating from the Bench. frown

I frankly don't GAFF what gays do. Furthermore, I don't really care about abortion either. (Just look at who is more likely to get an abortion..)

What I DO care about is the U.S. Constitution.

If rights are not stated specifically in that document, then it doesn't fall under a constitutional issue. Therefore it's not a federal jurisdiction issue either. It's a state's issue.

Precisely where I am.

Conduct is the best proof of character.
Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna

LOL.

Google a picture of Thomas's wife.

Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla!
IC B3

B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
The constitution doesn't have anything to do with marriage of any kind. That's the bible and the IRS.

I
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I
Tenth Amendment to the United States Constitution
The Tenth Amendment to the United States Constitution, a part of the Bill of Rights, was ratified on December 15, 1791. It expresses the principle of federalism, also known as states' rights, by stating that the federal government has only those powers delegated to it by the Constitution, and that all other powers not forbidden to the states by the Constitution are reserved to each state.

Including, perhaps, the right to secede?

Don't blame me. I voted for Trump.

Democrats would burn this country to the ground, if they could rule over the ashes.
rte Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter

These immoral acts don't occur in a vacuum.In part,it's due to some citizens apathy to immorality that allows these illegal judicial actions to remain in place IE homosexual marriage.

John Adams stated, “Our Constitution was made only for a moral and religious People. It is wholly inadequate to the government of any other.”

Clarence Thomas is on the case,he recently stated "in future cases, we should reconsider all of this Court’s substantive due process precedents, including Griswold, Lawrence, and Obergefell."

Communist Goals

26. Present homosexuality and degeneracy as normal.
27. Discredit the Bible.
28. Eliminate prayer in the schools.

http://www.freerepublic.com/focus/news/1561529/posts
S
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
S
Have to add, every time the word “gay” is used to describe homosexuality the user has given in to the sodomites. Part of the game is changing the meaning of words in our language. ie make up word changes to glorify that which has always been denigrated. Turn sodomy into a more acceptable occurrence by calling it a nice, warm, attractive word like “gay” or “alternative lifestyle”. Remind those to whom you speak that homosexual men are homosexual. If we decide using slang terms is acceptable we then must allow negative connotations as well as positive. That is, your gay guys are now fraggits, mud pumpers, etc. Call them what they are. Homosexual.

“When Tyranny becomes Law, Rebellion becomes Duty”

Colossians 3:17 (New King James Version)
"And whatever you do in word or deed, do all in the name of the Lord Jesus, giving thanks to God the Father through Him."
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular

"No state shall make or enforce any law which shall abridge the privileges or immunities of citizens of the United States; nor shall any state deprive any person of life, liberty, or property, without due process of law; nor deny to any person within its jurisdiction the equal protection of the laws."

There is no right of straight people to marry either.

B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B

Interracial marriage will never come us as a case for SCOTUS because almost everyone accepts it. And to put a finer point on it, Justice Thomas in in an interracial marriage.

Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
The Constitutional right of "gays" to be left alive is fictitious.

T
Campfire Sage
OP Offline
Campfire Sage
T

Inter-racial marriage is consistent with the historic definition of marriage, which is a union of a man and a woman in matrimony. Therefore it falls under the 9th Amendment guarantee.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Correct.

There's been LOTS of legislating from the Bench. frown

I frankly don't GAFF what gays do. Furthermore, I don't really care about abortion either. (Just look at who is more likely to get an abortion..)

What I DO care about is the U.S. Constitution.

If rights are not stated specifically in that document, then it doesn't fall under a constitutional issue. Therefore it's not a federal jurisdiction issue either. It's a state's issue.

That's the smartest post you've made in a long time.
grin

Hunt with Class and Classics

Religion: A founder of The Church of Spray and Pray

Acquit v. t. To render a judgment in a murder case in San Francisco... EQUAL, adj. As bad as something else. Ambrose Bierce “The Devil's Dictionary”

T
Campfire Sage
OP Offline
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by whackem_stackem
The legal tradition of marriage being both a religious and civil arrangement goes back to before the founding of our nation. Many times there's been no religious element to it at all, such as marriages performed by sea captains and the like.

Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

540 members (10gaugeman, 007FJ, 160user, 1beaver_shooter, 1Longbow, 12344mag, 47 invisible), 2,057 guests, and 1,156 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,877
Posts18,478,928
Members73,947
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.