Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 2 1 2
T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T
Originally Posted by Squidge
The 9th amendment, which precedes the 10th, specifically addresses "other" rights not enumerated in Constitution. The decision written by Alito completely ignored the 9th Amendment as though it did not exist. The clear plain language of the ninth amendment states that there are "other" rights not listed in the Constitution, and those rights are "retained by the people."

"The enumeration in the Constitution, of certain rights, shall not be construed to deny or disparage others retained by the people."

e·nu·mer·a·tion noun the action of mentioning a number of things one by one.

Alito's Abortion Ruling Overturning Roe Is an Insult to the 9th Amendment

If it was a retained right, why did virtually all of the original colonies ban abortions?

Tarquin

M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
'...To secure the blessings of liberty to ourselves AND our posterity...'

Tell me again how the 'yet-to-be-born' are not protected?????

"...A man's rights rest in three boxes: the ballot box, the jury box and the cartridge box..." Frederick Douglass, 1867

( . Y . )
T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T
Rights "retained by the people" are written into the Constitution before "States rights".

Only an idiot would believe that "states rights" supersede rights that are "retained by the people". I'll put you down as a fan of BIG government at the State level.

If the right to abort was "retained by the people" why, at the time of the Founding, did virtually every state make abortion after quickening a crime?? Alito's opinion destroys your argument with actual facts. Secondly, as stated above, the purpose of the Constitution is to "secure the blessing of liberty?'. That "liberty" which is a "blessing" is something God wants you to have; something He thinks is good for you. The supposed "right" to kill innocent beings, with heartbeats and brain waves is murder, which is condemned roundly and universally by Judeo-Christian monotheism. It is the farthest thing from a "liberty" which is a "blessing"----a liberty the Constitution sought to ensure.

Tarquin
A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
Originally Posted by Tarquin
Rights "retained by the people" are written into the Constitution before "States rights".

Only an idiot would believe that "states rights" supersede rights that are "retained by the people". I'll put you down as a fan of BIG government at the State level.

If the right to abort was "retained by the people" why, at the time of the Founding, did virtually every state make abortion after quickening a crime?? Alito's opinion destroys your argument with actual facts. Secondly, as stated above, the purpose of the Constitution is to "secure the blessing of liberty?'. That "liberty" which is a "blessing" is something God wants you to have; something He thinks is good for you. The supposed "right" to kill innocent beings, with heartbeats and brain waves is murder, which is condemned roundly and universally by Judeo-Christian monotheism. It is the farthest thing from a "liberty" which is a "blessing"----a liberty the Constitution sought to ensure.

You get criticized (rightly 😁) here for being a never-Trumper but I commend your answer above. 👍. Well put.

�Politicians are the lowest form of life on earth. Liberal Democrats are the lowest form of politician.� �General George S. Patton, Jr.

---------------------------------------------------------
~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
S
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
S
Originally Posted by Swifty52
Originally Posted by shootem
Well yeah, but there’s nothing in the constitution that prohibited states leaving the union either. You see how that went.

Well it could be argued otherwise, iffy but

Article IV

Section 3

New States may be admitted by the Congress into this Union; but no new State shall be formed or erected within the Jurisdiction of any other State; nor any State be formed by the Junction of two or more States, or Parts of States, without the Consent of the Legislatures of the States concerned as well as of the Congress.

I see no argument there. Your quote is meaningless with regard to states leaving the union.

“When Tyranny becomes Law, Rebellion becomes Duty”

Colossians 3:17 (New King James Version)
"And whatever you do in word or deed, do all in the name of the Lord Jesus, giving thanks to God the Father through Him."
IC B2

T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T
Originally Posted by AcesNeights
Originally Posted by Tarquin

You get criticized (rightly 😁) here for being a never-Trumper but I commend your answer above. 👍. Well put.

I'm not a never-Trumper, though I'm a critic of the things he did which helped him lose. I just didn't vote in a state where my vote was irrelevant.

Last edited by Tarquin; 06/26/22.

Tarquin
Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

512 members (12344mag, 160user, 1lessdog, 10Glocks, 17CalFan, 51 invisible), 1,956 guests, and 1,223 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,755
Posts18,495,459
Members73,977
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.