Print Thread
Hop To
Page 4 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
Originally Posted by screaminweasil
scope sucks....reticle sucks.... You may find my non paid actual reviews on snipershide to be of benefit.

I seriously doubt that

GB1

H
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
H
Thanks for the definitive answer. If the scope is still in your "shilling" possession, a few pics of the reticle on low power would be appreciated. I actually don't need them though, your review wreaks of payoff and bias as the scope was "sent to you for review" by the company. Nice try though.....scope sucks....reticle sucks....and what kind of dumbass company offers illumination in 2nd focal plane only.....dumb fuggs from Nikon just haven't actually gotten anything right since Tracts inception.
Yep ...I've owned a few Torics....speaking from experience. You may find my non paid actual reviews on snipershide to be of benefit.

Nice tantrum! 😂😂😂

John

If my people, who are called by my name, will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then I will hear from heaven, and I will forgive their sin and will heal their land. 2 Chronicles 7:14
J
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
J
Thanks for the definitive answer. If the scope is still in your "shilling" possession, a few pics of the reticle on low power would be appreciated. I actually don't need them though, your review wreaks of payoff and bias as the scope was "sent to you for review" by the company. Nice try though.....scope sucks....reticle sucks....and what kind of dumbass company offers illumination in 2nd focal plane only.....dumb fuggs from Nikon just haven't actually gotten anything right since Tracts inception.
Yep ...I've owned a few Torics....speaking from experience. You may find my non paid actual reviews on snipershide to be of benefit.

And the bullshit.....Tract Toric "Schott glass" comes from china........anyone serious about optics would know that "Schott glass" don't mean [bleep].
German Schott glass is not what you get with Tract.

Schott has German and Chinese glass ....Tract uses the china town version.

Tract still hasn't figured out how to make their scopes have a full image, they make Leupold Mark 5s look nice with their big black rings......
#toiletpaperroll field of view

Nothing like announcing to the world "I'm a clueless dumbass".

It is irrelevant what you think. What matters is the TRUTH.
J
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Sleepy
Campfire 'Bwana
J
Originally Posted by JGRaider

And the bullshit.....Tract Toric "Schott glass" comes from china........anyone serious about optics would know that "Schott glass" don't mean [bleep].

Tract still hasn't figured out how to make their scopes have a full image, they make Leupold Mark 5s look nice with their big black rings......

More like a moron

I got banned on another web site for a debate that happened on this site. That's a first
S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
Wow......I never knew the three stooges first names were all John.

Still waiting on the 2.5x reticle pics............maybe you can muster 8x??

Let's see this well designed Mil Hunting ret.....sans illumination.

At least Tract is on top of 2nd focal plane and illumination, not to mention the awesome shchott glass......hahaahaabaah

Last edited by screaminweasil; 07/07/22.
IC B2

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
Sales on this [bleep] line of scopes are as dead as this thread.....sans a few dumbfuck Texans and a shill.....hahaha

Let me know how the Tract Lifetime Warranty goes as well.....I'm sure it'll be useful in 5 years

Last edited by screaminweasil; 07/07/22.
K
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
K
I think someone is back on the sauce again….lol.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by jwp475

More like a moron

I don’t know. I’ve never owned a Tract.

People will say a lot of things, especially on the internet. Hard to know who is the real deal, who is full of shet, and who is simply too dumb to know how dumb they are.

But, if there’s one unequivocal red flag, it’s when someone promoting something gets evasive under pointed questions.

Someone else mentioned a thread on Rokslide. I went and dug it up. Tract took the evasive route over impact testing. A scopes #1 job is an aiming device.

Unless someone sends a Tract to Stick or Formadillo, I’ll direct my money to proven brands.

Originally Posted by shrapnel
I probably hit more elk with a pickup than you have with a rifle.

Originally Posted by JohnBurns
I have yet to see anyone claim Leupold has never had to fix an optic. I know I have sent a few back. 2 MK 6s, a VX-6, and 3 VX-111s.
E
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
E
I have been following this thread because I do like Tract. They have great optics - clear, well priced. I have some binoculars - best I own. I now have a scope I have yet put through the paces but I expect the to be happy. I am also following it because of the "battles" that happen ... the popcorn is always ready for Tract threads

As I have watched the battles of Tract go on over the last few years it has been amusing ... and sometimes maddening. Clear experience has been shown with results and then the other side will attack. And the attacks as far as I can tell (not an expert in tracking this down but my observations) lack ANY or LITTLE direct experience with current Tract products. Just a little weird to be honest.

Personally there are too many folks whose opinions I trust (JB for example and others) who have had good experiences to worry about the shrill attacks coming from others. YMMV

Edit: By the way my name is NOT John or Jon ... and I have never accepted anything from Tract except for quality optics in the mail for a fair price

Last edited by elkrazy; 07/08/22. Reason: Addition info/snark
J
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
J
Originally Posted by elkrazy
I have been following this thread because I do like Tract. They have great optics - clear, well priced. I have some binoculars - best I own. I now have a scope I have yet put through the paces but I expect the to be happy. I am also following it because of the "battles" that happen ... the popcorn is always ready for Tract threads

As I have watched the battles of Tract go on over the last few years it has been amusing ... and sometimes maddening. Clear experience has been shown with results and then the other side will attack. And the attacks as far as I can tell (not an expert in tracking this down but my observations) lack ANY or LITTLE direct experience with current Tract products. Just a little weird to be honest.

Personally there are too many folks whose opinions I trust (JB for example and others) who have had good experiences to worry about the shrill attacks coming from others. YMMV

Edit: By the way my name is NOT John or Jon ... and I have never accepted anything from Tract except for quality optics in the mail for a fair price

It's always amusing, especially coming from people who have never even seen a Tract Toric (which is what this thread is about specifically) much less used one. The incident that the idiot bellydeep is referencing was several years ago, was NOT a Toric, and was in fact a used scope that had been passed around several times before this "drop test" was performed. It's amusing also because at about the same time a respected poster here performed the "drop test" with an SWFA 3-9x (could possibly have been the fixed 6x)and it failed as well. Screaminweasel is just flat out too stupid to even respond to.

IC B3

J
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Sleepy
Campfire 'Bwana
J

I purchased a 3X15X50 because of JB's review. I found tge scope excellent in every regard and now own 5 scopes and 15X50 binoculars and couldn't be happier

I got banned on another web site for a debate that happened on this site. That's a first
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Gotta wonder how many of those who demand that Tract scopes be put through the meat grinder before they’ll consider one expect the same from other brands in their price range?

I did some tracking tests on my first, a Tekoa, which it passed just fine. Sold it when I won a VX-5 HD from Doug. The second one, a 1” Toric, is staying here. Really like the zero stop for futzing around with .22s. Left an inch of “room” on the stop for use with faster ammo.

What fresh Hell is this?
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

Wow! No kidding.

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

WWP53D
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by Pappy348
Gotta wonder how many of those who demand that Tract scopes be put through the meat grinder before they’ll consider one expect the same from other brands in their price range?

I did some tracking tests on my first, a Tekoa, which it passed just fine. Sold it when I won a VX-5 HD from Doug. The second one, a 1” Toric, is staying here. Really like the zero stop for futzing around with .22s. Left an inch of “room” on the stop for use with faster ammo.

1) SWFA fixed power scopes were just on sale for $200, so let’s establish that as the “price range.”

2) I don’t care if a scope costs $200 or $2000, it needs to hold zero.

I have yet to see anyone claim Leupold has never had to fix an optic. I know I have sent a few back. 2 MK 6s, a VX-6, and 3 VX-111s.
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker

It's always amusing, especially coming from people who have never even seen a Tract Toric (which is what this thread is about specifically) much less used one. The incident that the idiot bellydeep is referencing was several years ago, was NOT a Toric, and was in fact a used scope that had been passed around several times before this "drop test" was performed. It's amusing also because at about the same time a respected poster here performed the "drop test" with an SWFA 3-9x (could possibly have been the fixed 6x)and it failed as well. Screaminweasel is just flat out too stupid to even respond to.

I’ve never said a SWFA can’t fail. All of them can. What you’re playing is a percentage game.

I wouldn’t stay away from a scope brand just because I heard of one failing on the internet.

But like I said, salesmen getting evasive is a pretty big red flag. I’ve still bought a few products after such behavior, and have always regretted it after.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
And the people here who own Japanese Tracts are in solid agreement that they do too, have excellent optics, and most are offered with good hunting reticles (T-Plex). Spare me that tired, discredited story about the much cheaper Response that failed. We all know the details, and it has nothing whatsoever to do with the scopes we’re talking about.

Buy and use what you will, but stating that the Torics (and Tekoas) are no good because of what happened with that Response is just bullschitt.

What fresh Hell is this?
S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
I got excited about Tract when they first came out. Unlike all the Texas fanboys I actually have tested and seen every [bleep] scope on the market, so I call balls and strikes. The 1" Tubed line of Toric Scopes of which I owned both the 2-10 and 3-15 had a nasty "tunnel effect". If you have ever looked through a Steiner P4xi or Burris XTR3.............those scopes in particular have a full view to the edge of the scope. Almost like your not looking through a scope. If you have ever seen a Leupold Mark 5HD or a Nikon Monarch scope, you may or may not have noticed a large "black ring" effect between the image and the edge of the field of view. That's the major gripe. I guess those who haven't experienced anything else, may have never noticed.

I do have a pair of 15x56 Tract Toric Binoculars which I like quite well. Although the image quality isn't any better than a $450 pair of Athlon Cronus 15x56.............the Tract are much slimmer and much more prone to actually carrying while hunting. The Athlon are quite large in this regard.

I have nothing against Tract.............other than their false advertising. Their "Schott" glass comes from China......not Germany. Their scopes seem to function pretty well if you get the "toric" model which is made in Japan at the LOW Factory.

However, I find it funny that someone "reviewing" a FFP "hunting scope" (Mind You NOT ILLUMINTED)....................Only provides a reticle pic at highest power...........then acts like a little Bitch when he's called out on that as we all know........nobody but a dumbass Texan shoots a deer at 15x in low light.

I live in the far west.............timbered deer hunting here doesn't allow FFP at 15x at low light despite the best of optics.

Carry on.................

Tract still stucks ......................for the most part.

I should probably sell my 15x56 Toric Binos.........just for spite.

J
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
J
You need your eyes, and more importantly your brain checked.

K
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
K
The only Tract I have so far is a 3-15x42 and while I can’t speak to durability yet it’s a fine scope and very nice to look through. I have no reason to think it won’t hold up at this point. I will get more as I need or want.

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
You need your eyes, and more importantly your brain checked.

100 yards
Toric 2-10x BDC reticle. No flip up caps installed. Mounted on a Kimber 308

scope set on 10x

[img]https://i.imgur.com/B2M12U8.jpg?1[/img]

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

Mr Magoo can see the huge "black ring" also known as Vignette.

Take some pics through all your wonderful Torics and show me it doesn't exist. If you can hold your trembling hands still enough to semi focus the phone camera......good luck.

This is how the view through a rifle scope should look.

50 yards Vortex Razor LH 1.5-8x on 8x

[img]https://i.imgur.com/VkmFNgM.jpg?1[/img]

See a difference????????

Better call up the optometrist

Page 4 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

535 members (007FJ, 219DW, 10gaugeman, 1badf350, 1234, 1lessdog, 64 invisible), 1,776 guests, and 1,198 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,194,070
Posts18,521,609
Members74,024
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.