Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 2 1 2
#17371597 06/26/22
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
As a church goer, I've been hearing "Roe this and Roe that" all my life.
Right along "Prayer in school".

Well, Roe went.

They say it's not changing things in Pa.
Huh? Casey was huge, it empowered Roe.
And was a leas passed and signed.
Shouldn't it now take effect here?

More to the point.
Roe is gone, do the Pro-Lifers now pivot and take one the states?
Within the states or as a collective fighting common enemies together?

Or will they rest on their laurels once their state conforms to their wishes?

Hijack my own thread with the prayer in school topic.

I support a prayer at graduation, a simple one at events if desired.
Daughter did it with the tennis and softball teams.
Not a sermon.

I do not support a daily prayer led by a teacher.
The bible thumpers will have colon spasms now!

But in a country of religious freedom, whose prayer, whose religion?
Again, the Pious just assume it will be the right religion(theirs).

What happens when the kids have an Atheist/Muslim/Buddhist/Mormon/
Catholic/Protestant teacher?

Last edited by Dillonbuck; 06/26/22.

Parents who say they have good kids..Usually don't!

W
Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
W
Good questions.

These premises insured by a Sheltie in Training ,--- and Cooey.o
"May the Good Lord take a likin' to you"
S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
Take care of all the extra unwanted kids.

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
Or their moms.

W
Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
W
"Our Father,-------."

These premises insured by a Sheltie in Training ,--- and Cooey.o
"May the Good Lord take a likin' to you"
IC B2

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
For all of the talk and fake polls IMO that the left spews out claiming that most Americans support abortions on demand. I don’t believe it. Other than states with democrat majorities in the State House and Senate with democrat Governors. democrats are going to have a hard time advancing abortion at the state level beyond state law already in place.

In regards to your last paragraph OP we’re a country founded by Protestant Christians. On Protestant Christian ideals and concepts. We shouldn’t force religion and our Constitution spells that out but we don’t need to make apologies for our roots either in an endless attempt to placate everyone else.

B
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
B
Simple, A fetus is a human from the time of conception and deserves to live being born. Give the child up to a adoptive family but take responsibility for your actions

Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
I wish the court would have left it alone.

Just stirred up chit.

If your people want to sluff babies go for it.

I would prefer my people did not.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by SamOlson
I wish the court would have left it alone.

Just stirred up chit.

If your people want to sluff babies go for it.

I would prefer my people did not.

The left never stirs up chit so we should play by their rules and not stir stuff either…

Do you support judicial activism and fake constitutional law? If you support it for abortion what right do you have to say otherwise when it’s your 1A or 2A rights?

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I agree with SamO on this... This ruling is going to cost us Big Time in the Mid Terms... Or at least the MSM will claim it did when we do poorly at the polls... Now was not the time stir schit up... Gotta believe the supreme court sold us out on this one...

IC B3

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
I have mixed feelings. Abortion is a horrible thing, and so are the people that fight for it, and mostly, the people who use it. I’m not sure I want them having more babies.

I am not naive enough to think that people will live more morally. I just wish they’d live more responsibly - there really isn’t much in the way of excuses for a woman to get unintentionally pregnant in this day and age.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by 7mm_Loco
I agree with SamO on this... This ruling is going to cost us Big Time in the Mid Terms... Or at least the MSM will claim it did when we do poorly at the polls... Now was not the time stir schit up... Gotta believe the supreme court sold us out on this one...

I disagree.

You don't bench your cleanup hitter with the bases loaded because you're worried they'll change the pitcher. You take wins, especially big ones, when you get them, and worry about the next battle in its time.

Besides, another way to look at it is this was the PERFECT time for this decision to come down for Republicans, with virtually all indicators strongly favoring the red team, and the abortion issue lagging way behind issues like the economy, inflation, etc. in importance to the American voter. IOW, the red team is in its best position ever to weather the effects of an unpopular SCOTUS decision.

Truth is, for better or for worse, even with as volatile as the abortion controversy is, ridiculous gas and food prices are staring people right in the face on a daily basis, and look to be doing so well into election season. By then, this will be old news ...

... is my take.

"What we obtain too cheap, we esteem too lightly: it is dearness only that gives every thing its value. Heaven knows how to put a proper price upon its goods; and it would be strange indeed if so celestial an article as freedom should not be highly rated." Thomas Paine
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by RickBin

I disagree.

You don't bench your cleanup hitter with the bases loaded because you're worried they'll change the pitcher. You take wins, especially big ones, when you get them, and worry about the next battle in its time.

Besides, another way to look at it is this was the PERFECT time for this decision to come down for Republicans, with virtually all indicators strongly favoring the red team, and the abortion issue lagging way behind issues like the economy, inflation, etc. in importance to the American voter. IOW, the red team is in its best position ever to weather the effects of an unpopular SCOTUS decision.

Truth is, for better or for worse, even with as volatile as the abortion controversy is, ridiculous gas and food prices are staring people right in the face on a daily basis, and look to be doing so well into election season. By then, this will be old news ...

... is my take.
Well stated.

Only a “cucksertive” could take what is the correct legal decision and the biggest SC win in any of our lifetimes and term it as “The SC sold us out on this one.”

It won’t happen but this is what should be step one towards the SC strictly following our Constitution and rolling back government overreach. I’ll take a win when we can get one especially a win that eliminates the worst but literally most landmark SC decision in 100 plus years.

I doubt that it cost anything in the midterms. Running on abortion isn’t a winning platform IMO. Even if it did what’s the point in winning an election if you’re afraid to appoint Constitutionalist judges to the courts and delete judicial activism from the bench be it abortions or 2A?

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
All the decision did was re-establish the fact that under the constitution, any right to pass laws not specifically granted to the federal government automatically reverts to the states.

All the hullaballoo is nothing more than political theater and melodrama.

Haul ass, haul ass! - Pappy
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
The powers not delegated to the United States by the Constitution, nor prohibited by it to the states, are reserved to the states respectively, or to the people.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Like i said... The "Timing" of this (not the Ruling) is Suspicious... The upcoming election is likely the most important one of our time... And perhaps millions of swing voter women are upset with this Ruling... Guess we'll find out in November... And i don't trust the Supreme Court any further than i could throw em... They really did us proud with the Election fraud investigation, Didn't they... By the way, I don't know what a "Cucksertive" is... But i know what a "Dumb Cucksucker" is...

Last edited by 7mm_Loco; 06/27/22.
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by RickBin

I disagree.

... is my take.
You have "Politely" made some good points... Thank you!... And i hope you are right about November...

Last edited by 7mm_Loco; 06/26/22.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Like i said... The "Timing" of this (not the Ruling) is Suspicious... Guess we'll find out in November... And i don't trust the Supreme Court any further than i could throw em... They really did us proud with the Election fraud investigation, Didn't they... By the way, I don't know what a "Cucksertive" is... But i know what a "Dumb Cucksucker" is...
Look in a mirror.

This is far and away most landmark legal decision in any of our lifetimes. Based both on the hot button issue to the left of Roe V Wade and overturning past bad legal precedent. Something that courts are very reluctant to rule on even when very obviously wrong. One that most said would never be overturned for political reasons despite being wrong and bad case law. If for no other reason than striking down the most blatant case of judicial overreach and legislation from the bench in any of our lifetimes you should see this as a giant net win.

The only real question is this. Are you okay with having the courts running roughshod over state rights and killing babies based on fake constitutional law in what’s been the biggest high profile case of judicial activism in any of our lifetimes? If so are you okay with the same court running roughshod over your 1A or 2A rights? Please explain.

Bin told you the same thing but phrased it more politely for you.

R
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
R
This isn't the end, it's the middle. Abortion is still around. The problems are still around.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by TheLastLemming76
Like i said... The "Timing" of this (not the Ruling) is Suspicious... Guess we'll find out in November... And i don't trust the Supreme Court any further than i could throw em... They really did us proud with the Election fraud investigation, Didn't they... By the way, I don't know what a "Cucksertive" is... But i know what a "Dumb Cucksucker" is...
Look in a mirror.

This is far and away the most landmark legal decision in any of our lifetimes. Based both on the hot button issue to the left and overturning past bad precedent. One that most said would never be overturned for political reasons despite being wrong.

The only real question is this. Are you okay with having the courts running roughshod over killing babies based on fake constitutional law in what’s been the biggest high profile case of judicial activism in our lifetimes? If so are you okay with the same court running roughshod over your 1A or 2A rights? Please explain.

Bin told you the same thing but phrased it more politely for you.
The left will Supercharge their base and likely bring millions of "middle of the road" women voters into their tent with this issue... And i think Roe vs Wade has been a Political "Time Bomb" they've been sitting on for 50 yrs to use for a "Special Occasion" which happens to be the upcoming "Big Red Wave"... I don't trust the Supreme Court or any branch of government or Politician for that matter... IMO they are all sold out to the Deep State... At this point i don't believe America is a Democracy... It's ruled by a Veiled Dictatorship... Trouble is, We don't know who the Dictators are?... As for "The Mirror", We'll see who gets it come November... Ironically, I hope it's me...

Last edited by 7mm_Loco; 06/27/22.
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

597 members (10gaugemag, 12344mag, 160user, 10ring1, 007FJ, 1lessdog, 62 invisible), 2,450 guests, and 1,318 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,203
Posts18,485,258
Members73,966
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.