-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 8 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
The climate is always changing, has been since the earth was formed. Drought, floods, warming, and cooling are natural cycles. 8k years ago my house would be on the shore of lake Missoula.

"Life is tough, even tougher if your stupid"
John Wayne
GB1

Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
reading an article about a suburb area about 30 miles North of Scottsdale

heavily developed in the last 20 years. Got to the point they told developers that had developments of 5 or more houses they had to submit a multi-year water plan, so developers just increased the size of their lots so they built 4 houses to get around it.

Now all the shallow wells are running dry and Scottsdale has told the water delivery services they will no longer sell to them delivering outside the Scottsdale area.

For the moment the water delivery people have found alternative sources but that will end soon. These people living in $600K homes will be in a situation where they have to reuse water to flush a toilet.

Real Estate agent was asked if they is affecting home sales, she said people are still buying with the belief that authorities will not let people in expensive homes go without water, so people are still buying and houses are still being built.

The whole thing is crazy to me.

have you paid your dues, can you moan the blues, can you bend them guitar strings
S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Originally Posted by KFWA

heavily developed in the last 20 years. Got to the point they told developers that had developments of 5 or more houses they had to submit a multi-year water plan, so developers just increased the size of their lots so they built 4 houses to get around it.

Now all the shallow wells are running dry and Scottsdale has told the water delivery services they will no longer sell to them delivering outside the Scottsdale area.

For the moment the water delivery people have found alternative sources but that will end soon. These people living in $600K homes will be in a situation where they have to reuse water to flush a toilet.

Real Estate agent was asked if they is affecting home sales, she said people are still buying with the belief that authorities will not let people in expensive homes go without water, so people are still buying and houses are still being built.

It's because of all them people who installed bidets and are using them willy-nilly. All your fault.

A wise man is frequently humbled.

Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
LOL

you aren't far off

I lived in Austin TX during a time of water rationing. To this Kentucky boy it felt like communist Russia telling me I couldn't wash my car except for Tuesday and Saturday.

I freaking moved from Austin TX, which is a great place to live except for that whole water horseshit I went thru, and went back to god awful Ohio because I couldn't deal with someone telling me how much water I could use. I'd be losing my schit living in Arizona. Telling people they ain't gonna have water to wash they ass? GTFO!

As I type this , I'm watching a frog strangler come down right outside my window. Probably a good inch in the last 30 minutes.

Last edited by KFWA; 07/05/22.

have you paid your dues, can you moan the blues, can you bend them guitar strings
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by Sitka deer
Early 90's or thereabouts there was talk of caliotoe wanting to pipe Snake River or Columbia River water south.

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]
I remember that. What they didn't figure on was that 100% of the Snake River is already appropriated. There's no unclaimed water left to pump.

β€œIn a time of deceit telling the truth is a revolutionary act.”
― George Orwell

It's not over when you lose. It's over when you quit.
IC B2

T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
Originally Posted by Paul39
No water in SW Utah, hardly any rain for a year or so, but they keep building and folks keep moving in. Crazy. Don't see how it can last. My wife and I, and a neighbor couple, saw it coming, and moved out.

crazy

build build build

Got water ?

Hell no

T R U M P W O N !

U L T R A M A G A !

B
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
B
Why would we ever consider diverting water to California

G
g5m Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
Originally Posted by KFWA

Water has been an issue for decades. Now MANY people have moved to AZ and have to have a lot of green to remind them of their prior home and the demands have lowered the water table and the Central Arizona Project has been a lifesaver but you can't get water out of a dry well or river. Of course little things like Motorola dumping extremely toxic waste chemicals into a dry well that made their way into the aquifer didn't help.

Retired cat herder.

Page 8 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

133 members (01Foreman400, 7887mm08, 300s, 2UP, 257 mag, 9 invisible), 1,566 guests, and 981 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,624
Posts18,474,071
Members73,941
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.