Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by MikeL2
[Linked Image from media.makeameme.org]

Unfortunately, that will be the result because courts can't give binding advisory opinions (as opposed to pointing which way the wind is blowing for future cases), and the facts and laws vary from case to case. But, the vacating and remanding of 4 big cases shortcuts the process because the litigants aren't starting from scratch. This drastically cuts down the time frame for getting a final resolution of the issues presented in those cases.

"Don't believe everything you see on the Internet" - Abraham Lincoln

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by JohnBurns
Originally Posted by OldmanoftheSea
If MD goes does DC to since it is historically part of MD?

Both DC and MD are in the 4th Circuit. The 4th now has to rule consistant with SCOTUS rules for 2nd A cases.

DC has its own circuit.

Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Cheyenne
Originally Posted by OldmanoftheSea
If MD goes does DC to since it is historically part of MD?

Both DC and MD are in the 4th Circuit. The 4th now has to rule consistant with SCOTUS rules for 2nd A cases.

DC has its own circuit.

Thanks for the correction.

Maybe Dick Heller wants one more run at them for old times sake. grin

John Burns

I have all the sources.
They can't stop the signal.

A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
Originally Posted by The_Real_Hawkeye
All kinds of things going our way. Tired of winning yet? LOL.

So true!

At this point any self-professed conservative that bitches about Trump is either ignoring the bigger picture or they’re a closet case of TDS. The REAL and LASTING impact of President Trump’s legacy, aside from illuminating the corruption of our entire government, is the true conservatives he appointed to the highest court.

God bless President Trump!

�Politicians are the lowest form of life on earth. Liberal Democrats are the lowest form of politician.� �General George S. Patton, Jr.

---------------------------------------------------------
~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by ElAhrairah
How will this affect the WA mag ban that goes into effect tomorrow?
Both Washington and California are in the jurisdiction of the Ninth Circuit. California's mag ban was ruled unconstitutional twice, in rulings that closely followed Heller. As with all pro-Second rulings, the case was overturned en banc by the Ninth Circuit.

After NYSPRA the arguments used by the en banc panel to uphold the ban have been eliminated. This will leave the en banc panel with two choices: either rule that the mag bans are unconstitutional or try and come up with a new argument that they are constitutional.

IMO, the odds of them coming up with an argument that a mag ban is constitutional that follows the rules laid down in NYSPRA are slim. If they try it and lose in the Supreme Court, the new SCOTUS decision would apply to the entire country.

I'm sure that the en banc panel would rather eat broken glass than declare the mag bans unconstitutional, but there is a strategic advantage to it; the ruling would only apply to the states in the Ninth circuit, which would include WA and CA. This would delay nationwide coverage of the ruling, during which they would hope for some seismic change in the composition of the court.

Last edited by natman; 06/30/22.
IC B2

R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R
Originally Posted by natman
Both Washington and California are in the jurisdiction of the Ninth Circuit. California's mag ban was ruled unconstitutional twice, in rulings that closely followed Heller. As with all pro-Second rulings, the case was overturned en banc by the Ninth Circuit.

After NYSPRA the arguments used by the en banc panel to uphold the ban have been eliminated. This will leave the en banc panel with two choices: either rule that the mag bans are unconstitutional or try and come up with a new argument that they are constitutional.

IMO, the odds of them coming up with an argument that a mag ban is constitutional that follows the rules laid down in NYSPRA are slim. If they try it and lose in the Supreme Court, the new SCOTUS decision would apply to the entire country.

I'm sure that the en banc panel would rather eat broken glass than declare the mag bans unconstitutional, but there is a strategic advantage to it; the ruling would only apply to the states in the Ninth circuit, which would include WA and CA. This would delay nationwide coverage of the ruling, during which they would hope for some seismic change in the composition of the court.

Wrong the rulings will effects state laws nation wide.

Dog I rescued in January

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by rickt300
Originally Posted by natman

Wrong the rulings will effects state laws nation wide.

Negative. Ninth Circuit rulings are only binding precedent in the states within the Ninth Circuit. They are only persuasive authority otherwise.

L
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
L
Originally Posted by AcesNeights
Originally Posted by The_Real_Hawkeye
All kinds of things going our way. Tired of winning yet? LOL.

So true!

At this point any self-professed conservative that bitches about Trump is either ignoring the bigger picture or they’re a closet case of TDS. The REAL and LASTING impact of President Trump’s legacy, aside from illuminating the corruption of our entire government, is the true conservatives he appointed to the highest court.

God bless President Trump!

Before Trump, it was Mitch McConnell holding Garland's nomination that gave Trump the opportunity to nominate a conservative justice.

Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Cheyenne
Negative. Ninth Circuit rulings are only binding precedent in the states within the Ninth Circuit. They are only persuasive authority otherwise.

With 2 of the GVRed cases in the 9th it's going to be interesting.

Trump made a decent dent in the 9th and it's not impossible to draw an en banc panel that would actually rule right even before this new NYSRPA ruling.

Open carry and standard mags on all the left coast. grin

John Burns

I have all the sources.

Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Speaking of the 9th, the Cali AW ban and ammo ban are there on hold pending the resolution of the Cali mag ban.

So now the 9th has to use the reasoning specified in NYRPA to decide the Cali AW ban.

You guys in free states better get your AR stuff now because when 9th rules AW bans are not constiutional there is a lot of pent up demand that will be uncorked. grin

John Burns

I have all the sources.

IC B3

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
I know many who will be online the minute that ban is overturned.

The desert is a true treasure for him who seeks refuge from men and the evil of men.
In it is contentment
In it is death and all you seek
(Quoted from "The Bleeding of the Stone" Ibrahim Al-Koni)

member of the cabal of dysfunctional squirrels?
F
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
F
Speaking of the 9th, the Cali AW ban and ammo ban are there on hold pending the resolution of the Cali mag ban.

So now the 9th has to use the reasoning specified in NYRPA to decide the Cali AW ban.

You guys in free states better get your AR stuff now because when 9th rules AW bans are not constiutional there is a lot of pent up demand that will be uncorked. grin

Yep I tried to get a 50 round mag for my M21 when they said that the ruling was Unconstitutional a couple years ago and the company I ordered it threw left me high and dry by waiting to ship it.

I really do not need a 50 round mag for that rifle but I just wanted it to shove up our Politicians Arrs's .
They track all of this stuff coming into the State.

When they loft this ban again I will be one of the first to order the Largest Mag's I can for my Rifles.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
If AWB's are out where does this leave the NFA?

Originally Posted by 16penny
If you put Taco Bell sauce in your ramen noodles it tastes just like poverty
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

[Linked Image from i.pinimg.com]

Z
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
The Trump Effect will continue for years to come.

Paul

"I'd rather see a sermon than hear a sermon".... D.A.D.

Trump Won!, Sandmann Won!, Rittenhouse Won!, Suck it Liberal Fuuktards.

molɔ̀ːn labé skýla

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

Z
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by kingston

That's a great question.

John Burns

I have all the sources.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

Z
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by kingston
Guess that will remain to be seen.

Probably be an interesting argument for auto pistols and rifles generally used by one person such as Thompsons and M14 types, but not likely for a Ma Deuce?

As to other things requiring their OK, saw offs and such...............................you're guess is as good as mine.

The desert is a true treasure for him who seeks refuge from men and the evil of men.
In it is contentment
In it is death and all you seek
(Quoted from "The Bleeding of the Stone" Ibrahim Al-Koni)

member of the cabal of dysfunctional squirrels?
A
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
A
Does that mean Californians will be able to take all the goofy embarassing shìt off their ARs?

[Linked Image from caligunner.com]

Magpul better be cranking out extra stocks and grips...

Page 2 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

89 members (7mm_Loco, 444Matt, 1_deuce, 338reddog, 79S, 2ndwind, 10 invisible), 1,540 guests, and 771 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,368
Posts18,488,296
Members73,970
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.