-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 5 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Put it on something FUN to shoot,so you get to rattle some rounds through it. 223 CTR perhaps,if only for extrapolation? Hint...................

Brad says: "Can't fault Rick for his pity letting you back on the fire... but pity it was and remains. Nothing more, nothing less. A sad little man in a sad little dream."
GB1

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by Darryle
I sent the action back I just bought and I received it back within about 3 weeks with the 10* down sweep, still clears 3 different unmodified Manners LRH, EH1 and an EH1A even with the extra downward angle. I will never order another style of action, the 2 new Anti actions I ordered are coming with the 10* downward angle and the AntiX is coming with 5* downward angle. It's going in a Manners LRH with adjustable comb and will have a Swarovski Z6 56mm scope with the BRH reticle, so there will be plenty of clearance for the ocular?

Any pics of the installed 10* down sweep bolt handle on a rifle with a scope mounted?

I never thought I'd grow up to be a grumpy old man, but I did, and I'm killin' it.
B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
Originally Posted by Big Stick
Put it on something FUN to shoot,so you get to rattle some rounds through it. 223 CTR perhaps,if only for extrapolation? Hint...................

That’s the plan. I’ve got the 4-20 Helos on the CTR and I can’t see much moving that off it’s place. Might have to scrounge up something else to live on.

Semper Fi
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Such things come easily,with a 1913 interface and them side by each extrapolations,tend to reveal the most. Especially with something beloved,batting first. Hint...................(grin)

Brad says: "Can't fault Rick for his pity letting you back on the fire... but pity it was and remains. Nothing more, nothing less. A sad little man in a sad little dream."
B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
Such things come easily,with a 1913 interface and them side by each extrapolations,tend to reveal the most. Especially with something beloved,batting first. Hint...................(grin)

True enough. Been messing with the thought of a 2nd CTR anyhow.

Semper Fi
IC B2

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by WiFowler
I sent the action back I just bought and I received it back within about 3 weeks with the 10* down sweep, still clears 3 different unmodified Manners LRH, EH1 and an EH1A even with the extra downward angle. I will never order another style of action, the 2 new Anti actions I ordered are coming with the 10* downward angle and the AntiX is coming with 5* downward angle. It's going in a Manners LRH with adjustable comb and will have a Swarovski Z6 56mm scope with the BRH reticle, so there will be plenty of clearance for the ocular?

Any pics of the installed 10* down sweep bolt handle on a rifle with a scope mounted?
WiFowler, I don't have it back yet, work completed by Defiance but they had to send out for nitride so that adds a couple of weeks, should be back in a couple of weeks.

Last edited by 257Bob; 09/12/22.
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by beretzs

True enough. Been messing with the thought of a 2nd CTR anyhow.

I would NOT fhuqking Linger. HINT.................(grin)

[Linked Image from imagizer.imageshack.com]

B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
I knew you'd be Johnny on the spot with that!

Semper Fi
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
You talked me into another,newest GrandBaby should be here in 3wks and may as well start him right,before he's even out of the egg. Hint.............. (grin)

B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
You talked me into another,newest GrandBaby should be here in 3wks and may as well start him right,before he's even out of the egg. Hint.............. (grin)

Congrats on the new arrival when he gets here, and yea, ain't no kid gonna suffer having a decent 223 to shoot a bunch.

Semper Fi
IC B3

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Rut GrandBabies will be plum handy and rather a treat! The GOOD Old Days! Hint..................

B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
Rut GrandBabies will be plum handy and rather a treat! The GOOD Old Days! Hint..................

Yes sir. Should be able to spend some good time with the boy!

Semper Fi
A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A

I’d like to see some as well.

D
Campfire Regular
Online Happy
Campfire Regular
D

Nope, still waiting for reamers, 1 action and 1 stock to arrive. I have 2 fast twist Sendero carbon barrels, bottom metal, triggers and 1 action here at the moment. As soon as everything is buttoned up I will be happy to post pictures.

NRA Endowed Patron Life Benefactor
GOA Life Member
TSRA Life Member
NSCA Life Member
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I got the receiver back yesterday, looks great but can't really tell what's different at this point, the rings I have don't fit the receiver even though I'm told they should so ordering another set this am and will hopefully see if the bolt clears as it should.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I attempted to mount the Leupold 5HD 3-15x44 30mm in Talley Medium lightweight rings on the recently modified and returned Tenacity receiver, the bolt (modified to 10 deg) cycles but will still hit the scope if you cycle without caution. I decided to go with high rings hoping to clear the scope all together. As my previous post stated, I bought the receiver in January of this year and Defiance said it was an old bolt design and they warrantied a new bolt at no expense and about five weeks. Defiance I must say has been very good to work with. I purchased and received a newly minted Tenacity and I mounted the same scope with the medium rings and the bolt would not cycle, I don't think high rings would help this one. It come with a pic rail and it looks like I will have to use the rail and pic rings on my next build, we'll see.

J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J
It's the biggest fault I've found with Defiance actions. Rail with low (.82 or .75) 30mm rings work for me as long as the scope's eyepiece isn't to large.

I've got extra Hawkin's long range hybrid rings for both long and short Defiance actions. They are just a touch higher than a rail with low rings. If you'd like to try them I'll send them to you.

Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by JCMCUBIC
It's the biggest fault I've found with Defiance actions. Rail with low (.82 or .75) 30mm rings work for me as long as the scope's eyepiece isn't to large.

I've got extra Hawkin's long range hybrid rings for both long and short Defiance actions. They are just a touch higher than a rail with low rings. If you'd like to try them I'll send them to you.

I think I have posted this before but have any of you guys tried the Rebel actions?? I know the newer AnTi's are really a nice action and the Tenacity has been great but the Rebel spec'd out right might work as far as the bolt handle/scope mounting issues. This is a Rebel with the Modified bolt handle to fit a Remington inlet stock. The scope in the picture is a S&B PM II 10x42 and the rings/bases are Talley lows. The S&B doesn't have a huge back bell but its plenty big and even with the Butler Creeks I could clear the handle, not by much but it worked. Just a thought if anyone has any future builds in the works the Rebel is worth a look IMHO.

"Rather hunt Mule deer than anything else"
"Team 7MM-08"
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I don't want to be too hard on Defiance as they have been great to work with but I really don't understand how they can design a bolt handle that won't work with a common scope, they tell me the https://www.midwayusa.com/product/1018704156?pid=381965 has a large ocular end but I have five of these on Christensen Arms actions (one Model 70) and never had a problem. I had to completely disassemble the rifle to send it back and it's still a problem and the new action is worse. I'll use the pic rail on project #2 but it's not my first choice. It does have me pondering other options for my next DIY/pre-fit project (7mm PRC) but I have some time to settle that one.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by JCMCUBIC

I appreciate the kind offer, I'm going to sit on project #2 for a bit until I get this one sorted, new rings from Red Hawk Rifles coming in the mail today.

Page 5 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

554 members (1badf350, 1Longbow, 10gaugemag, 1936M71, 1beaver_shooter, 01Foreman400, 62 invisible), 2,549 guests, and 1,349 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,454
Posts18,471,089
Members73,934
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.