-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
A little ductless mini split AC would offer both heating and cooling.
You'd only have to drill a couple small holes for the install.

You'd need about 30"L X 9"H X 7"W of interior wall space.
It'd be a class act, match up perfectly with the rest of your setup.

G
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
G
The Harbor Freight Gen I have is the 2000 watt. It works great.

Lots of Harbor Freight Generators the size you bought and larger here on the Texas Coast, I mean a lot of them. They must do really good, lots of them sell and everybody you talk to say they hold up really good. I think the Chicoms copied the Honda engine really well. I have even heard they made improvments to some

I have a Troybuilt 9000 or something like that and a Powermate with a 10 HP Yamaha at my lake house. I think they all do good if you take care of them. What gets anything that sets a lot is getting mosture in fuel. I must have bought gas and put in my ATV that had water it it. I rusted the fuel pump, fuel level sending unit and made a difficult mess to fix.

The Chinese did a good job coping Honda and others.

Thanks Billy

Thanks, Billy
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by splattermatic
I've had a Honda eu3000 generator for years, I got from a friend. He's was needing power at his place while building, and asked about it.
Sure, come get it. I took great care if it all these years, rarely used it, but put a new battery in it last year, new air filter, oil changes, etc. Took care of it.
We are going to rig our sleeper semi up for camping, and beside having shore power, adding a generator for boondocking.
I bought a predator 3500 today.
Bought a quart of Mobil 1 full synthetic 10-30 oil, and have gas on hand.
Waiting for my wife to get home from work to help me get this thing out the back of my dually.
Back is blown, waiting on surgery, and ain't messing it up any more than it is!!!
From all the reviews I've read over the years, it's right up there with a Honda.
Bought the 2 year warranty too, just in case.
It's not a repair, but a replacement warranty. It goes bad, take it back, and you get a new one.
We're thinking of using the truck as just a hard tent/little cabin.
With power, we can string lights in a canopy on the side, plug in appliances, and look into some kind of ac/heating unit for the cab.
Found window screens that get held in by rolling the windows up a bit, and pinching the screens in the openings.
I had a receiver hitch welded to my truck, so we can make camping trips pulling the boat, or SxS, and leaving the 5th wheel home.
I gotta add another bed in the cab, like bunk beds, as the bottom bed, isn't wide enough for the 2 of us, plus dogs, porta potty, and 12v fridge.
Pics later....

Mistake. No parts will be available when you need them. Take it from someone who just spent 6 weeks tracking down a part for a HF air compressor. Never DID find it; had to Mcgyver a fix using parts from an old compressor I’d saved the controls from.

In anything small engine*, there’s just 3 words to know: Honda, Honda, Honda. Yes I have a big Honda (13 hp) on my generator.

*For chainsaws, Husqvarna. For outboards, Yamaha, Honda, Suzuki.

The CENTER will hold.

Reality, Patriotism,Trump: you can only pick two

FÜCK PUTIN!
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by Jeff_O
I've had a Honda eu3000 generator for years, I got from a friend. He's was needing power at his place while building, and asked about it.
Sure, come get it. I took great care if it all these years, rarely used it, but put a new battery in it last year, new air filter, oil changes, etc. Took care of it.
We are going to rig our sleeper semi up for camping, and beside having shore power, adding a generator for boondocking.
Waiting for my wife to get home from work to help me get this thing out the back of my dually.
Back is blown, waiting on surgery, and ain't messing it up any more than it is!!!
From all the reviews I've read over the years, it's right up there with a Honda.
It's not a repair, but a replacement warranty. It goes bad, take it back, and you get a new one.
With power, we can string lights in a canopy on the side, plug in appliances, and look into some kind of ac/heating unit for the cab.
Found window screens that get held in by rolling the windows up a bit, and pinching the screens in the openings.
I had a receiver hitch welded to my truck, so we can make camping trips pulling the boat, or SxS, and leaving the 5th wheel home.
I gotta add another bed in the cab, like bunk beds, as the bottom bed, isn't wide enough for the 2 of us, plus dogs, porta potty, and 12v fridge.
Pics later....

Mistake. No parts will be available when you need them. Take it from someone who just spent 6 weeks tracking down a part for a HF air compressor. Never DID find it; had to Mcgyver a fix using parts from an old compressor I’d saved the controls from.

In anything small engine*, there’s just 3 words to know: Honda, Honda, Honda. Yes I have a big Honda (13 hp) on my generator.

go get your pecker juice. there are several places that sell parts and upgrades

God bless Texas-----------------------
Old 300
I will remain what i am until the day I die- A HUNTER......Sitting Bull
Its not how you pick the booger..
but where you put it !!
Roger V Hunter
R
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
R
Originally Posted by stxhunter
Pics later....

go get your pecker juice. there are several places that sell parts and upgrades
LMAO.

IC B2

Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
It's a 2000 Volvo 610 VNL mid roof.
No def, no regen.
517,000 on a Detroit Diesel 12.7L series 60, bolted to an Eaton manual 10 speed.
Runs great. Going to take it in for a preemptive overhead, and check over. Then to the frame and alignment shop to check. 2 new steers, just cuz, and ready to roll !!
So far, since we've bought it, we put about 6k miles on it, and pulling our Momentum toy hauler, get about 10 mpg. It does very well. Holds 200 gallons of fuel.
Top of Wolf Creek Pass, Hwy 160, east of Pagosa Springs.
[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

F
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
F
Originally Posted by JeffA
A little ductless mini split AC would offer both heating and cooling.
You'd only have to drill a couple small holes for the install.

You'd need about 30"L X 9"H X 7"W of interior wall space.
It'd be a class act, match up perfectly with the rest of your setup.

Im in the process of installing a mini split now in the cargo trailer/camper. Pioneer 12000BTU. I cant stand the sound of the Dometic roof top unit. Should save a few KW's on the Predator too.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
You can't beat them, quietest and most economical ACs built today.
I sized the indoor half based on a 9,000 BTU unit for Splattermatic's truck, not sure if you can get a smaller one than that.

The 12,000 should work out well in the camper you've built.

Splattermatic would have to jerry-rig that window to install a regular window shaker, the min-split would be a far cleaner install.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Nice setup.

Cummins, Cat, Mack, 2-Stroke Detroit's, 11.1 and 12.7, I've run a bit of
everything from about 2010 and older. Partial to Cummins, but a 12.7
is really my favorite engine. Run nice, nice rpm drop to work with,
fantastic Jake. With that setup, a travel trailer is a toy. Uphill or down.

Super 10 or conventional transmission?

Parents who say they have good kids..Usually don't!
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Conventional.
Just a nice common Eaton manual shifting, 10 speed.

IC B3

H
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
H
Harbor Freight:

Going tomorrow to pick up a 12,000 lbs rated Badlands winch for the 1992 Jeep Wrangler YJ that I just recently picked up.

Normally 350$ but 4th of July sale gives another 20% off (70$) by using the coupon code on your phone. So, 280$ plus tax.

Hard to pass that up although it is a bit much for a Jeep.

H
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
H
Conventional.
Just a nice common Eaton manual shifting, 10 speed.

Man that is one fine rig !!

P
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
P

You are full of nonsense. Parts are easily obtainable if one knows how to research.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
On the recommendations from a road test in Popular Mechanic's I bought a Predator 2200. I have 2 Honda 2200's already and the predator isn't a pimple on the Honda's ass. Hard (weird) starting and it won't run a 7 1/4" Skil Saw. I just use it for lights out in the shop and minor duties. A true POS,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

I tend to use more than enough gun
M
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
M
I always run regular unleaded non ethanol in all my small engines, generators, boat motors, chainsaws and weedeater etc. Trouble is you don,t allways get what you pay for at the pump. Select reg unleaded run the first 2-3 gallons in your vehicle then fill your gas can or small engine tank in the back of the truck. The gas forward of the pump line and in the pump as well as hose don't drain back. You get what the last guy selected. Really fugging simple if you think about it..mb

" Cheapest velocity in the world comes from a long barrel and I sure do like them. MB "
B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
I sized the indoor half based on a 9,000 BTU unit for Splattermatic's truck, not sure if you can get a smaller one than that.

Splattermatic would have to jerry-rig that window to install a regular window shaker, the min-split would be a far cleaner install.

Several manufacturers now make 7000 btu units but the best part of these is that they modulate their output.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Magnum_Bob
I always run regular unleaded non ethanol in all my small engines, generators, boat motors, chainsaws and weedeater etc. Trouble is you don,t allways get what you pay for at the pump. Select reg unleaded run the first 2-3 gallons in your vehicle then fill your gas can or small engine tank in the back of the truck. The gas forward of the pump line and in the pump as well as hose don't drain back. You get what the last guy selected. Really fugging simple if you think about it..mb

That really not how it works.
Fuel stops at the 'blend valve' right in the pumping station.
Most of the hose's today are elevated so you don't even have a hose full of the last mix of fuel.
The blend valve ratches back and forth creating different fuel mixes from two grades of gas held in the storage tanks or to the tank holding the non-ethanol grade.

That's my understanding anyway.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by bubbajay

Several manufacturers now make 7000 btu units but the best part of these is that they modulate their output.

Nice, did a little search and see Mitsubishi has a 6000 BTU mini split, but the air handler that mounts inside was of similar size of the next size up units.

For the AC pros out there, explain 'seer rating' and it's effect.
I use to understand it and have forgotten.
Too much Alaska/Montana time where air-conditioning isn't required.

B
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
B
FYI Harbor freight has a 20% off coupon for the 4th. 25% if you are an inside track member, what ever that is. Good on any one item.

They say everything happens for a reason.
For me that reason is usually because I've made some bad decisions that I need to pay for.
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Too late.
I bought, and we looked for any coupons that worked for a predator.
Most coupons excluded them.
This is all I got.
[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

Last edited by splattermatic; 07/02/22.
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

604 members (12344mag, 160user, 10gaugemag, 10ring1, 01Foreman400, 1beaver_shooter, 65 invisible), 2,401 guests, and 1,253 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,269
Posts18,486,588
Members73,967
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.