Print Thread
Hop To
Page 6 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
Originally Posted by Dutch
Selective enforcement of the law is three steps into the process to tyranny. Equal treatment under the law is one of the cornerstones of our civilization.
LMAO... Yeah, like Hillary, Clapper, et al? That's plenty 'equal'....

Ex- USN (SS) '66-'69
Pro-Constitution.
LET'S GO BRANDON!!!

M
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
M
Originally Posted by JohnBurns
Originally Posted by David_Walter
So, I’ll have to sue in WA to get our mag ban lifted? Or will the decision of the 9th cover WA as well?

If the 9th does what SCOTUS told them to do with the Hawaii open carry ban then all states in the 9th will have open carry in a short time.

Could be wrong, but I believe California is the only other state in the 9th that does not permit open carry.

Last edited by MickeyD; 07/04/22.

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
H
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
H
Originally Posted by org_Rogue_Hunter
I believe it was in the late sixties or early seventies that the federal government brought all remaining "state militias" into the National Guard system. There are no longer any state militias...unless we can get people to form new ones?
Not true. Texas has its own state militia as does Florida and California, separate from the National Guard. There may be other states as well that do that I am not immediately aware of. How well organized or trained they are may be questionable. I, myself joined and was commissioned in the Texas State Guard during Operation Desert Storm as I did not know how far that situation was going to escalate. Thankfully, no one had to rely on us, but at least we stepped up to the plate to be available if needed.

"...why, land is the only thing in the world worth working for, worth fighting for, worth dying for,... because it is the only thing that lasts."
M
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
M
Originally Posted by org_Rogue_Hunter
I believe it was in the late sixties or early seventies that the federal government brought all remaining "state militias" into the National Guard system. There are no longer any state militias...unless we can get people to form new ones?
Be that as it may.....
The Militia Act of 1792 defined the militia as 'every able bodied free Male over the age of 18'. Note the this was just one year after the ratification of the 2nd Amendment. Pretty well spells out the intent of what our founding fathers had in mind.

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
L
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
L
As the left controls the conversation in the press, on social websites, I'm pretty sure any involvement in a militia that isn't government sponsored is going to be prefixed with "extreme right wing" and this current DOJ will use the Patriot Act against you.

I really don't have a solution for the leftist states that chose to enforce what laws it wants against what people it decides are threats. That those same laws that are overturned by the highest court in the land and not only is the instruction to overturn ignored but more restrictive laws are passed without consequence to those who are doing passing those laws.

IC B2

Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Maryland dropping the requirement for "good and substantial reason" on CCW permits due to NYSRPA case.

Maryland Drops G&S

“Over the course of my administration, I have consistently supported the right of law-abiding citizens to own and carry firearms, while enacting responsible and common sense measures to keep guns out of the hands of criminals and the mentally ill.

“Last month, the U.S. Supreme Court struck down a provision in New York law pertaining to handgun permitting that is virtually indistinguishable from Maryland law. In light of the ruling and to ensure compliance with the Constitution, I am directing the Maryland State Police to immediately suspend utilization of the ‘good and substantial reason’ standard when reviewing applications for Wear and Carry Permits. It would be unconstitutional to continue enforcing this provision in state law. There is no impact on other permitting requirements and protocols.

“Today’s action is in line with actions taken in other states in response to the recent ruling.”

John Burns

I have all the sources.
They can't stop the signal.

H
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
H
Democrats now calling for more and stricter gun controls in wake of July 4th shootings.

Reuters, CBS, Bloomberg

Anyone surprised at this?

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by Houston_2
Democrats now calling for more and stricter gun controls in wake of July 4th shootings.

Reuters, CBS, Bloomberg

And if they don't get it, they will trigger the next MKUltra subject on the list.

H
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
H
Originally Posted by The_Real_Hawkeye

Reuters, CBS, Bloomberg

And if they don't get it, they will trigger the next MKUltra subject on the list.

There seems to be a pattern.

S
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
S
And politicians’ security will all use baseball bats. No more firearms. Just not necessary.

“When Tyranny becomes Law, Rebellion becomes Duty”

Colossians 3:17 (New King James Version)
"And whatever you do in word or deed, do all in the name of the Lord Jesus, giving thanks to God the Father through Him."
IC B3

Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter

Reuters, CBS, Bloomberg

It's much worse than some kind of small scale MKUltra thing.

The media is nonstop promoting the Blue Print for broken minds to get attention.

The media, social media, and pharma are breaking minds.

We can all list the exact formula for a broken mind to get max attention.

John Burns

I have all the sources.

H
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
H
Originally Posted by JohnBurns

Reuters, CBS, Bloomberg

It's much worse than some kind of small scale MKUltra thing.

The media is nonstop promoting the Blue Print for broken minds to get attention.

The media, social media, and pharma are breaking minds.

We can all list the exact formula for a broken mind to get max attention.

If you’re not sick they’ll convince you that you are.

Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Good article by Daivd Kopel on the NYSRPA decisison.

Long Victory

Bruen’s rules about how to use text, history, and tradition have major implications beyond handgun carrying. According to Bruen, a few isolated statutes are insufficient to create a historical tradition authorizing a particular type of gun control. Thus, the constitutionality of bans on common firearms or magazines is in serious doubt — as the court indicated by vacating and remanding cases that had upheld such bans.

As in the years following Brown v. Board of Education, some jurisdictions will do all they can to evade the law of the land. While Massachusetts, New Jersey, and Maryland appear to be complying with Bruen, New York Gov. Kathy Hochul persuaded the state legislature to enact an onerous licensing process, including requiring applicants to allow the government to rummage through all their social media for the past three years. Carrying a licensed handgun into almost any building in the state of New York is now a felony, unless the building owner has posted a sign allowing carry or has otherwise granted express permission. California appears to be moving in the same direction.

Constitutional law aside, such onerous restrictions are unnecessary. Decades of data from other states show that licensed carriers are vastly more law-abiding than the general public. The rate of gun misuse by persons engaged in licensed carry is minuscule.

In response to a reporter’s question if Hochul had any data to support her claim that licensed carry will endanger millions of New Yorkers, she fired back, “I don’t need to have numbers,” and “I don’t need to have a data point to say this.”

There is still much to be done before all law-abiding Americans can exercise their right to bear arms. For now, at least, there is a solid Supreme Court majority that appears ready to enforce the Second Amendment just as vigorously as the rest of the Bill of Rights.

John Burns

I have all the sources.

Page 6 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

87 members (Aviator, 2500HD, Amos63, 7mm_Loco, AnthonyB, 9 invisible), 1,531 guests, and 871 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,083
Posts18,501,670
Members73,987
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.