Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
D
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
D
Thing about copperheads they have been known to climb up in trees. I have been told this by more than one person, one of which was a surveyor.

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~

“Fear thou not; for I am with thee: be not dismayed; for I am thy God: I will strengthen thee; yea, I will help thee; yea, I will uphold thee with the right hand of my righteousness.”
ISAIAH 41:10
GB1

Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by Birdwatcher
I took these photos in WalMart the other day because I’d never seen these before, dunno how well they work or if they work on outside snakes

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

I'm gonna have to get some of those large glue traps, might be good for a prank or two on one of the guys at work.

Paul

"I'd rather see a sermon than hear a sermon".... D.A.D.

Trump Won!, Sandmann Won!, Rittenhouse Won!, Suck it Liberal Fuuktards.

molɔ̀ːn labé skýla

N
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
N
I almost stepped on a 10-12” Copperhead a while back while putting up a mosquito repeller. I was standing next to a small pine tree with some leaves and pine straw at the base and something caught my peripheral vision by my feet. When I looked down, it took a few seconds for the camouflaged snake to register. He was at most 10” from my foot, coiled and ready to fight.

I quickly hopped backand yelled for my wife to get a shovel. Man, that sucker was hard to see, easy to step on.

NRA Life,Endowment,Patron or Benefactor since '72.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Godogs57
We have EDB’s, Canebrakes, Pigmy Rattlesnakes, cottonmouths, copperheads and coral snakes. Plus gators.

Damn, man! Just crossed Georgia off any potential relo list for me and the wife. frown laugh

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by tndrbstr
Damn snakes

Well, tndrbstr, glad to hear it sounds like the pup is doin' better. Let's hope for a speedy recovery.

IC B2

Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
Glad the Pup is alright.

Damn snakes, I'm glad we don't have venomous ones here.

Paul

"I'd rather see a sermon than hear a sermon".... D.A.D.

Trump Won!, Sandmann Won!, Rittenhouse Won!, Suck it Liberal Fuuktards.

molɔ̀ːn labé skýla

D
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
D
Originally Posted by OMCHamlin
Man, I'm dreading that day, we just moved from a small town in VA to Cumberland County, out in the sticks (a little), and we have a "town raised" Collie with NO common sense at all. We're told this area is chock full of Copperheads, local utility guy was afraid to walk 15' past our yard edge to go check on a possible old well head. So far this year, we've seen about four snakes on the property, two Rats and two Blacksnakes, and while I was clearing some brush and a couple small trees, found somebody's "shed tree", full of about four sheds, each about 3-4' long. I let the dog run loose in our smallish fenced back yard, and we walk him on a leash, but even with me looking that's no guarantee that I can spot one before dumbss does.

Glad to hear yours did not get it as bad as she could have, and hoping for a speedy recovery for her. Do you (or does the vet) think she got a dry bite, or maybe a low dose of venom?

Gratuitous pic of dumb Collie boy trying to sleep with his head up... (that's a lot of nose for a pissed of Copperhead to be able to tag!)

We have a place in Bledsoe County (next to Cumberland County). It's not uncommon to see copperheads on our place this time of the year. I usually see 3-4/yr. I don't go out in the fields without boots on. I usually run over several that I don't see when cutting the fields.

O
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
O
In an area with that many snakes, I would think seriously about getting my dog "snake-proofed" (shock-collar + de-fanged copperhead, rattler, moccasin)

AKA The P-Man smile

If you cherish your memories with kids, be a good role model . . . . so the RIGHT memories of you mean something to them.
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
snakes don't bother me.

God bless Texas-----------------------
Old 300
I will remain what i am until the day I die- A HUNTER......Sitting Bull
Its not how you pick the booger..
but where you put it !!
Roger V Hunter
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

546 members (12344mag, 10gaugeman, 1beaver_shooter, 222Sako, 17CalFan, 222ND, 54 invisible), 2,599 guests, and 1,242 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,584
Posts18,473,375
Members73,941
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.