Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4
L
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
L
I've got a 510c on a tactile shotgun . It's held up so far . If I don't use it for a period of time ( 3 months? ) And keep it stored in a dark corner like just inside a closet I have discovered the reticle will not be lit up. Leave it out in the light for a short time and it will come right on. I know not the best plan being in the dark corner if you haven't intruder but it is what it is so what tells me I solar panel seems to work.
Only let that happen once and try to get it now in the light for a period of time for at least every couple weeks.

GB1

D
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
D
I had an early series, maybe a 4 something, it played hell with my astigmatism.

I read these new 5 series are much easier on the eyes of someone with mild astigmatism. I have been wanting one without the solar array, but the made in China deal is the main factor I haven't purchased one.

NRA Endowed Patron Life Benefactor
GOA Life Member
TSRA Life Member
NSCA Life Member
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Darryle
I have been wanting one without the solar array, but the made in China deal is the main factor I haven't purchased one.

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Fugk China.

Originally Posted by 16penny
If you put Taco Bell sauce in your ramen noodles it tastes just like poverty
G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G

I read these new 5 series are much easier on the eyes of someone with mild astigmatism. I have been wanting one without the solar array, but the made in China deal is the main factor I haven't purchased one.

What American made device are you typing on?

IC B2

T
TWR Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
T
If it makes you feel better, Holosun is based in California.

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Originally Posted by ldholton
I've got a 510c on a tactile shotgun . It's held up so far . If I don't use it for a period of time ( 3 months? ) And keep it stored in a dark corner like just inside a closet I have discovered the reticle will not be lit up. Leave it out in the light for a short time and it will come right on. I know not the best plan being in the dark corner if you haven't intruder but it is what it is so what tells me I solar panel seems to work.
Only let that happen once and try to get it now in the light for a period of time for at least every couple weeks.

I read stuff like this a lot and I have to ask.

Why? Why do you turn the optic off or leave it on shake n' bake or WTF option it's called? The battery is going to last a minimum of two years with the dot turned on. That means that even if you skip a birthday it can be left on and in all likelihood, you can skip two more and it will still work just fine.

If it can't, it probably shouldn't be attached to your tactile shotgun.

About a month back I went to an Active Shooter call. As I was walking back to my rig (nothing happened, it was a pack of Black Cats or some schit) I watched a guy turn the Aimpoint on his (spotless) AR to the off position. I couldn't help but laugh and asked him why he's doing that. He just shrugged. I asked him what the battery life on his Aimpoint was and he had no idea. I'm not sure why folks are affixing these things to weapons when they don't understand any of their capabilities but I'd sure like to see it end in the next decade or so.

It's one thing to rack a round or make ready in a hurry, it's quite another to push buttons and play with up/down arrows in prep for shooting something that broke into your house and wants to rape you and your dog.

Something to think about.

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
I have been wanting one without the solar array, but the made in China deal is the main factor I haven't purchased one.

[Linked Image from media.giphy.com]

My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Originally Posted by kingston
Fugk China.

[Linked Image from media.giphy.com]

L
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
L
Originally Posted by deflave

Why? Why do you turn the optic off or leave it on shake n' bake or WTF option it's called? The battery is going to last a minimum of two years with the dot turned on. That means that even if you skip a birthday it can be left on and in all likelihood, you can skip two more and it will still work just fine.

About a month back I went to an Active Shooter call. As I was walking back to my rig (nothing happened, it was a pack of Black Cats or some schit) I watched a guy turn the Aimpoint on his (spotless) AR to the off position. I couldn't help but laugh and asked him why he's doing that. He just shrugged. I asked him what the battery life on his Aimpoint was and he had no idea. I'm not sure why folks are affixing these things to weapons when they don't understand any of their capabilities but I'd sure like to see it end in the next decade or so.

It's one thing to rack a round or make ready in a hurry, it's quite another to push buttons and play with up/down arrows in prep for shooting something that broke into your house and wants to rape you and your dog.

well I'll have to look in the book to see if you can turn it off don't know it's on the shake-a-wake mode but likelihood of me ever needing it in an emergency is quite low where I live there is also lots of other weapons sitting around that are quickly deployable.

IC B3

D
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
D
Originally Posted by GreatWaputi

[Linked Image from texashuntingforum.com]

There is a reason I haven't upgraded my phone

NRA Endowed Patron Life Benefactor
GOA Life Member
TSRA Life Member
NSCA Life Member
J
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
J

"We are sure that most of you are aware that Nokia is indeed a Finnish company and that means a lot of Nokia phones are made in – yes you guessed it – Finland! But not all Nokia phones are made there. In fact, Nokia devices are made everywhere; Hong Kong, Mexico, China, Brazil, Germany, and more"

I got banned on another web site for a debate that happened on this site. That's a first
T
TWR Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
T

well I'll have to look in the book to see if you can turn it off don't know it's on the shake-a-wake mode but likelihood of me ever needing it in an emergency is quite low where I live there is also lots of other weapons sitting around that are quickly deployable.
Does it have a good battery in it? Shake awake is almost instant. Sounds like the battery is dead and it's resorting to the solar power.

L
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
L
Originally Posted by TWR

Does it have a good battery in it? Shake awake is almost instant. Sounds like the battery is dead and it's resorting to the solar power.
it could be dead. I have a stash of them I just never have changed it because just a few minutes of works. And like I said it's not necessarily my own form of defense just something I wanted. Flight pointed out about turning it on and just leaving it on which is okay me I don't care but I'm not sure on that model you can turn it on off or instant on if you have a choice. If it is Dead the original battery which I can't remember if it was already installed in the unit when I got it or in a plastic bag separate didn't last very long.

Last edited by ldholton; 07/07/22.
T
TWR Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
T
Renata batteries are the ones Aimpoint recommends so I use them. If I remember right, the batteries are installed in Holosuns so no telling how long they have been in there.

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage

I think discussing shotguns that serve no real purpose kinda serves no purpose.

I'm not saying this to be an ass hole, but certain forums dictate certain forms of sincerity in discussion.

Unless we all agree that we don't care. Which I'm fine with also.

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage

You didn't type your response on that Nokia.

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Originally Posted by TWR

I doubt it's a battery issue.

T
TWR Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
T
Ya it could be set in auto brightness mode (which sucks no matter the country of origin). I didn’t think about that.

L
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
L
Didn't realize that when having the same sight being discussed on a different type of weapon was an issue.
It is an auto mode but only one time is it acted funky and I think it's cuz it is in the dark for too long and the battery is down weak or bad whatever you want to say. Now that said that might be a drawback to your solar back up because you might not know your battery is dead until it's stored in the dark for a long period of time? Let it charges up enough to turn the reticle on within just a few minutes. So unless grabbed and used immediately someone might not know this I might get it out take it to the range get it back out of a case that sits around for a few minutes you know the drill.

Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

88 members (14idaho, 10gaugemag, 1beaver_shooter, 24HourCampFireGuy50, 300_savage, 14 invisible), 1,366 guests, and 891 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,866
Posts18,478,673
Members73,948
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.