Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4
W
Campfire Tracker
Online Sad
Campfire Tracker
W
Did they like the Acura RDX? If so maybe consider a used Honda Pilot, the more affordable cousin.

My wife has had three, we've had good luck with them, pretty good family vehicle.

C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
Originally Posted by dale06
A friend is on his second Highlander, and likes them a lot. I’m pretty large and would not want for long distance travel for me, not roomy enough.
I’m 6-3 280 and have lots of room .

Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by WYcoyote
Did they like the Acura RDX? If so maybe consider a used Honda Pilot, the more affordable cousin.

My wife has had three, we've had good luck with them, pretty good family vehicle.
Before we bought the Highlander in '19, we drove all of the similar cars of other brands. The only one that came up to the Highlander for handling and comfort was the Subaru Ascent. However, it was much more expensive because you had to pay extra for everything. With the same stuff as the Highlander, it cost a lot more. The Highlander has heavier springs so it's not as smooth riding as the Ascent but it will haul more weight.

“In a time of deceit telling the truth is a revolutionary act.”
― George Orwell

It's not over when you lose. It's over when you quit.
G
g5m Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
Mine's 11 years old. I don't see any reason to change at this time.

Retired cat herder.

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
I have a bunch of DUIs so I prefer my wife drive whenever possible. She loves her Highlander. It's a 2020 Limited:

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
IC B2

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
We’re over 200k on my wife’s 2011 FWD V-6 Highlander. It’s been a champ. Super-tight interior components. Just a solid machine. Averages around 24-26mpg. We see them everywhere around here. We sold her previous Highlander at 200k miles and probably should have driven it further.

Now with even more aplomb
D
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
D
We have a '17 Highlander Platinum, and love it.

My wife has some physical challenges, so we need the room for a folding power chair and for oxygen equipment. RAV4 was too small for our needs.

On trips, we get about 28 MPG, 6 cylinder engine. It's a very comfortable ride. Coming back from Bear Lake last winter, we were navigating in heavy snow, and AWD was very helpful.

We like the bench middle seat rather than buckets. It allows 3 people in that row.

The rear third seat has never been used.

In my research, two makes of automobiles came to the top: Toyota and Honda. Nissan got ruled out because of poor reliability. We looked at others, but nothing beat the Highlander.

Be not weary in well doing.
O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
Originally Posted by OSU_Sig
Anyone drive one? My daughter & son in law are needing a car. She was hit in Dallas and it totaled her 2015 Acura RDX. They can't afford a new car but are looking at the 2018-19 model years. They will be starting a family in the not to distant future and will need the extra space and back doors.
What do the campfire elders say? Any other recommendations?

They are used for Taxis in NYC. There might not be a better built vehicle in its class.

Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
2 problems with the Highlander...
Every make of car has an SUV that's almost identical. Unless you have a color that's very different than every other SUV in the Walmart parking lot, you'll have a hard time finding it every time you go to town. We were going to put a roof rack on ours but I needed the bars so I bought a pair of aftermarket bars that matched the color. We still haven't bought the rack, but we quickly found out that having those crossbars really helps to find the car in a busy lot. It's high enough so that it sticks up above most other cars.

It sits high which really helps with visibility. However, I'm 6' and I can just barely reach the center of the windshield to clean it. If you're shorter, you might need a stool. A squeegee will reach but if you need to wipe it with a rag, it's a long stretch.

[Linked Image from m.media-amazon.com]

― George Orwell

D
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
D
My wife has resisted me putting a ham antenna on ours. Now I have a good reason!

Be not weary in well doing.
IC B3

K
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
K
On our second. A 2014. No problems except as stated before, the navigation sys sucks.

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Originally Posted by Rock Chuck
Every make of car has an SUV that's almost identical. Unless you have a color that's very different than every other SUV in the Walmart parking lot, you'll have a hard time finding it every time you go to town.

[Linked Image from media.giphy.com]

My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Ben_Lurkin
BIL had one. A 2015. It had lots of electrical bugs. He sold it and bought a Suburban which he likes better. We’ve had two Toyotas. One, a Tacoma, was good til the wife rolled it the second had lots of electrical issues too. We had Tundras at a mining company I worked for. It’s about the toughest environment any vehicle can be in. They definitely didn’t hold up like domestic trucks did. I do really like the Tacoma though. Like most vehicles it depends on application, and a little bit of luck.

Ticket straight to 24hour Toyota Fanboy Hell!

Parents who say they have good kids..Usually don't!
L
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
L
We have a 2018 XLE Highlander, bought it new and now have 40k on it. Yes the GPS is lacking and I have no use for the sunroof but other than that we love it.

B
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
B
We recently purchased our second RDX. The first one was a 2011. It was a good car. The new one has a twin turbo 2 liter engine that makes 272 HP. It's a very solid feeling vehicle and can be ran on regular gas. It's AWD.

I've never owned a Highlander. But I trust anything made by Toyota or Honda. I'm a big fan of Acura products just because they're upscale Hondas and you can buy one for not much more than the comparable Honda and Toyota offerings.

An RDX can be had for about the same price as a comparable Highlander. For the same money, I think the RDX is a better value.

It's hard to go wrong with either of them, however.

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Originally Posted by colvin
The V6 lacks a bit in power , but we didn’t buy it for that but just be aware.

I think they put out 290-300hp.

How fast you need this mother fugker to go? LOL

R
Campfire Ranger
Online Sleepy
Campfire Ranger
R
Originally Posted by deflave
I have a bunch of DUIs so I prefer my wife drive whenever possible. She loves her Highlander. It's a 2020 Limited:

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

does it come with the dog on lap air bag? lol

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Originally Posted by ribka
does it come with the dog on lap air bag? lol

Negative.

Dog safety isn't a big deal to us.

79S Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Bristoe
We recently purchased our second RDX. The first one was a 2011. It was a good car. The new one has a twin turbo 2 liter engine that makes 272 HP. It's a very solid feeling vehicle and can be ran on regular gas. It's AWD.

I've never owned a Highlander. But I trust anything made by Toyota or Honda. I'm a big fan of Acura products just because they're upscale Hondas and you can buy one for not much more than the comparable Honda and Toyota offerings.

An RDX can be had for about the same price as a comparable Highlander. For the same money, I think the RDX is a better value.

It's hard to go wrong with either of them, however.

It was at this time on 9 July 2022 the world found out deflave and bristoe had something in common. Their love for Toyota vehicles..

Originally Posted by Bricktop
Then STFU. The rest of your statement is superflous bullshit with no real bearing on this discussion other than to massage your own ego.

Suckin' on my titties like you wanted me.
Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
The 6 is lacking in power? Just how hot do you need it? Ours will cruise lightly at 80 and if you need to pass in a hurry it'll hit 90 in seconds.

― George Orwell

Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

601 members (16penny, 10gaugeman, 17CalFan, 1Longbow, 10gaugemag, 160user, 65 invisible), 2,470 guests, and 1,348 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,189
Posts18,484,912
Members73,966
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.