Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
J
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
J
Watched a pard lose a 180+ muley in Montana several years ago with his 325 Montana. Failed to feed… still makes me sick

Ping pong balls for the win.
Once you've wrestled everything else in life is easy. Dan Gable
I keep my circle small, I’d rather have 4 quarters than 100 pennies.

Ain’t easy havin pals.
GB1

K
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
K
Originally Posted by AKwolverine
Originally Posted by Synoptic
Originally Posted by bwinters
Let's start here: mag box spring. Order a new one and try it. I had that issue, new mag box spring, feeds well ever since. If I recall correctly, SamO had the same issue once upon a time. New mag box spring fixed it. I've heard of it a couple other times, mostly with the 84L.

I believe you are correct. To my knowledge, the 84M overtook the 84L; most likely due to the aforesaid issue. There were many problems with the 84L from what I read many years ago: including white papers.
[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

Lol.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
I believe you are correct. To my knowledge, the 84M overtook the 84L; most likely due to the aforesaid issue. There were many problems with the 84L from what I read many years ago: including white papers.

As Tom Cruise said - "what?"

White papers? Never happened. I can tell you that with authority - Kimber's Chief Design Engineer at the time was a friend of mine. He designed it a number of years AFTER the 84M was already on the market, so the 84M couldn't "overtake" it. He and I talked about the 84L project before, during and after development. I had one of the first 84L MT's in the country. Like Tariko's issue, occasionally I've heard of an 84L that didn't want to pick up a cartridge. I've seen that only once myself, but it is fixable. There was NOT "many problems" with the 84L, whatever the hell that means.

“Perfection is Achieved Not When There Is Nothing More to Add, But When There Is Nothing Left to Take Away” Antoine de Saint-Exupery
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I've seen alotta Booners sluiced ala Montucky,though only in 84M,84L and 8400,via women and children to boot. Joe Average ain't very fhuqking bright and they reliably like to PROVE same,if only obliviously. Hint.

Fhuqking LAUGHING!..............

Brad says: "Can't fault Rick for his pity letting you back on the fire... but pity it was and remains. Nothing more, nothing less. A sad little man in a sad little dream."
J
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
J
Ya no shiit!! Droppin that kinda scratch on a rifle, then havin to fuuck with it to feed correctly is akin to buying a new truck, and puttin new brakes on it soon as you drive off the lot you poor stupid dummy! 😂😂

Laughing………………………………

Ain’t easy havin pals.
IC B2

C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
Originally Posted by Tarkio
I have a Montana that is my go-to walking-around rifle.

It occasionally has a feeding issue. Seems like years ago, there were threads on fixes for some of the common Montana issues. Can't find it now.

Suggestions?

Do yourself a favor and feed it to a wood chipper.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Best source for replacement springs?

I have a few other Montanas so I’d probably by a couple as a precaution.
If no where else you should be able to get it from Kimber.
When my 84M had a weak firing pin spring that's where I got a replacement.

I am continually astounded at how quickly people make up their minds on little evidence or none at all.
Jack O'Connor
R
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
R
Let's start here: mag box spring.

Almost the same issue with a freshly delivered custom Borden rifle. Mr. Borden hade me remove the barreled action and remove the magazine box. Then load the box with 3 rounds and report where/if the top cartridge appeared dead center of the box. It did not. He had me squeeze the box until it was. Fixed the issue & have not had a single stumble since. He said when new rifles are built, stocked, operated, the magazine box sides can often get very malformed and cause feeding issues. All it took was a gentle squeeze & problem solved.

By the way, in case you missed it, Jeremiah was a bullfrog.
T
Tarkio Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
T
Originally Posted by Cluggins
I have a Montana that is my go-to walking-around rifle.

It occasionally has a feeding issue. Seems like years ago, there were threads on fixes for some of the common Montana issues. Can't find it now.

Suggestions?

Do yourself a favor and feed it to a wood chipper.

Please, pray tell, what your light-weight, packing rifle would be for humping around in the hills around 12-18 miles?

Montana MOFO
T
Tarkio Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
T
Bought the rifle a few years ago for around $1000.

If you think that is a lot of "scratch", then you my friend are pretty sheltered.

Montana MOFO
IC B3

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I go through more than a "few" mag follower springs,mainly because I actually shoot and weather don't aspook me. Hint.

As 84M's go,I'll take OEM 700 follower springs and milled followers both,if only because I shoot it all and then some. Hint.

[Linked Image from hosting.photobucket.com]

There's a few more revisions to go through. Hint.

Pardon Whining Kchunts,being unable to "afford" said wares. Hint

Just sayin'...............

Brad says: "Can't fault Rick for his pity letting you back on the fire... but pity it was and remains. Nothing more, nothing less. A sad little man in a sad little dream."
J
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
J
Liar Larry, judging by pics of your wares, “ house, truck, rifles, yada yada yada, your used to dealing with “shiit”.

Congratulations?? Haha

Fuucking laughing…………………….

PS, per you and the wannabe guide/outfitter, lotsa periods must mean you fuucks are really serious!!!! Haha

……………………………………………

Ain’t easy havin pals.
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
'Course I shoot other than SAAMI chamberings too,which is a perpetual bane to Window Lickers. Hint.

From the hip,I doubt this rifle has eaten more than (5) follower springs,but it's a mainstay. Pardon actual use. Hint.

Fence Hoppers cain't begin to fathom actual use. Hint.

Only brought (1) new rifle home and the Company only announced (1) more $75k bonus today. The snow was piling up and Brownies were running wreckless,yesterday morning. Prolly should soak the new boat in the morning,with the new truck...but Deer Season is only 10 days away. Hint.

Fhuqking LAUGHING!................

J
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
J
And of course the windows ain’t lickin themselves, and the “sluicing” means water, sluicing booners, bears and bucks via boat, you hardcore lying fuucking cuunt!!! 👊🏻 Kudos you hardcore sumbitch you!!! Haha

Oh, the serious players like lotsa periods, real serious badasses!!! Haha

………………………………………

Ain’t easy havin pals.
J
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
J
Great design there bacon throat!!! You carry a extra spring on your kelpbed and Crockett exploits??? Haha

Fuucking laughing……………………………………………………..

Ain’t easy havin pals.
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Them that can't do for themselves,simply "live" vicariously and extoll obliviously,that Imitation is THE most Sincere form of Flattery,as they Whine aloud. Hint.

They can't punctuate for themselves and their Brokedicktitude is a perpetual bane. I'm still trying to "off" the $25K Giving Credit awarded last year,to every employee. 501(c) 3's aren't everywhere. Is Vicariously "Living" Whining Kchunt a "Foundation",to which I might contribute?!? Hint.

Fhuqking LAUGHING!

Be SURE to keep fueling your copious WELL founded Insecurities,by "comparing" yourself to me. Hint.

Long Actions are plagued too. Hint.

[Linked Image from imagizer.imageshack.com]

Fortunately for you,Imagination and Pretend are FREE,so even you can "afford" to "contribute". Hint.

Fhuqking LAUGHING!..........

J
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
J
The lyin bacon throat, fillets for days, no rifles carried, no rifles dunked for show!!! Haha

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

You poor miserable cuunt, trying to stay relevant for the city slickers!!! Keep it up, folks really think Alaska buck huntin is the real deal!!! Haha

Oooops…………………………..

Periods for you and the cuunts that follow suit!! 😂😂

Ain’t easy havin pals.
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I'm "surprised" by your STUPIDITY. Hint.

Montuckies are purty expensive,but you "get" to dream,you "lucky" kchunt. Hint.

Fhuqking LAUGHING!..............

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
If anyone has one of these 84L's that don't feed, I'd happily take it off your hands.

Campfire Member
Campfire Member
Originally Posted by Teal
Let's start here: mag box spring. Order a new one and try it. I had that issue, new mag box spring, feeds well ever since. If I recall correctly, SamO had the same issue once upon a time. New mag box spring fixed it. I've heard of it a couple other times, mostly with the 84L.

The difference AFAIK between an 84M and 84L is their length (intended cartridge class) - they are not different/revisions or progressions of one action with improvements.

* I can test the waters, can I not?
https://www.24hourcampfire.com/ubbthreads/ubbthreads.php/topics/12723289/84l-vs-84m

Romans 3:20 Therefore by the deeds of the law there shall no flesh be justified in his sight: for by the law is the knowledge of sin.
Page 2 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

640 members (12344mag, 06hunter59, 16gage, 10gaugemag, 160user, 12savage, 62 invisible), 2,858 guests, and 1,311 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,644
Posts18,512,374
Members74,010
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.