Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
S
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
S
At 82 five fig newtons and a big coffee!

Outstanding!

Even birds know not to land downwind!
GB1

B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
Originally Posted by JakeBlues
Eat plenty of non starchy veggies with the meat and drink plenty of water. That will keep the food moving through you and your digestive tract will be fine. Also eat less of the processed food.

Amen brother! Almost everything we were told starting in the 70s was WRONG! You can eat tons of fresh veggies, red meat, pork, eggs, cheese, cream, nuts, of course fish and poultry. Non-processed is better. It takes a little longer to prepare your meals, but it's delicious and satisfying. Starch and sugar are essentially the same once consumed, White Death. Stay away from them.

"Blessed is the man whose wife is his best friend - especially if she likes to HUNT!"

"Love the Lord your God with all your heart, soul, mind and strength, and love your neighbor as yourself. There is no commandment greater than these."
O
OGB Offline
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
O
I try to eat "real food". If its in a bag, box, canister or can, its a product, not food.

I know, I know, there are exceptions. I use olive oil, dry beans and canned tomatoes like anyone else but I limit it. Beans, by the way, are a good way to get good carbs and protein and they satiate you so you aren't so tempted to eat things like pasta and bread.

Eliminate sugar.

I try to make protein and greens the bulk of my diet.

What really went a long ways for me was the elimination of alcohol. Your body sees it as sugar and stores it as fat on your organs. Not good.

Also, make a small cheat once a week but don't go off the rails.

Bore size is no substitute for shot placement and
Power is no substitute for bullet performance. 458WIN
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
After losing over 150 lbs off my heaviest and keeping it off over the last 5 years I can tell you its a combination of what you eat and how much you eat.
Weight loss without a long term commitment change of eating habits and lifestyle is a temporary fix. You can lose 30lbs a month but you will gain it right back if you go back to eating the way you did before you lost it. And you will gain it back real quick.
I am on a reduced sugar, fat and carb diet. I cut out most starches and sugars on a daily basis. Am I never going to eat a slice or pizza or a french fry again. Sure I will. But not on a daily or even weekly basis. I don't tell others what will or wont work for them but I can say what has been working for me. I lose between 2-6 lbs a month.

Life can be rough on us dreamers.
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I made the same change on March 25th. I've lost 28 pounds so far and 49 more to go. I started at 276 and now I'm 248. First goal is below 225 and the second one is below 200.

Last edited by WyColoCowboy; 07/18/22.

"And for the support of this Declaration, with a firm reliance on the protection of divine Providence, we mutually pledge to each other our Lives, our Fortunes and our sacred Honor."

[Linked Image]
IC B2

V
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
V
Originally Posted by Beaver10
Take a Statin pill once a day.🦫

Why? It causes liver damage and increases your chances of getting diabetes. High LDL levels isn't the cause of blocked arteries it is a symptom of inflamed arteries. LDL attaches to damaged arteries to protect them from further damage and it also does a lot of other good necessary things. If you have inflamed arteries LDL is going to attach to them no matter what your LDL level is because that's it's job. I had this discussion with my cardiologist last week and he agrees (in private). He is instructed by his employer to prescribe statin drugs to lower LDL levels.

Last edited by victoro; 07/18/22.
O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
Mediterranean diet, intermittent fasting, move the body. Last visit, the doc asked me how I do it.

https://postimg.cc/xXjW1cqx/81efa4c5

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

Soli Deo Gloria

democrats ARE the plague.

H
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
H
Originally Posted by miguel
I have been eating quite a bit of white tuna in water, but i can’t do sardines. Maybe I’ll bump up my tuna intake to offset the deli meats. I also think I’m going to bump up my fruits and berries. I already eat lots of peanuts, almonds and cashews.
With Tuna you get the added bonus of Mercury in your diet.

Its all right to be white!!
Stupidity left unattended will run rampant
Don't argue with stupid people, They will drag you down to their level and then win by experience
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I am going to try light beers for a while. Will let you know if I can take the strain.

Was walking every day but my near by friend moved out of town a year ago and its just me and the wife.....hard to motivate and the daily highs this summer are all over 100 degrees. Mornings can be sweaty....no fun.
I starting doing pushups again, 50 at a time, but need to do them twice a day or more not just once until I like doing them again. Working out with weights hurts my joints so I mostly use one of those sliding inclined pulley Chuck Norris things that works well.

My b-day is 2 months away. Would like to be down 10 pounds and\or at least regain some tone. Cholesterol is super high but it is both numbers.....not going to worry about it. Would love better triglyceride numbers. Eating mostly a single meal a day has helped with gout and I stay hydrated well.

I am thankful I have stairs and take them slowly for stretch, 2 or 3 at a time - mix it up.
Need cardio, need less alcohol......

Eating Mulsi. skim milk , peas with lemon on pita with steamed veggiess.......man... that ain't living.

When a country is well governed, poverty and a mean condition are something to be ashamed of. When a country is ill governed, riches and honors are something to be ashamed of
. Confucius
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
The Paleo or diabetic diet (low glycemic) is the best insurance against weight gain and protects cardiovascular health.

Carbs and sugar didn't enter our diet until the 1600's. By the 1700's diabetes became a thing. By the mid 1900's refined carbs and modified fats (and lots more sugar) entered our diets and cancer and heart disease took over.

What we stuff in our face matters.

Si Vis Pacem, Para Bellum
IC B3

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
S
My Gastroenterologist put it in very simple terms.

Consider yourself a Hunter Gatherer.

If you can kill it, eat it.
If you can grow it, eat it.

If it comes in a box or processed , avoid it.

Give a man a fish and he eats for a day. Give a man a welfare check, a forty ounce malt liquor, a crack pipe, an Obama phone, free health insurance. and some Air Jordan's and he votes Democrat for a lifetime.
O
OGB Offline
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
O
Originally Posted by STRSWilson
The Paleo or diabetic diet (low glycemic) is the best insurance against weight gain and protects cardiovascular health.

Carbs and sugar didn't enter our diet until the 1600's. By the 1700's diabetes became a thing. By the mid 1900's refined carbs and modified fats (and lots more sugar) entered our diets and cancer and heart disease took over.

What we stuff in our face matters.

Yep

Bore size is no substitute for shot placement and
Power is no substitute for bullet performance. 458WIN
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Sub something else for the processed bacon & deli meats, other than that, keep doing what you're doing.

I'm in the camp of "only putting natural things in my body - For the most part.

That & portion control - small protein portion, lots vege / produce.

Paul.

"Kids who grow up hunting, fishing & trapping, do not mug little old Ladies"
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by steve4102

^^^^^^^^^^YES^^^^^^^^^^

Paul.

"Kids who grow up hunting, fishing & trapping, do not mug little old Ladies"
P
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
P
Originally Posted by tylerw02
You can be overweight and hard on yourself eating the right foods. Weight is more about how much you eat than what you eat. You can be at a healthy weight eating nothing but twinkies. Eat a balanced diet and count your calories.

Cut out sugar and sweets.

Replace carbs with vegetables.

Cut out junk food, and avoid fat.

If you must have something sweet, eat fruit or a PBJ on wheat.

Don't eat a big dinner.

Booze is empty calories and destroys willpower.

Eat until you are not hungry, not until you are stuffed.

Those all helped me.

Last edited by plumbum; 07/18/22.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by steve4102

I can grow wheat, but if I eat it, I better stay within a short distance of a crapper the next day. I can grow corn, potatoes and beans, but if I eat that, I can't get out of my own way to get things done for days.

Sic Semper Tyrannis
L
las Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
L
I eat any damned thing I want. But maybe only once daily meals. With ice cream for desert after dinner. Sometimes breakfast or lunch if I'm feeling peckish or doing hard physical labor.

Doc says I should cut out red meat, dairy..., etc- until he looks at the "good" cholesterol. fug 'em.

I'm 6' tall, 150 # soaking wet, and my wife thinks I should eat more. I can't keep up with the left-overs.

I'm fine.....

You poor bastids..... smile

God's probably gonna get me for this....

Last edited by las; 07/18/22.

The only true cost of having a dog is its death.

T
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
T
I've had higher than normal blood pressure for 40+ years and could use to loose some weight. After back, neck and shoulder surgery I've definitely slowed down. Just get off the couch, do what you want no matter how much it hurts, eat whatever you want and live life, tomorrow is not guaranteed.

Life is good live it while you can.
B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
I have been on a low carb diet for 15 years. Works for me. Lost 30 pounds and feel better. Used to have gout. When I went low carb it went away and never came back.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by dale06
I’m not a dietitian, but I believe all these diets are not sustainable and likely not healthy.
In my “opinion” a balanced diet of vegetables, fruits, grains, and meats are the way to go.
It’s not so much what you eat, but how much you eat, relative to your physical activity, exercise.

The diets of most people, based on carbs from grains and stuff like potatoes, and full of added sugar, are what’s not sustainable. Low-carb diets like Keto retrain your system to get energy from protein and fats. Take the Food Pyramid and chop off the base section with all the grain crap, remove the extracted seed oils, and you’ve got the right idea.

What fresh Hell is this?
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

557 members (1234, 1beaver_shooter, 219 Wasp, 12344mag, 007FJ, 1lessdog, 63 invisible), 2,451 guests, and 1,233 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,939
Posts18,519,044
Members74,020
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.