Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 10 1 2 3 4 9 10
G
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
G
I see, another 24hourcampfire shoot, 40 yards offhand at silhouette target, 10 rounds as fast as possible, got it.

Trump Won!
GB1

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
One should annotate holster, carry type, or if they're starting from the ready.

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
B
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
B
Originally Posted by gunner500
I see, another 24hourcampfire shoot, 40 yards offhand at silhouette target, 10 rounds as fast as possible, got it.

That's what I thought.. Blue can clarify if his intention was only CCW's or what. I think the specifics of the good guy vs. bad guy shoot in Indiana are still up in the air as to how far his shots actually were. Now some reports are saying 25 yards, some people are saying he was using a pole for support. I also don't imagine he was actually pulling the pistol out from his holster and then at that second pulling the trigger. At least I would not be. Pistola would already be in hands as I proceeded toward the POS. A low ready hold as you will... The pistola I shot a 7.12 second string with is the only one that I actually used a concealed holster with. It has a thumb latch that is quick. The same as what I trained with for quals with the G22 in 2 states. With that time, the first shot time was slow by comparison to the others where I just use a low hold until timer went off. No support either. Regardless, he put the bad pos down and saved countless lives. The guy deserves a medal at the least. So, no one else wants to shoot this event? I did it and I don't consider myself a "pistol" shooter. Competitive rifle shooter and watch out, I've been known to take money with my shotgun, but not a pistol shooter per se.. Others should be able to beat my scores.. Come on, anyone from Uvalde Texas?? Yeah I'm a bullschidt artist aint I?

Originally Posted by raybass
I try to stick with the basics, they do so well. Nothing fancy mind you, just plain jane will get it done with style.
Originally Posted by Pharmseller
You want to see an animal drop right now? Shoot him in the ear hole.

BSA MAGA
B
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
B
Originally Posted by deflave

CRY...

I try to stick with the basics, they do so well. Nothing fancy mind you, just plain jane will get it done with style.

BSA MAGA
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Originally Posted by bsa1917hunter

CRY...

I'm sorry.

Is that not pertinent information?

My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
IC B2

Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
10 rounds as fast as possible, got it.

10 rounds as accurate as you can in 12 seconds.

Originally Posted by SBTCO
your flippant remarks which you so adeptly sling
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter

CRY...

I'm sorry.

Is that not pertinent information?

I would think it is. And actually shooting it with your carry gun.

Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
The idea is to shoot your carry gun from the draw to simulate the mall shooting. But if folks wanna use their “good” gun at least this got them to shooting.

It’s a frustrating thing though for someone who preaches to carry a real gun. Everybody carries Shields and 642s, but they pull out 17s and post pics of 6” slow fire wheel guns if their reputation is on the line.

At least people are shooting. I guess that’s a win.

79S Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

That's what I thought.. Blue can clarify if his intention was only CCW's or what. I think the specifics of the good guy vs. bad guy shoot in Indiana are still up in the air as to how far his shots actually were. Now some reports are saying 25 yards, some people are saying he was using a pole for support. I also don't imagine he was actually pulling the pistol out from his holster and then at that second pulling the trigger. At least I would not be. Pistola would already be in hands as I proceeded toward the POS. A low ready hold as you will... The pistola I shot a 7.12 second string with is the only one that I actually used a concealed holster with. It has a thumb latch that is quick. The same as what I trained with for quals with the G22 in 2 states. With that time, the first shot time was slow by comparison to the others where I just use a low hold until timer went off. No support either. Regardless, he put the bad pos down and saved countless lives. The guy deserves a medal at the least. So, no one else wants to shoot this event? I did it and I don't consider myself a "pistol" shooter. Competitive rifle shooter and watch out, I've been known to take money with my shotgun, but not a pistol shooter per se.. Others should be able to beat my scores.. Come on, anyone from Uvalde Texas?? Yeah I'm a bullschidt artist aint I?

Oh lord,,,,,, when you go straight to a “low ready” you have taking yourself out of the fight… out of holster pistol up ready to engage…

Originally Posted by Bricktop
Then STFU. The rest of your statement is superflous bullshit with no real bearing on this discussion other than to massage your own ego.

Suckin' on my titties like you wanted me.
T
TWR Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
T
I work for a living but intend to shoot it this weekend. Already had something similar planned since Monday when my shooting buddy came by and said 80% at 36 yards on the shooter without hitting anyone else....

There's a lot more to what really happened regardless of what we know or don't know. Accuracy matters. Engaging the bad guy matters. Seeking out the best path to killing the bad guy matters.

It's more than shooting as fast as you can.

IC B3

O
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
O
Thank God it's almost back to school time. BSA1917 can get a good price on binders to store the targets for future Fire posts.

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage

This got weird awfully fast.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by Bluedreaux
BSA suggested a 40 yard shooting match so I'll get it started.

40 yards / 10 rounds / 12 second par time
(From what I understand it was 15 seconds from the bad guy's first shot to the good guy's last shot. Subtracting 3 seconds for an initial reaction and finding the bad guy seems reasonable.)

Use your carry gun. If you shoot it on steel just count your hits.

Unless you have shot competitively, only around 1% of us on this forum, will be able to do this. I call BS on anything else.

Every two years I have to shoot for score to retain my CCW here in PRK. It's a 7 yard target 20 rounds with no time limit, 80% hit ratio. People that are not shooting regularly or do not shoot competitively regularly fail on first try. And some have to come back to try again.

I think less than .0001% of the nation can do what this shooter did.

Last edited by mrmarklin; 07/22/22.
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
i enjoy the Girl Park Play Pretend Paper "Killer" Chronicles and the Estrogen you gals frost same with...mainly because it's FUNNIER than fhuqk. Hint.

I've not seen a Bear since 10 minutes ago and pavement is far "safer". Hint. Fhuqking LAUGHING!

Poor poor(literally) Beezer lives for the archaeic and don't FORGET how very fhuqking "REAL" her Imagination and Pretend are to her. Ask her what she "does",for a "living". Hint.

So don't be "mean" and discourage her "Reality",while she's "loading" 108's in her "heralded" 6x45 upper and "setting" "the pace",with her GoogleFu. Hint.

[Linked Image from imagizer.imageshack.com]

She's a Professional "Victim" and her stapler is "legit". Hint.

Fhuqking LAUGHING!...............

Brad says: "Can't fault Rick for his pity letting you back on the fire... but pity it was and remains. Nothing more, nothing less. A sad little man in a sad little dream."
79S Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by TWR
I work for a living but intend to shoot it this weekend. Already had something similar planned since Monday when my shooting buddy came by and said 80% at 36 yards on the shooter without hitting anyone else....

There's a lot more to what really happened regardless of what we know or don't know. Accuracy matters. Engaging the bad guy matters. Seeking out the best path to killing the bad guy matters.

It's more than shooting as fast as you can.

Don’t forget twirling the pistol on yo finger before you and after you shoot..

Originally Posted by Bricktop
Then STFU. The rest of your statement is superflous bullshit with no real bearing on this discussion other than to massage your own ego.

Suckin' on my titties like you wanted me.
M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
Until Dicken talks about it or the video is released none of us really knows how it all went down. The leos seemed to think he acted in an appropriate manner. So we speculate till we know but the one rule of a gunfight is to survive it. With the perp allready killing people all the other considerations of his "rights go out the window". Like others I hope to see released video of it so we can see the facts not just hear the msm version of it. Practice is allways good. Like others here my practice has allways been defensive 7-12 yards never thinking much about what Dicken had to do from longer range. I am now. So I threw the rule book away
I used a copier paper target 8.5" w 11" white with a 3 3/4" black bullseye in the middle of it. 25 yds to start , cheated again used my high standard Victor 2 hand hold raised it snapped off the safety. 6-7 seconds later and 10 rounds done pull the.mag and seat mag 2 and go to it again. I put 50 rds of federal auto match outta of that barrel in damned short order. 46 hits out of 50 shots on the paper only 20% in the black. Yet that piece of paper is smaller than the silhouette targets lethal zone. No I didn't use a pole rest or a 9mm. Wanted to shoot the Victor even though I don't use it as a carry gun. I'll switch to my Mk 2 5.5" bull barrel I do carry that in the field with a good belt holster. 22lr? Damn cheap to shoot for practice and once I am tuned a bit I'll switch to one of my ccw. 9's. Make your own rules just like Eli Dicken had too....mb

" Cheapest velocity in the world comes from a long barrel and I sure do like them. MB "
G
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
G
10 rounds as fast as possible, got it.

10 rounds as accurate as you can in 12 seconds.

Yep, 10-4 Blue and BSA.

Trump Won!
T
TWR Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
T
Well here goes;
Glock 19 MOS with HS 507C
[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]
Glock 19 iron sights
Dan Wesson Vigil 9mm light weight commander
Only 9 shots on the DW. 40 yards from the draw.

B
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
B
The idea is to shoot your carry gun from the draw to simulate the mall shooting. But if folks wanna use their “good” gun at least this got them to shooting.

It’s a frustrating thing though for someone who preaches to carry a real gun. Everybody carries Shields and 642s, but they pull out 17s and post pics of 6” slow fire wheel guns if their reputation is on the line.

At least people are shooting. I guess that’s a win.

My girlfriend carries a G17. The CZ I used is the same size. In your OP, you do not specify "carry gun". This is a good shoot, but would be much better without the fu cking whining and crying. I pulled my 4006 from my concealed holster. The rest were held low. That is pretty explainable. This is why my first shot is SLOW.
[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

Watch some Youtube videos. There's a few on there now over this shoot. Those guys are really slow. If it's taking you 3-5 seconds to get on target and pull the trigger, the bad guy may have enough time to take YOU out.. Just a thought.. Those that are crying about chidt, are the ones that need more practice because in a situation like this there is no second place. Unless you like being dead..

I'm also suspecting from the stupid remarks here, that a lot of you guys have never heard of the "21 foot rule". How many here have even trained for that scenario??? It is a proven fact that a lot of bad guys can get to you with a knife in 1.5-2 seconds if they are within 21 feet. That's another reason a first shot time is critical. You guys need to be consistently on target in less time than that. Also Blue, I did not specify "carry gun" in the thread I started. I'm imagining Eli had a G19 or even a G17, but some reports are saying he had a 357 sig, so who knows?? Could have been a G22 even if that were the case. He was also shooting from a supported position. You can also guarantee he had his pistol drawn and way ready before the timer of 15 seconds started. Only a fool in that situation would not be ready with pistol in hand as he approached the perp. We need to wait on the video to be released, but many may be surprised if it was less than 40 yards and that 15 seconds was when the actual shooting started.. That is yet to be seen by anyone here, so we will have to wait and see..

BSA MAGA
O
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
O
I'm using a Defiance action, Rock 5r 308 for mine with a 10 round AICS magazine, because Blue didn't specify. More targets for my binder.

Page 2 of 10 1 2 3 4 9 10

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

532 members (1minute, 06hunter59, 10Glocks, 160user, 01Foreman400, 1badf350, 71 invisible), 2,422 guests, and 1,128 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,701
Posts18,513,801
Members74,010
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.