Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 10 1 2 3 4 5 9 10
79S Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Well since carry gun was not specified I’m going to use my AR Pistol in a 300 BO.

Originally Posted by Bricktop
Then STFU. The rest of your statement is superflous bullshit with no real bearing on this discussion other than to massage your own ego.

Suckin' on my titties like you wanted me.
GB1

O
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
O
Originally Posted by 79S
Well since carry gun was not specified I’m going to use my AR Pistol in a 300 BO.

Standby for more BSA targets.

M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
Originally Posted by 79S

Why not? Other than someone will see it and identify you as a perp, prolly take your ass out with a Hi-point. Sorry couldn't resist..mb

" Cheapest velocity in the world comes from a long barrel and I sure do like them. MB "
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I must be missing something because in Blu's very first post it clearly says to use your carry gun. And that would make the most sense anyway, to use the gun you actually carry concealed and not a range toy or gamer gun set up for competitions.

Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats.
79S Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Magnum_Bob
Originally Posted by 79S

Why not? Other than someone will see it and identify you as a perp, prolly take your ass out with a Hi-point. Sorry couldn't resist..mb

No man I’m going to use it for this latest 24 hour challenge.

Then STFU. The rest of your statement is superflous bullshit with no real bearing on this discussion other than to massage your own ego.

IC B2

Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Bluedreaux
Use your carry gun.

And actually shooting it with your carry gun.

Originally Posted by bsa1917hunter
Pistol used CZ P09 9mm. One of my favorites. I use this one at my clubs bowling pin matches.

I used my XDM40

Great pistola.

They are a little big for any kind of precision shooting..

The idea is to shoot your carry gun from the draw to simulate the mall shooting.

My girlfriend carries a G17. The CZ I used is the same size. In your OP, you do not specify "carry gun".

This is a good shoot, but would be much better without the fu cking whining and crying.

Originally Posted by SBTCO
your flippant remarks which you so adeptly sling
T
TWR Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
T
Typical campfire

79S Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
BSA suggested a 40 yard shooting match so I'll get it started.

40 yards / 10 rounds / 12 second par time
(From what I understand it was 15 seconds from the bad guy's first shot to the good guy's last shot. Subtracting 3 seconds for an initial reaction and finding the bad guy seems reasonable.)

Use your carry gun. If you shoot it on steel just count your hits.

Well son of a biscuit it does say use your carry gun… for me I usually have a Glock 20 around but very rarely do I conceal carry. I don’t go to malls, very rarely eat out, the local grocery store half the people in their are carrying. So when the bullets start flying I will hit the ground and let everyone shoot at each other. Or make my way to the beef jerky aisle and eat beef jerky for free.

Last edited by 79S; 07/23/22.

M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
Jesus 79s that sounds kinda like a knee jerky deal to me...mb lol

" Cheapest velocity in the world comes from a long barrel and I sure do like them. MB "
G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
Use your carry gun.

And actually shooting it with your carry gun.

Pistol used CZ P09 9mm. One of my favorites. I use this one at my clubs bowling pin matches.

I used my XDM40

Great pistola.

They are a little big for any kind of precision shooting..

The idea is to shoot your carry gun from the draw to simulate the mall shooting.

My girlfriend carries a G17. The CZ I used is the same size. In your OP, you do not specify "carry gun".

This is a good shoot, but would be much better without the fu cking whining and crying.

i'll quote this because many wont read it, either

The government plans these shootings by targeting kids from kindergarten that the government thinks they can control with drugs until the appropriate time--DerbyDude

Whatever. Tell the oompa loompa's hey for me. [/quote]. LtPPowell

IC B3

B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
Originally Posted by TWR
Typical campfire

How so?

When I read the OP, I took it to mean your carry gun as you carry it. Not the heaviest, lowest recoiling pistol in your safe from the low ready. Kinda defeats the point. I don't get the foot stomping dramatic outbursts. But hey, whatever lets a guy put up the target he's willing to share lol

MAGA
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Guess I'll have to find the timer and drive to my buddies in Alice Tx to try it when I get time, also shoot the 220 swift, no place here in Corpus for me to shoot.

God bless Texas-----------------------
Old 300
I will remain what i am until the day I die- A HUNTER......Sitting Bull
Its not how you pick the booger..
but where you put it !!
Roger V Hunter
79S Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by stxhunter
Guess I'll have to find the timer and drive to my buddies in Alice Tx to try it when I get time, also shoot the 220 swift, no place here in Corpus for me to shoot.

Uh in the air…

M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
It's all relative, no set rules just be honest enough to say your actual results are and how you got them as well as what you used. Think about it Dicken just responded to the situation. None of us know exactly what that was and won't until the security cam footage is released. I shoot different distances all the time with all my handguns but with my ccw guns 7-12 yards. Pull it out go to shooting we've all been preprogrammed to that use as a self defense situation . With worries of legal repercussions using lethal force to neutralize the threat. In Dicken's case the perp came out of the bathroom shooting people, Dicken responded and engaged the perp at a range way beyond what leo's would have considered in a normal sd shooting. No chance to safely retreat and the only defense option he had was to go on the offense. He did that with skill and results beyond a normal ccw holder. To gain those skills make your own rules just be honest of your results.
The leftist antigun asswipes in our country today have maintained that people legally carrying a ccw will result in more crime but we all know they are full of sh*t they hate guns and will say anything to further their agenda. So now we have clear cut example of a honest citizen ccw holder clearly showing how the armed public can save innocent lives. We don't know how far this will go , but it looks to me that those 9mm empties hitting the floor in Greenwood mall got heard around the whole country. In liberal states and cities they didn't hear a thing. People who know right from wrong heard it loud and clear. Practice, build your skills, be prepared to stand and be counted for defending the innocent...mb

Last edited by Magnum_Bob; 07/23/22.

79S Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
When I get my lorcin out of the pawn shop. I will show you all how it’s done. I better go find my uncle mikes holster..

Last edited by 79S; 07/23/22.

M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
79 will that sob lorcin be any better than a raven?

S
SLM Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
S
The smarter you try to sound, the dumber you are.

You are probably the only one that doesn’t realize it.

The idea is to shoot your carry gun from the draw to simulate the mall shooting. But if folks wanna use their “good” gun at least this got them to shooting.

It’s a frustrating thing though for someone who preaches to carry a real gun. Everybody carries Shields and 642s, but they pull out 17s and post pics of 6” slow fire wheel guns if their reputation is on the line.

At least people are shooting. I guess that’s a win.

My girlfriend carries a G17. The CZ I used is the same size. In your OP, you do not specify "carry gun". This is a good shoot, but would be much better without the fu cking whining and crying. I pulled my 4006 from my concealed holster. The rest were held low. That is pretty explainable. This is why my first shot is SLOW.
[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

Watch some Youtube videos. There's a few on there now over this shoot. Those guys are really slow. If it's taking you 3-5 seconds to get on target and pull the trigger, the bad guy may have enough time to take YOU out.. Just a thought.. Those that are crying about chidt, are the ones that need more practice because in a situation like this there is no second place. Unless you like being dead..

I'm also suspecting from the stupid remarks here, that a lot of you guys have never heard of the "21 foot rule". How many here have even trained for that scenario??? It is a proven fact that a lot of bad guys can get to you with a knife in 1.5-2 seconds if they are within 21 feet. That's another reason a first shot time is critical. You guys need to be consistently on target in less time than that. Also Blue, I did not specify "carry gun" in the thread I started. I'm imagining Eli had a G19 or even a G17, but some reports are saying he had a 357 sig, so who knows?? Could have been a G22 even if that were the case. He was also shooting from a supported position. You can also guarantee he had his pistol drawn and way ready before the timer of 15 seconds started. Only a fool in that situation would not be ready with pistol in hand as he approached the perp. We need to wait on the video to be released, but many may be surprised if it was less than 40 yards and that 15 seconds was when the actual shooting started.. That is yet to be seen by anyone here, so we will have to wait and see..

I
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I
Wasn't sure how this would go, I had mixed ammo in my carry gun because I had shot a couple of Ground squirrels yesterday but wanted to give it a try anyway. Didn't feel too bad but my carry gun in a 7 round Walther PPS 9mm so I didn't run the clock, wasn't even sure I would hit it except the gun shoots pretty good with 128 gr HP cast. Problem was I only had two, the others were 120 gr TC cast. I hit it 5 out of 7, you see the taped holes on the target. I'll try again tomorrow.
The other gun I tried was my S&W M&P 2.0, again I had to use the 120 gr TC cast bullets & they shot fine but low compared to the 128 gr HP's. I fired 9 rounds, hitting with 7 & the 10th round stove piped. This load seemed a bit light for the S&W.
Dick

M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
Well you shot his balls off good enough to disrupt his aim. Try some of the various 147 gr loads they work for me...mb

A
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
A
Originally Posted by gunner500
I see, another 24hourcampfire shoot, 40 yards offhand at silhouette target, 10 rounds as fast as possible, got it.

That's what I thought.. Blue can clarify if his intention was only CCW's or what. I think the specifics of the good guy vs. bad guy shoot in Indiana are still up in the air as to how far his shots actually were. Now some reports are saying 25 yards, some people are saying he was using a pole for support. I also don't imagine he was actually pulling the pistol out from his holster and then at that second pulling the trigger. At least I would not be. Pistola would already be in hands as I proceeded toward the POS. A low ready hold as you will... The pistola I shot a 7.12 second string with is the only one that I actually used a concealed holster with. It has a thumb latch that is quick. The same as what I trained with for quals with the G22 in 2 states. With that time, the first shot time was slow by comparison to the others where I just use a low hold until timer went off. No support either. Regardless, he put the bad pos down and saved countless lives. The guy deserves a medal at the least. So, no one else wants to shoot this event? I did it and I don't consider myself a "pistol" shooter. Competitive rifle shooter and watch out, I've been known to take money with my shotgun, but not a pistol shooter per se.. Others should be able to beat my scores.. Come on, anyone from Uvalde Texas?? Yeah I'm a bullschidt artist aint I?

You are…..

Page 3 of 10 1 2 3 4 5 9 10

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

563 members (1badf350, 10Glocks, 10gaugemag, 17CalFan, 1234, 58 invisible), 2,629 guests, and 1,282 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,718
Posts18,514,183
Members74,010
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.