Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by ol_mike
Any neighborhood that would let 20 dogs roam free around their neighborhood is one big crap-hole.
Wandering pitbulls, no way.

You'd think someone in the neighborhood would have a Ruger 10-22 and a couple or three ten round magazines, wouldn't you? One half box of CCI MiniMags would handle the problem with alacrity and dispatch. whistle

L.W.

"Always go straight forward, and if you meet the devil, cut him in two and go between the pieces." (William Sturgis, clipper ship captain, 1830s.)
GB1

O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
Yep, a CZ 452 bolt w/suppressor, 40gr. solid @ 1050 fps would also make a good tool for the job.

PRESIDENT TRUMP 2024/2028 !!!!!!!!!!

Posted by Bristoe
The people wringing their hands over Trump's rhetoric don't know what time it is in America.
T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T
Worthless breed that should be killed on sight.

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~

3-7-77
J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J
Originally Posted by Beaver10
Originally Posted by slumlord
Always wanted to stab one with a pitchfork. Pick his ass up off the ground.

Dad was gardening one summer when he spooked a large momma possum with a pack of babes. He planted his pitch fork into the moms back and stuck her to the ground. Then he went into the shed and brought out his hatchet and went Halloween on her remaining kids.

I was 7 years old watching that massacre. Kewl!

Lol

🦫

Way-back flashback.....pitchfork, possum, dog.

My senior year in high school. Don't remember what happened that day but we got home after dark and I'm going to the barn to feed and put out hay. Carrying a Coleman lantern. I walk in the barn, take the top off the first 55 gallon drum that's sitting on a raised pallet, to get feed and I hear something rustling right under the barrel. I'm sure it's a possum as we're constantly at war with them. I grab the pitchfork and step back ready to harpoon that motherluver as soon as it crawls out from under the pallet....but a little pup crawls out. If I'd had a crappy little flashlight instead of the lantern it probably would have gotten the fork.

After feeding I took the dog up to the house. My sister gave it the flea/tick bath and I used a plastic sandbox shovel to clean all the ticks out of the bathtub after the bath. Dog became "THE" family dog until she died of old age.

V
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
V
A friend of mine in Texas said her dog got killed the other day by a pit crossbreed. She sent me a pic, poor border collie.

IC B2

K
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
K
Yep, a CZ 452 bolt w/suppressor, 40gr. solid @ 1050 fps would also make a good tool for the job.

PMR 30 would be a good choice

if a man speaks, and there isn't a woman around to hear him, is he still wrong?

J
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
J
Originally Posted by chlinstructor
Originally Posted by hanco
How bout a little 9 or .380

Yep. Beats the schitt out of a stick.

You aren't going to stop one pit bull with a stick. A neighbors pit bull attacked my horse as was loading her into a trailer. I hit that pit with a hoe handle. Pit never reacted to being hit. I had to use my pistol to disengage the attack

I got banned on another web site for a debate that happened on this site. That's a first
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Rancher buddy had a cow in an enlosure that was getting harrassed by a mix one . Two teen age girls walking it with no leash. H chased it off and it mimmediately attacked a small dog of the neighbors on their porch before returning to my friend's cow which it grabbed by the nose. He couldn't knock it off so he went in and got his shotgun, backed up a good ways with the girls behind him and peppered that dog's ass. Short time later a pickup comes skidding to stop in his drive and a guy starts pointing a finger at him shouting "you shot my dog". My buddy said "you mean the one roaming free attacking my cow and neighbors pet- hell yeah I shot it. If it comes back it wont be returning". The two jockeyed around each other waiting to see who was going to throw first punch before my friends wife ran out to tell him she had called the sheriff anfd to get the "F" outta there. Guy drove off. Bit later his unhappy wife pulls up with the girls complaining they could have been hurt. Buddy explained to her had them behind him, he offered them a ride home, offered them a collar and leash and that the dog had returned and to look at the nose on his cow. She asked the girls if that was true, they nodded.
Lady sighed and said that was a bit different story than what she was led to believe. She apologized for the incident and said her husband would not be returning.

He has had new born calves get circled by dogs of various breeds that come from a trailer park not far off. Somehow some of those dogs must have,,,,run away......or something. Owners saying they missed their dogs.

When a country is well governed, poverty and a mean condition are something to be ashamed of. When a country is ill governed, riches and honors are something to be ashamed of
. Confucius
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Any neighborhood that would let 20 dogs roam free around their neighborhood is one big crap-hole.
Wandering pitbulls, no way.
That would have described the neighborhood where my cattle are pastured, a rural ghetto of 7 or 8 trailer houses on about 70 acres adjoining our place. Pits, Chows, Husky, and a mixture of Catahoula Cur hybrids with Pit predominating.

Patriotism (and religion) is the last refuge of a scoundrel.

Jesus: "Take heed that no man deceive you."
Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
If people have a neighborhood where a pack unkempt dogs roam freely, why do they wait until a horrific tragedy occurs to be all up in arms?

Maybe the initial threshold to act would have 1,2 roaming free range pit bulls.

Being drunk off your ass, lazy and swiggin piss warm 40oz on your porch is no excuse

IC B3

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
Just one more reason to carry all the time.

jpb Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Always wanted to stab one with a pitchfork. Pick his ass up off the ground.
Slumlord,

I like they way you think!

By the way, that is a great visual image as well! smile

[Linked Image from gazettereview.com]

John

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Pits wandering onto my place are gonna die.

I am..........disturbed.

Concerning the difference between man and the jackass: some observers hold that there isn't any. But this wrongs the jackass. -Twain

W
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
W
Originally Posted by DigitalDan
Pits wandering onto my place are gonna die.

Copy that.

And pheasant eatin' cats too.

P
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
P
Originally Posted by jwp475

You aren't going to stop one pit bull with a stick. A neighbors pit bull attacked my horse as was loading her into a trailer. I hit that pit with a hoe handle. Pit never reacted to being hit. I had to use my pistol to disengage the attack
My friend whacked one on the head with a pick-axe handle. Said it was a good hit, both eyes popped out and he went ded quick. Dog had nipped his toddler.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by ElAhrairah
Originally Posted by AKwolverine
All you pitbull haters are just [bleep]. Could have just as easily been seven golden retrievers.

If the poor bastard had a tennis ball.

Yeah, and it could just as easily be a gang of white people looting nike stores when a criminal gets shot by a cop. But it never is.
No, it NEVER is...

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by Plumdog
Originally Posted by jwp475

My friend whacked one on the head with a pick-axe handle. Said it was a good hit, both eyes popped out and he went ded quick. Dog had nipped his toddler.
I whacked one to the neck bone with a pretty dull machete and saw it a few days later on the next street over, big ol wound but it didn't seem to mind.

God bless Texas-----------------------
Old 300
I will remain what i am until the day I die- A HUNTER......Sitting Bull
Its not how you pick the booger..
but where you put it !!
Roger V Hunter
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
If people have a neighborhood where a pack unkempt dogs roam freely, why do they wait until a horrific tragedy occurs to be all up in arms?

Maybe the initial threshold to act would have 1,2 roaming free range pit bulls.

Being drunk off your ass, lazy and swiggin piss warm 40oz on your porch is no excuse
At one time you doubted I had whacked 150 to 200 pitbull and their hybrids in the last 30+ years. I have.

Patriotism (and religion) is the last refuge of a scoundrel.

Jesus: "Take heed that no man deceive you."
O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
Guy & Son at the local gun-range said he averages a cocky dangerous dog about every other week.

Son, mid 20's said yep he had killed at least 10 dogs in the last 6 months that were monkeying with their livestock. He said they always go after his little sisters pony first.

Dad was a go-getter type, 72 years old with a 7 year old daughter, young teen daughter, and the son I met.

PRESIDENT TRUMP 2024/2028 !!!!!!!!!!

Posted by Bristoe
The people wringing their hands over Trump's rhetoric don't know what time it is in America.
R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R
The same type of folks that always get angry when somebody talks bad about pit bulls after a child is torn to shreds, are the same type that think their perfect dog would never do that.... It is also what the pit bull owners in stories like this always think. They think that right up until the dog rips out somebody's throat......and sometimes even after.....

Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

80 members (6MMWASP, 260Remguy, 257_X_50, 450yukon, 79S, 907brass, 10 invisible), 1,554 guests, and 952 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,757
Posts18,476,390
Members73,942
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.