Campfire Outfitter
OP Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
P
Found a free quitclaim program online.

Might just do the trick.

Thanks for the direction.

P

Obey lawful commands. Video interactions. Hold bad cops accountable. Problem solved.

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~

Member #547
Join date 3/09/2001

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
Originally Posted by Pharmseller
Found a free quitclaim program online.

Might just do the trick.

Thanks for the direction.

P
It will. It will be examined a bit more closely later in the chain of title, say when or if your daughter sells the property. I’d probably put your daughters maiden name or put language that I quit claim to my daughter and her husband….

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
You are allowed to give property, as a gift, but only up to a certain dollar value per year. If you go over that dollar value, the receiver has to pay taxes.

It's common around these parts for the parents to give the kids so much land per year, keeping it under the taxable amount, and keep doing that, until the kids own it all.

Last edited by Oldman03; 07/27/22. Reason: kant spel

Old Turd- Deplorable- Unrepentant Murderer- Domestic Violent Extremist

Just "Campfire Riffraff and Trash"

This will be my last post! Flave 1/3/21
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by MuskegMan
Originally Posted by plumbum
If the property is huntable, I might know a guy who will draft something up for you in exchange for a little hunting access.

Is 10 Acres huntable? Put one of those feeders dead center, I suppose.

Guys hunting from a bird perch could place several stands on 10 wooded acres. Around here, most of those perches only hunt maybe 5 or 10 acres
all year.

Thick, spending all day on your ass, you only see an acre or two.

Big question, is it the right couple acres?

Parents who say they have good kids..Usually don't!
L
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
L
Originally Posted by Oldman03
You are allowed to give property, as a gift, but only up to a certain dollar value per year. If you go over that dollar value, the receiver has to pay taxes.

It's common around these parts for the parents to give the kids so much land per year, keeping it under the taxable amount, and keep doing that, until the kids own it all.

The recipient never pays gift taxes on a gift unless they have some special arrangement which is very rare. Only the person that gives it does or reduces their gifting/estate exemption if possible.

IC B2

K
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
K
Act of donation.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Longbob

The recipient never pays gift taxes on a gift unless they have some special arrangement which is very rare. Only the person that gives it does or reduces their gifting/estate exemption if possible.

Yeah, I got it backwards.

W
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
W
As has been discussed, check on living trust.

L
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
L

No worries. I speak to a lot of recipients from estates that think they will be taxed also, but the estate pays all taxes due if any before distribution.

F
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
F
Just give it to your daughter.

Don't put your SIL's name on it, just in case.

IC B3

L
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
L
I am still hung up on how 10 acres anywhere in Texas is only valued at $1,500 total.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
A few years ago we gave a lot to my wife's niece. We just got a blank quitclaim form, filed it out and sent it to her along with the deed. She filed it at the courthouse. No lawyers, done deal. I never heard what the fee was. We might have had to sign it in front of a notary. I don't remember. If needed, there'll be a place on the form for a notary's stamp and signature.

Get a download form here for your state: QUITCLAIM

“In a time of deceit telling the truth is a revolutionary act.”
― George Orwell

It's not over when you lose. It's over when you quit.
M
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
M

Wrong as well...

So yeah the giver pays unless it is less than the annual gift exclusion. But a maried couple giving to a couple is 4 exclusions so 4x$16k or $64k in 2022. But also if you want to "overgift" you can file forms with the irs that reduce your future estate exemption and no tax is due until estate settlement. $ 12.06 million currently (which can be doubled if needed) and if under total estate(the amount gifted early plus balance at settlement) is less than exemption no tax will be due.

P
Campfire Outfitter
OP Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
P
I am still hung up on how 10 acres anywhere in Texas is only valued at $1,500 total.

Middle of nowhere, Presidio county.

Obey lawful commands. Video interactions. Hold bad cops accountable. Problem solved.

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~

Member #547
Join date 3/09/2001
F
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
F
Originally Posted by Fubarski
Just give it to your daughter.

Don't put your SIL's name on it, just in case.

x2 leave it to daughter only

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by MtnHiker

Wrong as well...

So yeah the giver pays unless it is less than the annual gift exclusion. But a maried couple giving to a couple is 4 exclusions so 4x$16k or $64k in 2022. But also if you want to "overgift" you can file forms with the irs that reduce your future estate exemption and no tax is due until estate settlement. $ 12.06 million currently (which can be doubled if needed) and if under total estate(the amount gifted early plus balance at settlement) is less than exemption no tax will be due.

I didn't think it was necessary to include a lot of IRS mumbo-jumbo on a $1500 gift.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by plumbum
If the property is huntable, I might know a guy who will draft something up for you in exchange for a little hunting access.

Fuggin' lawyers! laugh

Whore yourself out to hunt on 10 acres. 10 acres!

LOL.

A lawyer worth his weight in cat food would have stolen more land from someone.... laugh

Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla!
L
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
L
Originally Posted by Pharmseller

Middle of nowhere, Presidio county.

I hear you, but even for that area it is way cheap. Hope you get it sorted out.

S
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
S
I’ll write you up a deed for free. I do it nearly every week for myself or someone else. DM me if you’re interested.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Different states have different laws, and I dont know Tx. laws. In La. you can write a bill of sale, I did it last spring.

Something like this.... I, John Doe, SS# xxx-xx-1234, 555 1st st., anytown, La, zip, do sell all my right, title, and interest in the following described property to Jane Smith, SS# xxx-xx-5678, 121 2nd ave, anytown, La, zip, for the sum of $xxxx dollars.

Property description.... Use the one on the tax records.

Have it notorized and recorded at the courthouse.

I wrote a check for the purchase, but it hasn't been cashed????

A bill of sale is less likely to be disputed.

My .02

Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

609 members (12344mag, 1beaver_shooter, 10gaugemag, 160user, 10ring1, 007FJ, 65 invisible), 2,442 guests, and 1,314 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,203
Posts18,485,289
Members73,966
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.