Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
You shouldn't drink and drive.

Seriously, sounds like an inner ear problem similar to motion sickness. Talk to your doctor. He will be familiar with this, I'm sure.

-Ken

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by 12344mag
Vertigo.

Go see your doc, most likely a problem with your inner ear.

I was thinking vertigo as well.

l told my pap and mam I was going to be a mountain man; acted like they was gut-shot. Make your life go here. Here's where the peoples is. Mother Gue, I says, the Rocky Mountains is the marrow of the world, and by God, I was right.
- Del Gue
W
Campfire Tracker
Online Sad
Campfire Tracker
W
The Epley Maneuver worked for my vertigo, per my doctor. But not immediately, had to be patient. If that is what's going on with you.

https://www.webmd.com/brain/home-remedies-vertigo

Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Hammerdown
It might be your ear and it could be your heart.

How long are you driving for, when you get one of these spells?
No problem when home or at the office: this might be because, you're up and down more frequently than driving for a longer period of time.

Stuff like this is a sign of something wrong or a warning sign of something else.

Truely wishing you all the best.

Don't pay much attention to your on-line help for your healthcare, see a doctor and get yourself checked out, it will give you some peace of mind.

Take care.
My heart isn't perfect but I don't think that's it. It has happened after 5 minutes on the road. My work is very inconsistent. I may be at a desk for hours, then climbing in and out of fire engines and ambulances doing maintenance or hand loading a 1,000 pounds of computer surplus on a truck. I am typically 50% desk work and 50% "field" work.

Progressives are the most open minded, tolerant, and inclusive people on the planet, as long as you agree with everything they say, and do exactly as you're told.
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by WYcoyote
The Epley Maneuver worked for my vertigo, per my doctor. But not immediately, had to be patient. If that is what's going on with you.

https://www.webmd.com/brain/home-remedies-vertigo
Sounds like those inner ear crystals could be the result of chronic dehydration or a magnesium deficiency.

Progressives are the most open minded, tolerant, and inclusive people on the planet, as long as you agree with everything they say, and do exactly as you're told.
IC B2

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Sounds like anxiety, but doesn't if that makes sense. I used to take lisinopril and the only time it ever made me dizzy was when Dr gave me a higher dosage than needed. Even then it was only when I bent down and stood back up.

Romans 5:1
J
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
J
Originally Posted by JakeBlues
I have marginal vision. I've had a prescription for several years but never wear glasses.

See a dr and ask about Vasovagal Syncope along with a complete physical.

Too bad the Dumbassed Corksuckers on the Fire ran Doc Rocket off.

Of course, they werent Drs because they couldnt be perfect and most couldnt have gotten into med school or survived it if they would have.

whistle

Last edited by jaguartx; 07/28/22.

Ecc 10:2
The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but that of a fool to the left.

A Nation which leaves God behind is soon left behind.

"The Lord never asked anyone to be a tax collector, lowyer, or Redskins fan".

I Dindo Nuffin
K
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
K
Blood sugar? Or Faster motion vertigo. Does the freeway have noise walls? Lack of orienting to landscape

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Just go to the doctor before you wreck.

J
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
J
Quit drinking before driving. wink

Ecc 10:2
The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but that of a fool to the left.

A Nation which leaves God behind is soon left behind.

"The Lord never asked anyone to be a tax collector, lowyer, or Redskins fan".

I Dindo Nuffin
IC B3

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
It's claustrophobia. Move to a rural area.

@jameslavish

If you work 40 hrs/wk: at 5% inflation and after 5 years, you need a 28% pay raise or to work 44 more hours (*one full extra week* per month+) to make up the difference.

This is inflation
C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
Originally Posted by 5spd
Get checked for meniers, vertigo soon as you can.
Inner ear can cause dizziness in milliseconds.
These attacks can happen at any time just so ya know.

This.....get tested for Menieres. My daughters is so bad I don't know how she survived before treatment. She'd have attacks on the freeway and seemed to always muster enough to get out of harms way and get to a parking lot. She described it as having intense seasickness along with the worst hangover ever. It was bad enough she couldn't get up out of the floor and had to call her ex for help....thats pretty bad.

R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
I've had this happen on and off for about 4 years now. It's freaky for sure.

I think in my case it was blood sugar related. When I found out mine was sky high, I made some diet changes. So far so good with the driving dizzy spells and warding off the 'beetus.

The deer hunter does not notice the mountains

"I fear all we have done is to awaken a sleeping giant and fill him with a terrible resolve" - Isoroku Yamamoto

There sure are a lot of America haters that want to live here...

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by simonkenton7
Originally Posted by johnw
Cardiac arrhythmia can be the result of outside stimuli. I had non-sustainable VTac for several years that was exacerbated by driving certain roads.
Seemed like the actual motion/rhythm of certain roads could bring it on. Experienced brief episodes of dizziness with it occasionally

AFIB is more common, and some report dizziness because of it. Some report dizziness due to the meds used to control it.

Non sustainable V tach. Good God! I worked dozens of cases of Vtach while a paramedic, Vtach is one step away from death. AKA cardiac arrest, Vfib.

Ahhh...

Bullshit....

Good drama attempt though.

Non-sustainable Vtac is not life threatening. Does not usually interfere with driving ability. And is little more than an inconvenience. Not that any paramedic would know the difference. Most ER physicians don't either.

Last time I was in an ER getting a leg xrayed, in 2018, the nurse who tried to take my BP told the Doc that I had an active arrhythmia. It was no surprise as I had told her the same thing before she tried to take the BP.

I had a long history of NS VTac going back to 2015. Had had one previous ablation in 2016, which kept it at bay for about a year and a half.But it had reappeared months before and was increasing in episodes per day.
Anyway, the ER doc had an ekg done, and immediately called the on duty Cardiologist, who happened to be my primary Cardio guy. He asked to speak with me on the phone, and advised me to call my ElectroCardioPhysiologist the next business day. He then got back on the phone with the ER doc and told him there was no cause for immediate concern.
I wore a monitor for 48 hours every 6 months in those days and they knew what was going on.

But the ER Doc went nuts. Immediately ordered a $3000 ambulance ride to a city 70 miles away with a higher level of cardiac care ($21000 a day). This was the hospital where my Electrophysiocardiologist practiced. He wasn't on duty that night, so I had to wait til the next day to be released.
EPC told me to maintain my biannual monitoring routine, which led to a 2nd ablation in 2019 that has cured me of all VTac.

I get it that if you're just a paramedic you need to treat everything as a worst case scenario. But my primary cardio guy here locally told me when he first diagnosed me that it wasn't dangerous, and of little concern until it reached a certain number of episodes per day, at which time treatment is indicated, either through medicine or surgery (ablation). He told me to live normally, drive, work, and carry on as usual.

I hit the treatment threshold twice, having an ablation once, and then, after it reoccurred was eventually put on meds til I could get an ablation at an advanced facility.

The worst part of the VTac that I experienced was in trying to shoot groups with precision rifles. Complete PITA...

"Chances Will Be Taken"

B
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
B
I was on a med once that gave me Afib when I peed. I'd be taking a leak and almost passport. My pulse would go crazy fast and irregular.
Stopped the med and no more problems.

Bb

Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Burleyboy
I was on a med once that gave me Afib when I peed. I'd be taking a leak and almost passport. My pulse would go crazy fast and irregular.
Stopped the med and no more problems.

Bb
LOL that could get embarrassing at the sports bar.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Do not report such to the doctor, or if one does, try to flavor it mildly. An elderly neighbor had his driver's license voided within a day of admitting such. Really took the wind out of his sails as that was his last bit of independence.

1Minute
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

167 members (6MMWASP, 10Glocks, 2500HD, 358wsm, 10gaugemag, 204guy, 23 invisible), 1,993 guests, and 1,144 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,240
Posts18,485,903
Members73,967
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.