Page 2 of 2 1 2
F
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
F
Originally Posted by 44mc
good luck frogman send me some pics. when you kill a biggin

Hey M, good to hear from you! Absolutely will do that!

I regret we never had a chance to hunt Hogs together before I left Florida. You should have seen one of the young men helping me load my stuff for the trip, when he latched onto that old pot that you had given me the lead in it for casting bullets......he went to jerk it off the floor and struggled saying "Damn this thing is heavy!" LOL

Be safe!

Frog---OUT!

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
GB1

H
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
H
Wishing you the best, save me some meat.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Frogger,

No help from north of the border, but wishing you well, in healing, retirement & on your dream hunt, Mate !

Looking forward to pictures & the story.

Paul.

"Kids who grow up hunting, fishing & trapping, do not mug little old Ladies"
S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
Good luck on the hunt. I was a 25 year resident of Afton. Took some dandy bucks during that time. Region G is rough country. Tough as any sheep country. I too have Max. points but I'll start looking for a lower elevation sage brush/aspen hunt to apply. PS: My knee replacement surgery was 6 weeks ago. I'm planning on the other knee this winter.

F
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
F
Originally Posted by stevevan1
Good luck on the hunt. I was a 25 year resident of Afton. Took some dandy bucks during that time. Region G is rough country. Tough as any sheep country. I too have Max. points but I'll start looking for a lower elevation sage brush/aspen hunt to apply. PS: My knee replacement surgery was 6 weeks ago. I'm planning on the other knee this winter.

Funny you should say that....my right knee was done 7 weeks ago today. The left is schedule for demo and rebuild on Sept 9! Need to get it completed while still having medical coverage.

I lived in Michigan for close to 40 years, Muskegon area, but traveled to Da UP ay often for Fishing. Been through Bark River once or twice....LOL Used to fish LBDN often during my years a Tournament Walleye angler.

Have a great day!

Frog---OUT!

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
IC B2

F
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
F
Good morning, everyone! Reviving this thread to see if there's any fresh information after the past season? Will be busy moving to Wyoming in January (Bought a small place there in November!) so want to get the choice for my application ready so that once Jan 1 rolls around I can submit it and be done with it.

Have a great day and Thanks for all your suggestions!

Frog---OUT!

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
good deal froggey stay in safe

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by Andy3
Originally Posted by chesterwy
Book with an outfitter in Region G or H. Tell them you have max points, you should be able to split them with another client and save some money on your hunt.

This!

Contact Tre Heiner at double diamond outfitters. He and his crew are the best!

https://www.doublediamondoutfitters.com/

Andy3

This 👆🏻

Tre is excellent at what he does
(307) 730-4868 Cell

W
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
W
What part of the state is welcoming you ?

G is not what it was, still produces big bucks but not like years past.
I would talk with one of the guys living on the West side of Wyoming and pick their brains about areas that get less attention and have mature bucks. I'm thinking in the sage country maybe.
With time to scout and good public access you may turn up a dandy down in the lower country or foothills.
Late season hunts are always inviting but in areas like 128 now you have tons of spotters ands helpers with the hunters, lots of folks hunting the same areas and bucks. Lots of stories out from this years hunt about numbers of folks.
You might wander over to say MonsterMuleys and look at threads Wyoming mule deer hunting.

January is a brutal time to move to Wyoming, safe travels and welcome.

F
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
F
I thought about calling the outfitters above, but given that I just had both knees replaced, and reading their website about top physical condition for this hunt was a MUST.....I don't think it will fit for me.

Guess I'll keep looking ay other areas with at least an opportunity for a nice buck.

Thank you all for the replies!

Frog

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
IC B3

T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
Burn those suckers up. Big changes coming to NR tags in WY and a big price jump.

Well...you'll be a resident now so that may not affect you much. Hell, it may help. You won't have to burn as many points.

Last edited by tzone; 12/12/22.

Camp is where you make it.
F
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
F
Well perhaps I should contact WF&G to get some clarification. I have been under the impression that NR points are separate from Resident points. It takes a year in Wyoming to become a Resident for hunting license purposes, so figured I'd burn up the point during this year in transition........

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

567 members (16penny, 160user, 10gaugemag, 1936M71, 06hunter59, 55 invisible), 2,421 guests, and 1,277 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,524
Posts18,472,626
Members73,939
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.