-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I used to use Roundup 365 regularly but the weeds always just seemed to grow back nearby. I have since switched to Kleenup. It kills a bit slower but lasts much, much longer.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by rwa3006
Regular Roundup should work just fine, just be sure to mix it with very clean water because the dirt in a lot of the water you might find will deactivate the key ingredient. I always use culinary grade water and it makes a difference.
What the heck is "culinary grade water".

A fancy Utah name for city water (as opposed to Ag water)?

Reverse osmosis treated water?

Store bought water?

The desert is a true treasure for him who seeks refuge from men and the evil of men.
In it is contentment
In it is death and all you seek
(Quoted from "The Bleeding of the Stone" Ibrahim Al-Koni)

member of the cabal of dysfunctional squirrels?
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Propane torch.

The desert is a true treasure for him who seeks refuge from men and the evil of men.
In it is contentment
In it is death and all you seek
(Quoted from "The Bleeding of the Stone" Ibrahim Al-Koni)

member of the cabal of dysfunctional squirrels?
B
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
B
I had poison ivy all over this place when I moved in. I bought some 41% glyphosate and mixed it strong,...added some dishwashing detergent.

I walked the whole place every couple of days with a 2 gallon spray bottle and doused every sprig of poison ivy I'd see. It killed it permanently. It's rare to see any poison ivy on my place now.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
41% glyphosphate. 4 oz to the gallon. Will kill grasses and most young non woody plants.

Plus 2-4-D at 2 ounces to the gallon will kill most any non woody plants.

2-4-d is better for killing broadleaves.

For a driveway I use a ground sterilant from the local farm store. I can’t remember the active chemical in it. It keeps new plants from sprouting, where as the round up and 2-4d only kills the plants it touches when being sprayed.

IC B2

P
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
P
I think the plan going forward is another HOT dose of Glyphosphate to kill off what is there.

Then some Pramitol 25E to sterilize the ground.

Eventually, I have a guy coming to rework the driveway. It has a very good tight stone on it that the previous yahoos covered with limestone chips. It is a mess. But for now, I just want to clear off the vegitation.

Thanks to all

E
ERK Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
E
Just to let you know that Roundup has no residual time at all. It kills on contact but is absolutely nil after that. That’s why you can spray a field with roundup and seed it the same day. Edk

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by Pahntr760
What can you all suggest, available at a consumer level, that kills weeds well? I am trying to rid my driveway of weeds and they mostly laughed at Round-Up. What % of Glyphosate should I look for? Does the Surfactant make enough difference to justify its use?

RM43, I get it at Family Farm and Home store.

As for the suffacant, it's necessity depends on what your trying to kill but yes it will make a difference on most things.

Paul

"I'd rather see a sermon than hear a sermon".... D.A.D.

Trump Won!, Sandmann Won!, Rittenhouse Won!, Suck it Liberal Fuuktards.

molɔ̀ːn labé skýla

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Bristoe
I had poison ivy all over this place when I moved in. I bought some 41% glyphosate and mixed it strong,...added some dishwashing detergent.

I walked the whole place every couple of days with a 2 gallon spray bottle and doused every sprig of poison ivy I'd see. It killed it permanently. It's rare to see any poison ivy on my place now.

I am using white vinegar, salt, dishwashing liquid (Dawn). It kills quickly but everything grows back. I need to find something that kills to the roots.

NRA Endowment Life Member (and proud of it)

Nowadays people know the price of everything and the value of nothing.

Wise men speak because they have something to say; fools because they have to say something. - Plato

Deuteronomy 22:5

J
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
J
Weeds come back. Its a thing.

[Linked Image from claredimond.b-cdn.net]

I am MAGA.
IC B3

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
There is a reason they call it maintenance.

Two terms to learn in weed "control" Preemergence and Postemergence.

"Maybe we're all happy."

"Go to the sporting goods store. From the files, obtain form 4473. These will contain descriptions of weapons and lists of private ownership."
I
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I
Not just any dish soap use Dawn original

8 oz per gal gly 41%
4 oz per gal non ionic surfactant
I add a liquid ams because my water is hard
If no non ionic add the dawn

We might have to be neighbors, but I don’t have to be neighborly. John Chisum
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by Valsdad
Propane torch.

Yep, I have a rather prolific silver maple in the back yard and I took the top of a seedling off with my weed eater and it came back. The farm store sells a long wand propane torch and when I hit that seedling with the heat, it croaked and didn’t come back. Weeds stay gone too. There are two versions of Roundup. The homeowner version is weaker than the contractor version. I don’t like the residuals from Roundup for other plants/trees that I want to keep.

My other auto is a .45

The bitterness of poor quality is remembered long after the sweetness of low price has faded from memory
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
You can jack around with it lots of times, or you can spray this stuff on, and be done with it for a year.

It also keeps other weeds and grass from growing after you spray. (Don't use it on your lawn. Just driveways, fence lines, and other areas you want rid of weeds and grass.)

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla!
P
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
P
Originally Posted by rockinbbar
You can jack around with it lots of times, or you can spray this stuff on, and be done with it for a year.

It also keeps other weeds and grass from growing after you spray. (Don't use it on your lawn. Just driveways, fence lines, and other areas you want rid of weeds and grass.)

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

Yeah, I might as well just use that stuff. Thanks!

K
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
K
I got turned on to a product called Tribune, 3oz of home owner grade roundup with 1oz of Tribune, it nukes everything.

Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
Regular Roundup should work just fine, just be sure to mix it with very clean water because the dirt in a lot of the water you might find will deactivate the key ingredient. I always use culinary grade water and it makes a difference.

Store bought water?
Never heard of it, so ducked it. Actual term is “food grade” water, simply RO water to avoid mineralization in a commercial kitchen and steamers.

If you take the time it takes, it takes less time.
--Pat Parelli

American by birth; Alaskan by choice.
--ironbender
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by ironbender

Store bought water?
Never heard of it, so ducked it. Actual term is “food grade” water, simply RO water to avoid mineralization in a commercial kitchen and steamers.

Grandfather had big cans of Roundup on the farm. I suspect quite a bit stronger than we can get today - always mixed it with well water. It worked and that big tank of COLD water/mix on your back was welcome while spraying.

Me

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Just did my driveway with 18% Roundup, 6oz to the gallon. Did it in two parts, and the second time revisited any stubborn stuff from the first. After a week or so, I burnt off the dead stuff with my propane flame thrower.

Anyone that sprays much needs a good electric sprayer. Mine, a My4Sons (or some such) from Amazon works like a champ. Gotta keep the lead-acid battery topped off, but it supposedly will do 200 gallons on a charge. Most I’ve done is maybe 10. It hold 4.5 gallons and I drag it around in one of those plastic duck and deer boats instead of on my back. Got the hose extension too.

What fresh Hell is this?
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Teal
Originally Posted by ironbender

Store bought water?

Grandfather had big cans of Roundup on the farm. I suspect quite a bit stronger than we can get today - always mixed it with well water. It worked and that big tank of COLD water/mix on your back was welcome while spraying.

Good points.

I bet the millions of gallons of round up sprayed on the ag fields around the world only use culinary grade water.

Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

84 members (35, Akhutr, 10gaugemag, akrange, 15 invisible), 1,658 guests, and 852 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,628
Posts18,492,940
Members73,977
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.