Print Thread
Hop To
Page 4 of 4 1 2 3 4
Campfire Ranger
OP Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Birdwatcher
Originally Posted by PaulBarnard
I regulary do things on a bike that I won't do in a car. That's the beauty of a bike.

The beauty of a bike is it allows old folks to maintain a degree of athleticism and fitness. At 65 I can ride with people 30 and 40 years younger without unduly slowing them up, I can also ride for hours without undue fatigue or stress injuries.

As for the traffic rules, I’ll do whatever it takes to minimize my chances of getting run over while at the same time tying not to PO drivers and pedestrians. This might involve running red lights, riding against traffic or riding on the sidewalk, dependent on the situation.

When I’m driving I don’t like cyclists either, you never know WTF they are going to do.

I also understand that if/when I do get hit, it’s always gonna be my fault, for riding on the road on a bicycle.

I was with you up until the last sentence. BIG NOPE. I do my level best to ride safely and courteously and to avoid roads that make either of those difficult. If I am complying with the law and someone hits me, it is not my fault.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter

Proud NRA Life Member
Campfire Ranger
OP Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Salmonella

That's somewhat ironic. I have been held up by gaggles of Harley riders way more than I have ever been held up by bicyclists.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Gee, sure glad that moron had his helmet on his noodle.
His flip-flops give away as dumb ass.

Running the redlight: I would say is the reason for the accident.

Randy
NRA
Patriot Life Benefactor

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana

That's somewhat ironic. I have been held up by gaggles of Harley riders way more than I have ever been held up by bicyclists.

A fish rarely notices the water.

Me

IC B2

A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
Originally Posted by Birdwatcher
I regulary do things on a bike that I won't do in a car. That's the beauty of a bike.

The beauty of a bike is it allows old folks to maintain a degree of athleticism and fitness. At 65 I can ride with people 30 and 40 years younger without unduly slowing them up, I can also ride for hours without undue fatigue or stress injuries.

As for the traffic rules, I’ll do whatever it takes to minimize my chances of getting run over while at the same time tying not to PO drivers and pedestrians. This might involve running red lights, riding against traffic or riding on the sidewalk, dependent on the situation.

When I’m driving I don’t like cyclists either, you never know WTF they are going to do.

I also understand that if/when I do get hit, it’s always gonna be my fault, for riding on the road on a bicycle.
Fūck that...
A couple of weeks ago I was out running my dog early one morning. While sunrise was a few minutes away it was daylight. I wear a glo-green UA shirt when I'm out riding, my granddaughters tell me that I look like a 6' 250lb pickle. Anyways, I'm riding on the far right edge of the street, goof ball is running on the left of me staying even with the bike. We're on a residential through street at about 8mph. We come up to a street on my right side that's the inlet/outlet to a cul-de-sac, there's a red Suburban with a big sign on the driver's side door that says" City of Saginaw" on it. He's slowing down as he approaches the corner, I've got the right-of-way so I keep moving. About the time I'm directly in front of him he starts to accelerate. I speed up, he slams on his brakes missing me by inches. I keep going, notice he's slowly coming up from behind me. So I get to the end of the street and stop to wait for him. He rolls to a stop next to me, lowers the passenger window and I tear into him like a rabid pit bull. He says that he's trying to apologize, I told him to fūck his apology. His fūcking apology doesn't help when he's hurt myself and my dog. 🤬

Campfire Ranger
OP Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Teal

A fish rarely notices the water.

Blatherers rarely know they blather.

Page 4 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

580 members (1Longbow, 1beaver_shooter, 12344mag, 1moredeer, 22250rem, 10ring1, 63 invisible), 2,161 guests, and 1,237 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,031
Posts18,481,876
Members73,959
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.