[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

Guns don't kill people, it's mostly the bullets
GB1

G
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
G
LOL, many thanks Pacecars, i appreciate it greatly Sir, these dang handgunner dudes have all the fun, this was a blast. cool

I was walking North, saw the threat, turned and fired Dew West, that old Baer 45 ACP is an easy Cadillac, and the devil damning me straight to hell would be the only reason i'd be found in a mall, that said, the old 1911 is what i carry to church, city, nice dinners, wedding/funerals etc, so if in a mall i'd have it on my belt, those 230 gold dots at 950 are easy recoiling loads in that all steel pistol.

Thanks again Sir.

Trump Won!
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Nice going, Jerry. Loved the 1911..

A good principle to guide me through life: “This is all I have come to expect, standard lackluster performance. Trust nothing, believe no one and realize it will only get worse…”
J
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Sleepy
Campfire 'Bwana
J
That's some good shooting, Jerry

I got banned on another web site for a debate that happened on this site. That's a first
G
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
G
Thanks Jorge and JWP, i like those 1911's too, that Baer, DW 10mm, Fusion Arms bobtail Commander 45 ACP or Colt 38 Super LW Commander could have all been on my belt for this shoot today, just great and fun guns.

I went back and watched Pacecars video again and think i set myself up for easy cheating, this being a supposed mall setting with other innocents, pillars, tables, shrubbery, partitions etc was the reason i set my target up in that hole in the brush beside that cedar tree with overhanging brush and more brush hanging down the right side, also some light oak limbs to shoot through behind the cedar, what i accidently did was make myself a peep sight barrel shooting through that hole into the target, like shooting through a giant pipe only 25 yards away with the target being only 15 yards beyond the brush, every time that slow rolling Baer sight came back down where i could see white, i pressed the trigger again.

I think there's some carryover from shooting Sharps rifles that can help with handguns, while damning oneself to stay on that front sight at all costs, on Pacecars youtube account there's a couple videos of me shooting an original Sharps rifle at 100 and 700 yards in around a 15-20 MPH full value crosswind, i loaded that old rifle just like they did back then with 100gr FG black powder under a copy of an original Sharps rifle factory 514gr paper patch bullet that they sent out to the Buffalo hunters.

Picking a spot on the buckhorn ladder barrel sight and sliding the leaf up then staying on that front sight hard enough to draw an imaginary line 8 feet right for a wind hold off the 700 yard gong then letting it fly, that sombitch hit hard LOL, so yes, i think any and all forms of shooting can come in handy trying to place good hits downrange with anything, be it firearm or blade.

BTW, that click/kerplunk at the end of the video was me not liking the way that low set eared bassturd was looking at me so i yanked a knife off my belt and trimmed that left one up a bit for him LOL!

I spose in a real shoot em up situation if a man walked up low on ammo one could pull the blade a bit left and give em a bit of cross-lobe-ular stimulation ; ]

Trump Won!
IC B2

79S Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Found the issue I was shooting 380 ammo out of my 9mm…need to find a place closer to shoot, local range 20 miles one way. On a bike that’s a lot pedaling even more when you other leg is shorter than the other. I did have a fella say he has a land that goes out 150 feet I told him that was way to far. I only need 40 yards to shoot.

Originally Posted by Bricktop
Then STFU. The rest of your statement is superflous bullshit with no real bearing on this discussion other than to massage your own ego.

Suckin' on my titties like you wanted me.
J
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Sleepy
Campfire 'Bwana
J
Originally Posted by TWR
Originally Posted by deflave
Originally Posted by SargeMO
Originally Posted by TWR
While nothing replaces a shot timer, the exact time is not as important as getting good hits.

Applause

I don't think anybody that takes handgunning serious should applaud a comment like that without clarification.

Being accurate is the foundation a shooter builds upon. It's not where the skill set starts and ends.

Speed matters.
Yes of course speed matters but in a crowded mall situation, do you want a guy that subscribes to the “if you’re shooting all A’s then you’re shooting too slow” crowd?

The goal is to get the first shots into a target that will stop the fight. You go fast in the fast parts and slow in the slow parts. 40 yards with innocent bystanders is the slow parts. You just want your slow to be faster than his.

You are shooting too slow if you are getting all A's

I got banned on another web site for a debate that happened on this site. That's a first
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Jerry, that’s some excellent shooting. Well done, my friend!

Les, does make an excellent ‘working gun’. Who could miss the wear on your 1911, which to me is nothing but beauty marks.

🦫

Curiosity Killed the Cat & The Prairie Dog
“Molon Labe”
G
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
G
Thanks Beav old buddy, we are all having easy fun here shooting at something that's not shooting back, coupled with screaming women and kids running everywhere pissing themselves, that young man stood up hard and fast and got it done! cool

Yessir, that old Baer is a great pistol, i remember 10 years ago when i bought it from our buddy Rockchucker........."dont mess up those grips daddy!" LOL, well, i haven't messed them up, but have carried it a million miles in that little holster pictured, and like you, that wear doesn't bother me a bit, i haven't shot it much, and being as Rockchucker is one of my adopted stepkids it'll still be in fine working order when i give it back to him after they order the backhoe and flowers ; ]

Trump Won!
M
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
M
It the rush of people try to scatter, it is not easy for the bad guy to observe one person 40 yards away, maybe partially behind cover, drawing, and aiming a weapon.

If the good guy can make a hit with his first shot, he has taken the initiative away from the bad guy. The bad guy is realizing he got hit, and trying to see where it came from, and/or seeking cover. Maybe suffering from tunnel-vision, also.

While this is happening the good guy probably has time to make a second hit.

Just some thoughts.

IC B3

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Originally Posted by TWR
Yes of course speed matters but in a crowded mall situation, do you want a guy that subscribes to the “if you’re shooting all A’s then you’re shooting too slow” crowd?

The goal is to get the first shots into a target that will stop the fight. You go fast in the fast parts and slow in the slow parts. 40 yards with innocent bystanders is the slow parts. You just want your slow to be faster than his.

Wow.

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
Originally Posted by gunner500
LOL, many thanks Pacecars, i appreciate it greatly Sir, these dang handgunner dudes have all the fun, this was a blast. cool

I was walking North, saw the threat, turned and fired Dew West, that old Baer 45 ACP is an easy Cadillac, and the devil damning me straight to hell would be the only reason i'd be found in a mall, that said, the old 1911 is what i carry to church, city, nice dinners, wedding/funerals etc, so if in a mall i'd have it on my belt, those 230 gold dots at 950 are easy recoiling loads in that all steel pistol.

Thanks again Sir.

Jerry, why do you dislike Derek Jeter so much?

The government plans these shootings by targeting kids from kindergarten that the government thinks they can control with drugs until the appropriate time--DerbyDude

Whatever. Tell the oompa loompa's hey for me. [/quote]. LtPPowell

79S Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
You don’t want me shooting in a mall.

[Linked Image]

Last edited by 79S; 08/03/22.

Originally Posted by Bricktop
Then STFU. The rest of your statement is superflous bullshit with no real bearing on this discussion other than to massage your own ego.

Suckin' on my titties like you wanted me.
T
TWR Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
T
FWIW, my initial response was for Beaver and the others who are improvising timing methods. Don’t worry about the time as much as the hits.

My later “clarification” for flave was in response to all the folks focusing on time. It also was based on this weekends match and seeing the emphasis on speed over accuracy. That’s okay for games but not for a mall shooting.

But by all means, carry on.

J
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Sleepy
Campfire 'Bwana
J
Originally Posted by TWR
FWIW, my initial response was for Beaver and the others who are improvising timing methods. Don’t worry about the time as much as the hits.

My later “clarification” for flave was in response to all the folks focusing on time. It also was based on this weekends match and seeing the emphasis on speed over accuracy. That’s okay for games but not for a mall shooting.

When being shot at speed in return fire is of the essence. Dicken sure reacted fast and fired fast putting 8 0ut of 10 into the bad guy.
Fast hits not dead center trumps dead center hits at a slow pace

M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
The perp was shooting but at the time Dicken got going was he directly under fire? Makes a difference and we still don't know how it all went down. Just saying we still lack facts and actual circumstances...mb

" Cheapest velocity in the world comes from a long barrel and I sure do like them. MB "
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Originally Posted by TWR

Wow X 2.

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
T
TWR Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
T
The report I’ve seen but not verified of course is the first two shots were fatal and the shooter went down. Those shots were taken with cover and support without the shooter shooting at Eli. Eli shot 8 more times with 6 more hitting the shooter.

I’ve often said (especially when defending my faster first shot with irons over a dot) that the first shots count the most but they have to be accurate. I shot carry optics this weekend, had 82 A’s and 2 C’s, came in second overall. I need to work on speed with the dot but I will not purposely let my accuracy get any worse.

M
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
M
Speed is important, but making the hits is even more so.

You can't miss fast enough to win a gunfight.

B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
We need some corsairs up in here to opine.

MAGA
Page 8 of 10 1 2 6 7 8 9 10

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

596 members (10gaugemag, 12344mag, 160user, 10ring1, 007FJ, 1lessdog, 62 invisible), 2,480 guests, and 1,331 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,203
Posts18,485,258
Members73,966
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.