-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Looks like the perfect setup. I have a 507k x2 on a xds mod2 9mm that works quite nicely. At some point I’m gonna get my G23 milled, or get a slide already milled to put one on it. How does the grip wrap work? I have a Hogue HandALL on the G23 and the grooves are perfect for me, but have had other shooters gripe about em. Thanks for sharing pics of the new girlfriend…she’s awful purty.

Doc_Holidude

Livin ain’t killed me yet, but it’s workin on it!
GB1

G
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
G
I use a flip phone & I even like that set up. Looks & likely acts like it's part of the gun rather than stikin up like a wart on a big girls nose.

deflave Offline OP
Campfire Sage
OP Offline
Campfire Sage
Originally Posted by Doc_Holidude
Looks like the perfect setup. I have a 507k x2 on a xds mod2 9mm that works quite nicely. At some point I’m gonna get my G23 milled, or get a slide already milled to put one on it. How does the grip wrap work? I have a Hogue HandALL on the G23 and the grooves are perfect for me, but have had other shooters gripe about em. Thanks for sharing pics of the new girlfriend…she’s awful purty.

Doc_Holidude

It's just floor grip tape. I buy it by the roll at Lowes. You usually have to replace it every three months or so. I put it on all my duty/EDC stuff.

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
deflave Offline OP
Campfire Sage
OP Offline
Campfire Sage
Originally Posted by CrimsonTide
Originally Posted by deflave
A 19X would be even better IMO but there are no 19X MOS out there that I'm aware of.
No, but there are G-45's in MOS, and that is exactly like baby bears soup. "Just right".

Schit.

LOL

Moving forward...

My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
79S Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

Doc_Holidude

It's just floor grip tape. I buy it by the roll at Lowes. You usually have to replace it every three months or so. I put it on all my duty/EDC stuff.

EDC? Erectile Dysfunction capsules?

Originally Posted by Bricktop
Then STFU. The rest of your statement is superflous bullshit with no real bearing on this discussion other than to massage your own ego.

Suckin' on my titties like you wanted me.
IC B2

G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
Looks great. Fuggers can say what they want about Holosun (usually bitching about being made in China while typing on their made in China device), but they put out some great optics.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
LOL…instant “grip zone” on a roll! I like it!

Livin ain’t killed me yet, but it’s workin on it!
deflave Offline OP
Campfire Sage
OP Offline
Campfire Sage
LOL…instant “grip zone” on a roll! I like it!

It helps me a lot.

Good stuff and cheap.

V
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
V
Flave, I gather you prefer 147’s?

To me, they seem to have a recoil pulse like the 40/180. Less blast….

deflave Offline OP
Campfire Sage
OP Offline
Campfire Sage
Originally Posted by viking

Absolutely.

The heavy for caliber 9mm's seem to be where we should have taken them 25 years ago. Incredible.

IC B3

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
"1911s are really cool" deflave 8/22.

A CNN move?
But an "accurate" quote!
What else you been hiding?😉

Parents who say they have good kids..Usually don't!
G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G

Absolutely.

The heavy for caliber 9mm's seem to be where we should have taken them 25 years ago. Incredible.

have you run any comparisons between those and some of the proven 124s?

and what 147s are you shooting?

The government plans these shootings by targeting kids from kindergarten that the government thinks they can control with drugs until the appropriate time--DerbyDude

Whatever. Tell the oompa loompa's hey for me. [/quote]. LtPPowell

M
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
M

Absolutely.

Absolutely!! All my 9mm carry ammo has been switched to 147 gr. In my backyard redneck ballistic testing confirmed what I have seen in various online tests that the Federal HST and Win PDX were the best performing in both penetration and expansion. Either one of them are my carry rounds in all my 9s. The 135 Hydrashock DEEP also did well but only had a few boxes so couldnt test as much as I wouldve liked.

deflave Offline OP
Campfire Sage
OP Offline
Campfire Sage
Originally Posted by gitem_12
have you run any comparisons between those and some of the proven 124s?

and what 147s are you shooting?

I haven't done any testing myself.

Whatever I can find. I'm a whore. LOL

V
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
V
Off on a tangent…

Yesterday I was reading about German WW2 9mm ammo. Seems they had 3 varieties, 2 for pistols and 1 really hot SMG. All were 124 grain.

T
TWR Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
T
I shot a bit of the 147 +P HST’s and compared them to 124 +P Gold Dots in water jugs. Both got caught in the 3rd jug, both opened up good.

Shot them into wood and both clogged up and didn’t open up. Now I just try to let the gun tell me which one it likes.
[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I bought this Glock 45 last week from a small family run business in Florida that does light custom work on Glocks and AR’s. It should land in a week or so.

There’s nothing special about it. I asked for all the internals to remain OEM. Just trick the frame with stippling and change the blacked out front sight to a red fiber optic.

I didn’t have them cut the slide for an optic. I’m still an iron sight guy for my carry guns. I have a GF, Inc. chest rig ordered up.

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

🦫

Curiosity Killed the Cat & The Prairie Dog
“Molon Labe”
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]
Looks like a great carry rig. I like how that dot sight matches the regular height fixed sights.

Last edited by 1911a1; 08/08/22.

Figures don't lie, But Liars figure
Assumption is the mother of mistakes
deflave Offline OP
Campfire Sage
OP Offline
Campfire Sage
I had a decent amount of time with her yesterday on an enclosed but open ended range and I only like it more. Ranges like that can really test a person's sight picture because you're dealing with imperfectly placed artificial light and varying degrees of ambient light bleeding in from uprange. The auto feature does seem to make the dot a bit too bright in some circumstances and you get some "bloom", but it didn't affect making hits at all. I could not make the dot disappear regardless of how bright the artificial light was, or pointing it toward sun baking concrete from dark portions of the range.

Suffice to say that at this point I've found no reason to concern myself with the auto feature.

As far as the window size is concerned I'm pleasantly surprised here as well. I've had zero issues finding the dot. Both first shot and splits are on par with my ability. Meaning, this optic doesn't slow me down at all regardless of how close I am to the target. This was a concern to me on an EDC because the vast majority of my reps with an optic have been with the SRO. I was a wee bit scared that an optic as large and forgiving as the SRO would spoil me and that I would struggle with much smaller windows. This seemed to be in my head and not a factor. You can probably attribute that to lots and lots of reps and the fact that the SCS sits as low as it does on a standard MOS.

For those on the fence about optics for your EDC, I'll give you a couple anecdotal's to ponder:

1.) This is four shots, from four different distances. 25, 15, 7, 3. All unsupported. This was a slow fire, check-zero into the head box/A-zone as I was wrapping up.

This is what I walked up to:

2.) Dicken drill went 10 for 10 in 11.21 from concealment, just behind the three o'clock:

Five alpha, five charlie.

I'll take it.

T
TWR Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
T
Good presentation is good presentation. I’m not as fast to the first shot yet but the accuracy or ease of making hits at speed is greatly improved with the dot.

I have a dot class being set up for the fall. Hopefully I can catch on.

Page 3 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

633 members (160user, 10gaugemag, 06hunter59, 10ring1, 007FJ, 10gaugeman, 80 invisible), 2,672 guests, and 1,308 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,477
Posts18,471,593
Members73,936
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.