M
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
M
You're a dumfuuck.

Originally Posted by Jackson_Handy
Originally Posted by Dogpopper
Hey Jackson, you ever been? Just hate bikers? Just hate the culture? Just wondering if you’ve ever been part of something more than the middle school chess club?

Of course I've never been. I have zero need to play dress up as an adult. If the culture is obesity, trashy, folks dressed up like it's fuggin Halloween, then yes, I hate the "culture."

I neither need to drive to south Dakota or dress like a fool to consume alcohol.

Let's face it, it's merely an excuse for middle class people to go drink, dress up like clowns, live an "alternative" life, and partake in debauchery for a week......it's an adult version of those weird kids that dress up in medieval outfits and larp in the park....

"I can't be canceled, because, I don't give a fuuck!"
--- Kid Rock 2022

Holocaust Deniers, the ultimate perverted dipchits: Bristoe, TheRealHawkeye, stophel, Ghostinthemachine, anyone else?

J
Campfire Outfitter
Online Confused
Campfire Outfitter
J
Originally Posted by MtnBoomer
You're a dumfuuck.

Hey Jackson, you ever been? Just hate bikers? Just hate the culture? Just wondering if you’ve ever been part of something more than the middle school chess club?

Of course I've never been. I have zero need to play dress up as an adult. If the culture is obesity, trashy, folks dressed up like it's fuggin Halloween, then yes, I hate the "culture."

I neither need to drive to south Dakota or dress like a fool to consume alcohol.

Let's face it, it's merely an excuse for middle class people to go drink, dress up like clowns, live an "alternative" life, and partake in debauchery for a week......it's an adult version of those weird kids that dress up in medieval outfits and larp in the park....

So I'd fit in at Sturgis?

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

Now do Burning Man.

Carpe' Scrotum
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Is it gay to have royal blue motorcycle with matching blue "cowboy" boots?

No.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

IC B2

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I dig that chick.

I'm in. smile

R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R

Glad to hear you won't attend... Azzholes like you ain't welcome in any case...

Ex- USN (SS) '66-'69
Pro-Constitution.
LET'S GO BRANDON!!!
A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
Generally speaking bikers, as a group, are some of the ugliest and the most overweight, under-showered people in existence….in America (Indians and ragheads beat bikers in the global race to the bottom 😉).

I have no desire to attend the Sturgis rally and have no desire to mingle with that segment of society. Either they’re full on snot-bearded wasteoids or they aspire to be full on snot-bearded wasteoids, either way they’re probably great people 😂….just not my kind of people. I’d be inclined to take a shot of penicillin each morning and each evening while in Sturgis as a preventative prophylaxis.

�Politicians are the lowest form of life on earth. Liberal Democrats are the lowest form of politician.� �General George S. Patton, Jr.

---------------------------------------------------------
~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
J
Campfire Outfitter
Online Confused
Campfire Outfitter
J
Originally Posted by Steve

Now do Burning Man.

Basically the same, probably more molly and queers tho...

J
Campfire Outfitter
Online Confused
Campfire Outfitter
J
Originally Posted by skeen

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

A gif of the exact type to play dress up at Sturgis. Nailed it.

Last edited by Jackson_Handy; 08/07/22.
IC B3

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Been to the rally 10 plus times since 2005...Yes I trailer the 1900 miles to get there so I make much better time, don't have a collision in route, I'm not fatigued upon arrival and I get to bring my rifles to P dog hunt on off days. I have a friend in Sturgis who puts us up in his guest house. Next year I will be bringing along my best friend's / riding buddies ashes to spread on one of his favorite rides (just ordered the engraved stone in memory). I don't care much for the night life ...Usually sneak out Vanocker Canyon Rd first thing in the AM. I will miss riding with him next year, we were buds 52 years!

Patron member, NRA, Life Member SCI,
M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M
I do get a kick outta the white collar suburban dad types who are "weekend warriors" who do indeed play dress up and go ride their bikes with their "bros". Other than being good for a laugh theres no problem with it EXCEPT that many also think dressing the part magically makes them into some tough "bikers". Usually they just act tough at Applebees etc, but sometimes they make the mistake of trying it at a real bar. Usually dont end well for them but is damn funny!!! There are some real rednecks and a bunch of Pagan MC members around here who dont take kindly to some white collar jagoffs trying to act like tough guys!!

G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
Originally Posted by AcesNeights
Generally speaking bikers, as a group, are some of the ugliest and the most overweight, under-showered people in existence….in America (Indians and ragheads beat bikers in the global race to the bottom 😉).

I have no desire to attend the Sturgis rally and have no desire to mingle with that segment of society. Either they’re full on snot-bearded wasteoids or they aspire to be full on snot-bearded wasteoids, either way they’re probably great people 😂….just not my kind of people. I’d be inclined to take a shot of penicillin each morning and each evening while in Sturgis as a preventative prophylaxis.
They are also the first to stop and help if your on the side of the road. My kind of people, warts and all.

M
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
M
Originally Posted by skeen
Is it gay to have royal blue motorcycle with matching blue "cowboy" boots?

No.
Uhhhh, with pant legs tucked in? LOL

--- Kid Rock 2022

Holocaust Deniers, the ultimate perverted dipchits: Bristoe, TheRealHawkeye, stophel, Ghostinthemachine, anyone else?
M
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
M
Originally Posted by EQFD193
Been to the rally 10 plus times since 2005...Yes I trailer the 1900 miles to get there so I make much better time, don't have a collision in route, I'm not fatigued upon arrival and I get to bring my rifles to P dog hunt on off days. I have a friend in Sturgis who puts us up in his guest house. Next year I will be bringing along my best friend's / riding buddies ashes to spread on one of his favorite rides (just ordered the engraved stone in memory). I don't care much for the night life ...Usually sneak out Vanocker Canyon Rd first thing in the AM. I will miss riding with him next year, we were buds 52 years!
Condolences.

--- Kid Rock 2022

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by gregintenn
Are they all dressed like they’re in a Pirates of the Caribbean movie? I’ve ridden bikes since I’ve been big enough, and I’ve never understood the need to look like a walking billboard.

Fishing too!

GOA
C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
Scooter Nasties………….

"You may all go to Hell, and I will go to Texas" - Davy Crockett
CRS Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by Redneck
Originally Posted by gregintenn
Must be time for the good ole Sturgis rally.
It is - and for the first time in over 15 years I'm not going. Wife is physically unable to attend.. Dammit...

Very sorry to hear that. Their are some great people who attend every year, but they are way outnumbered.

This is my 31st year of the rally. To say I am over it, is an understatement. I get to deal with all types every year.

My biggest issue is the way some ride. They are accidents waiting to happen.

I am selfish when it comes to that aspect. There is a reason the motorcycle injury lawyers spend big bucks advertising at the rally every year. I do not want to be anywhere close to the area when they are looking for someone to blame. Just think of how many threads we have on here with the motorcyclist blaming the other drivers for their accidents.

Riding motorcycles is fun, did it for years, but you accept an increased risk every time you throw your leg over the seat and start tooling down the road. For me, the risk outweighed the reward of riding.

Last edited by CRS; 08/07/22.

Arcus Venator
G
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
G
A lot of the business owners don't live there and, in some cases, never even visit. They just cash the checks! We stayed there during a Camaro show one time but have never gone to the MC rally. I don't really like crowds. GD

Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Had occasion to drive out to South Dakota at this time some years back.

Sturgis traffic was evident north of Dallas, 1,000 miles away. The first “Welcome Bikers” signs were seen at Grand Island NE, 450 miles away. From the slopes of Bear Butte (just outside of Sturgis) long lines of inbound Harleys like ants could be seen crossing the plains. We were in a car, drove into Sturgis itself from the northeast, returned same way, didn’t drive into town.

I can see how it could be a blast taking part in this phenomenon, especially with a group of friends, and then sitting around admiring and BSing about motorcycles for a few days.

Not many younger adults or women anymore in that video though, dunno I’d want to ride that far just to hang out with crowds of old guys like myself.

"...if the gentlemen of Virginia shall send us a dozen of their sons, we would take great care in their education, instruct them in all we know, and make men of them." Canasatego 1744
Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

421 members (10ring1, 1lessdog, 1lesfox, 10gaugemag, 17CalFan, 12344mag, 52 invisible), 2,521 guests, and 1,197 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,366
Posts18,488,184
Members73,970
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.