Hop To
Page 2 of 2 1 2
B
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
B
Originally Posted by Seafire
Lawrence...

I think I would be inclined to pick up a pound.. even at that price, just to check it out...

Alliant is my favorite brand of powders, followed by IMR and then a few Winchester powders....

If Rl 15.5 is bulky, that would actually be a feature I'd like about it...

are you out of Oregon now and back in Nevada for good?

if you know where it can be purchased down that way, next time I head down that way, we can get together and you can show me where I can pick up a container of it... buying a pound of it on line, and then having to pay the higher UPS charges for hazard etc... I bet one would be looking at $100 for a pound of it before it gets to one's door step...

Yes sir. I'm back where I grew up as a kid. Jack rabbit and yote hunting heaven. Ha ha.. Yes, I'd be happy to show you where in town they have it. It's been there frequently, right next to the RL15, but damn it's expensive!!!
[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]
I should have taken a pic the other day when I bought 5 pounds of H4350 there. This is an older pic from a few months back, but it's been like this for about 5 months now. When I first moved down here, they had 10 pounds of AR Comp. I bought every damn pound they had of that stuff. The guy behind the counter said not too many people use it down here. He said he turns them on to CFE223. I told him he can have that schidt. At that time, they were also giving out $20 gift cards for every $100 you spent in the store. I got a lot of those gift cards, that helped pay for that powder. I'd hate to guarantee it will be there next time you are in this neck of the woods, and that it is still $60. But if it is, I'll gladly take you there. Bring some rifles, we will shoot at the range too!! If you want me to get you a pound or 2 now, I can do that as well..

Originally Posted by raybass
I try to stick with the basics, they do so well. Nothing fancy mind you, just plain jane will get it done with style.
Originally Posted by Pharmseller
You want to see an animal drop right now? Shoot him in the ear hole.

BSA MAGA
GB1

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
If nothing else Lawrence, it would be good to meet face to face finally...

Then I'd know where the store is when I am passing thru... we could possibly hit that nice range you guys have just north of town up on that mountain top... been there.. that was a cool place... and I understand that they have expanded it...

I can't remember the name of the town down on US 50, but it was the town that one of the Pilots with the Flying Tigers was from.. who's family owned a supermarket there... I've been in there, and to the new one they built west of town on Hwy 50. Evidently Joyce Hodgdon use to come out and hunt with the guy, so they are a pretty well stocked store for powder etc... some of the Hodgdon Guys evidently STILL come out to hunt with the family.

Looking on a map, I think I am talking about the town of Eureka... have ya ever made the trip down there? The old store was really cool, due to its age and also all the cool stuff you could find in there... Rt 50 is a real sleeper as a cool route to take across Nevada... "The Loneliness Hwy in America" I've made that trip 4 or 5 times....

"Minus the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the Country" Marion Barry, Mayor of Wash DC

“Owning guns is not a right. If it were a right, it would be in the Constitution.” ~Alexandria Ocasio Cortez

R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
Isn't Eureka on the North Cali coast? Pretty little town. Powder there was way dearer than Grants Pass in OR when there late 2018. Guess it's all crazy dear at the moment.

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Doc:

We're talking Eureka Nevada, not Eureka California...they are probably 400 plus miles apart....

powder was a lot less expensive in 2018.... its 2 to 3 times higher now...

primers are 500+ higher in price now.. if you can even find them, because EVERYONE that can purchase them are buying all they can get and hoarding them, and have been since Broadway Joe Biden has been in the White House.

"Minus the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the Country" Marion Barry, Mayor of Wash DC

“Owning guns is not a right. If it were a right, it would be in the Constitution.” ~Alexandria Ocasio Cortez

R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
Thanks Seafire.

Yes, prices are crazy and primers for rifles here unobtanium, as are pistol powders. We make so much powder here (lots of Hodgden stuff etc) and we are powder poor. Hard to get Alliant powders here, lucky I have some Re15 for the old nitro crackers on hand, and a bit of AR2209 (H4350). We are limited to storing 12kg of powder per shooter.

I hope all going well in your beautiful part of the world, despite the politics!

IC B2

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Thanks RocDoc.

If Joe Biden managed to pull off limiting Americans to the equivalent of 12 KG of powder...

a lot of members of this forum alone, would probably be spending time behind bars... as oppose to spending a lot of time in bars...

with the liberal left, its just a matter of time before most of us will be legislated into becoming criminals...

probably the same for a lot of Canadians north of us...

by the way, I live in Grants Pass OR...too bad I didn't know ya back when you were visiting up this way..
would have been wonderful to meet you and yours, have dinner at one of the better restaurants and show ya around a little...

B
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
B
Originally Posted by Seafire
If nothing else Lawrence, it would be good to meet face to face finally...

Then I'd know where the store is when I am passing thru... we could possibly hit that nice range you guys have just north of town up on that mountain top... been there.. that was a cool place... and I understand that they have expanded it...

I can't remember the name of the town down on US 50, but it was the town that one of the Pilots with the Flying Tigers was from.. who's family owned a supermarket there... I've been in there, and to the new one they built west of town on Hwy 50. Evidently Joyce Hodgdon use to come out and hunt with the guy, so they are a pretty well stocked store for powder etc... some of the Hodgdon Guys evidently STILL come out to hunt with the family.

Looking on a map, I think I am talking about the town of Eureka... have ya ever made the trip down there? The old store was really cool, due to its age and also all the cool stuff you could find in there... Rt 50 is a real sleeper as a cool route to take across Nevada... "The Loneliness Hwy in America" I've made that trip 4 or 5 times....

Very interesting stuff John. I have never been to Eureka. It sounds like I'm going to have to make the trip though. I love checking out old stores like that.

Originally Posted by raybass
I try to stick with the basics, they do so well. Nothing fancy mind you, just plain jane will get it done with style.
Originally Posted by Pharmseller
You want to see an animal drop right now? Shoot him in the ear hole.

BSA MAGA
Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

605 members (160user, 1234, 10gaugemag, 19rabbit52, 10gaugeman, 1337Fungi, 54 invisible), 2,261 guests, and 1,187 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,769
Posts18,476,780
Members73,942
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.