Print Thread
Hop To
Page 5 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
M
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
M
Dumb, as in I wouldn't mind keeping it!

Just gathered this together for a buddy. Go forth with the cheapest 180 grain SP ammo you can find, is my advice. Yard deer be warned!

Weatherby Vanguard 1, NIB old stock, 30-06, $350.
Burris Fullfield ii, 3-9x40, NIB, $135
TalleyWhackers, open box, Bezos, $19
GrovTec Mountaineer sling, NIB, $26.

Why? Drop floorplate, full size format that'll fit him good, comparatively a whole lot of rifle for the dollar. USA made sling and rings. Burris, Philippines, bang for buck.

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

"I can't be canceled, because, I don't give a fuuck!"
--- Kid Rock 2022

Holocaust Deniers, the ultimate perverted dipchits: Bristoe, TheRealHawkeye, stophel, Ghostinthemachine, anyone else?
GB1

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
I’ll be your buddy, neighbor, friend.

LOL

My Vanguards were I s and NO problems.

Jerry

jwall- *** 3100 guy***

A Flat Trajectory is Never a Handicap

Speed is Trajectory's Friend !!
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
Brand new model 70 super grade maple. I loved the look and feel of it, but it shot pie plate groups at 100 yards. Didnt matter at all what i fed it.

C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
Originally Posted by Biebs
S&W Scandium revolver....I'd rather shoot my Freedom Arms 454 Casull.

My friend has one of these in .357 Mag. Weighs 10oz. I have a 642 factory Maga-na-ported shooting 38 +Ps that weighs 12 ozs. It is a kitty kat compared to that damn Scandium. At any indoor range you pop off the 1st round and the entire range line stops to see what went off. No kidding, have seen it happen 3 times now. I have also bet some big grown-ass men they couldn't shoot more than one cylinder loaded with 125 grain Federal Hydroshocks. Haven't lost money yet. Blood is usually involved, usually in the web of the hand. I just won't shoot it with full loads anymore, my hand cannot take the damage inflicted. A man got's to know his limitations, I found mine smile

Welcome to TN - patron state of shootin’ stuff
Campfire Member
Online Content
Campfire Member
Bought a Remington 700 XCR in 300WM. 2 trips back to the factory and then it would shoot 1 inch groups...at 25 yards! And down the road it went.

IC B2

M
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
M
You feel my pain then....

-------------------------------------

Since we're opening up here. When I was freshly weened and as was often the case, in some various state of intoxication that typically ranged from ripped to hammered, I purchased a real "sniper rifle". Some version of an Enfield, complete with custom scope mount made from a Weaver rail attached to aluminum plate judiciously fastened to the side of the receiver in what must have been a tire shop or the likes. It was sporterized, ready for covert action, full +P awesome, with a leather cheekrest tied on with an OD Green bootlace, further evidence of it's special forces heritage. Really something to look at in its Bubba'd glory. It came with one worn out magazine and 60 rnds surplus ammo. I fired it 57 times, never hitting the intended target. My old man nearly disowned me for bringing it by to check out. Only recently have I regained any interest in owning an Enfield, and it's slight at best.

"I can't be canceled, because, I don't give a fuuck!"
--- Kid Rock 2022

Holocaust Deniers, the ultimate perverted dipchits: Bristoe, TheRealHawkeye, stophel, Ghostinthemachine, anyone else?
B
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
B
Originally Posted by Flycaster1977
Brand new model 70 super grade maple. I loved the look and feel of it, but it shot pie plate groups at 100 yards. Didnt matter at all what i fed it.

That sucks, did you try glass bedding and freefloating it?

Originally Posted by raybass
I try to stick with the basics, they do so well. Nothing fancy mind you, just plain jane will get it done with style.
Originally Posted by Pharmseller
You want to see an animal drop right now? Shoot him in the ear hole.

BSA MAGA
J
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
J
When I started getting into guns I had no money so I ended up buying "good" enough for the time guns. Now 20 years later I look at all the money i wasted losing on trying to sell to get what I really wanted. The two largest mistakes were a sawed off 12 ga hacksaw type job that my buddy talked me into that I needed, the second I was talked into a Paraordanance GI expert my LEO buddy calls me and says jump on the bandwagon now while they are cheap the shop owner expects them to double in value in the next 6 months once the rep gets out. I traded mine a few months later but he sent his back for warranty work at least 2x before setting it in the back of his safe.

T
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
T
not sure i can say dumb purchase but bought a savage 340b in 222 from a member here that he was and is a stand up guy told me he was selling cause of the accuracy issue and i wasn't reloading then like now but ended up also sending down the line

DEATH BEFORE DISHONOR

I LOVE MY COUNTRY IT'S THE GOV'T I FEAR
M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M
the worst rifle i ever bought was over 1000.00 dollars, (Kimber long range master) not sure if i got that right, in 308 win. this is back when 308 ball ammo was super cheap. that rifle was sent back to Kimber 3 times for light primer strikes, the accuracy was 2 to 3 inches when it went off! the customer services was great! i finally sold it, sorry for the rant.

IC B3

J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J
Originally Posted by moosemike
Stoeger Coach gun 12 gauge. When I pulled the trigger it would double. I sent it back to Stoeger and they said it was operator error. Even though it was a single trigger model! I sold it to a friend for a loss

I've got one of their "Double Defense" guns and it will occasionally "double".

One dumb purchase was buying a case of cheap Winchester Walmart special low brass (silver) 12 ga ammo for killing clays. If used in a pump or auto, the rim and brass will tear away from the plastic case. Have to bring a dowel rod to push it out. Single shot or double gun only ammo.....

Campfire Tracker
Online Shocked
Campfire Tracker
A Remington BDL SS in .300 WSM. Still have it as it shoots bug hole groups with IMR 4320 and 165 gr SST’s, but it’s not reliable. After doing lots of research, it’s just the 700 itself being in a WSM. I really need to send it down the road, but I don’t want someone else to have the headaches I’ve had with it.

Last edited by Hudge; 08/08/22.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I just bought a rifle because it was made the same year I was born. Since it’s an FN, I don’t expect to regret it, but it was totally unnecessary.

What fresh Hell is this?
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by mooshoo
the worst rifle i ever bought was over 1000.00 dollars, (Kimber long range master) not sure if i got that right, in 308 win. this is back when 308 ball ammo was super cheap. that rifle was sent back to Kimber 3 times for light primer strikes, the accuracy was 2 to 3 inches when it went off! the customer services was great! i finally sold it, sorry for the rant.

My Longmaster .308 was possibly the most accurate centerfire I ever owned. Its sole fault was scratching the cases on the way into the chamber. Had to sell it to cover an emergency, and the non-reloading buyer didn’t mind the issue.

Still missing that one.

What fresh Hell is this?
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Model 70 Alaskan in .300 Win mag. I have absolutely no use for this gun. But I'm loving it and keeping it.

J
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
J
Remington 700 DM… only have one mag, cant seem to find another and im always worried its gonna fall out somehow on a hunt. Apparently its not easy to convert to ADL or BDL either due to lack of feed rails if magazine is removed. O well, i guess i could always duct tape it in place if im worried about it!
In my opinion just keep it simple and get a hinged floorplate or blind mag.

J
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
J
Also im in the camp of “ive made more dumb sells than purchases”. I enacted a new rule on myself a few years ago that no matter how much i dont think i need a certain gun anymore, im keeping it… as they are now on a “one way street”…they only come in but never go out!

O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
Just about any Remington 700 or MOdel 7 I have ever bought.

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Mini 30. Absolutely the most inherently inaccurate platform ever devised to launch a bullet. Bill Ruger should’ve been kicked in the balls for producing them.

G
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
G
An M1 30 carbine pistol.

Need I say more?

Page 5 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

308 members (300s, 2ndwind, 260Remguy, 12344mag, 338rcm, 300_savage, 48 invisible), 2,438 guests, and 1,257 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,620
Posts18,474,002
Members73,941
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.