Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 2 1 2
O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
Originally Posted by 4th_point
I have only had the SLC W B for a short time, but under difficult ambient light conditions that matter to me most, they are clearly a step above the sub-$1k class (or sub-alphas as some people call them?). I used a tripod for comparison, but it wasn't really needed as it was obvious even handheld.

I have had a hodgepodge of sub-$1k binoculars (mix of 8x and 10x, as well as different objective sizes) and can't do a proper direct comparison, but I own or have owned SLC-neu, CL, Conquest HD, Monarch HG, Tract, Kowa Genesis, and others that I am probably forgetting. Each of those has pros and cons, but are similar in many ways. Peas in a pod? To my eyes, the SLC W B is a definite step up.

I'm sure that there are some cons that will be discovered over time with the SLC W B. However for now, I am impressed. Of course the SLC W B sold for nearly double the price of some sub-alphas, but I've seen some good deals now that they are discontinued or people "upgrade" to EL or NL. I don't know that I would pay the original full price for the W B, but I could justify it simply based on the ease of use and obvious improvement in image quality over those others.

I think that I got what I was looking for. Something noticeably better than what I have or had in the past. And appreciate the feedback I got here from those who still use an SLC even with the newer models available.

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

I just beat on the pair I have and no "sound". I would send them to Rhode Island and have them look at them. My 10x56 make no sound either.

Good Luck

GB1

Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
Thanks for checking yours and letting me know. Seems weird that some make the noise and others don't. I've read online where some EL make noises too out of the box, but others don't.

O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
Originally Posted by 4th_point
Thanks for checking yours and letting me know. Seems weird that some make the noise and others don't. I've read online where some EL make noises too out of the box, but others don't.

No problem, that is weird but this is my first two pairs of SLC's. I am very very pleased with them. Send them in to Swaro and have them checked out.

O
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
O
I had a pair of 8x42’s SLC last edition or WB. I compared it to Zeiss 7x42 FL’s. They were very comparable to each other. Both had an approximate 85% sweet spot, controlled CA very well and gave a nice view The Swaro have more contrast and richer colors while the Zeiss was a little bit brighter. As far as seeing critters at last light iit was a tie. I kept the Zeiss as it was a 7x which shows less apparent hand shake due to less magnification.

I think the Swaro SLC’s are excellent hunting binoculars.

Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
Thanks for mentioning the Zeiss FL 7x42. I'm a fan of 7x binoculars and would really like to see those in person.

IC B2

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

603 members (12344mag, 10Glocks, 10ring1, 16Racing, 1234, 1badf350, 67 invisible), 2,495 guests, and 1,352 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,194,351
Posts18,527,018
Members74,031
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.