Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 7 of 17 1 2 5 6 7 8 9 16 17
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by MarineHawk
Originally Posted by TheLastLemming76
The only time that I ever got my Tacoma stuck and it was my own fault. It was still new to me with sh1ty tires.

I was a few miles from the nearest paved road on a DNR truck trail/winter snowmobile trail late season grouse hunting and drove through the ice over a deep low point mud hole that had been covered with a dusting of snow making it appear level. It took several hours and popular saplings but I eventually unstuck it. [Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

I have owned countless 4x4s, and honestly, I think my Gladi Rubi with much higher clearance and front and rear lockers could go right through that. It might not get stuck over and over again, which apparently is the test, but I wouldn't get stuck in that.

Sure

😂😂😂

Originally Posted by Bristoe
The people wringing their hands over Trump's rhetoric don't know what time it is in America.

H
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
H
Toyota for me.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by JohnnyLoco
Its not about going, its about going over and over and over again.

Imagine a road paved with half buried bowling balls every four inches, then imagine half the bowling balls were twice and three times the size of normal balls cept they have all kinda angles not smooth.
You don't need any kind of jeep, or Tacoma, or Sierra, etc etc etc

You need a friggen dozer Dude.

The desert is a true treasure for him who seeks refuge from men and the evil of men.
In it is contentment
In it is death and all you seek
(Quoted from "The Bleeding of the Stone" Ibrahim Al-Koni)

member of the cabal of dysfunctional squirrels?
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Most would never believe but I’ve taken Range Rovers on sponsored Land Rover outings up passage ways and crevices that Wranglers nor Gladiators would touch and could not follow. And the Land Rover family was waiting with open arms Monday morning because something ALWAYS broke !

I know there are things a jeep can do, but I’m concerned about maintenance and durability of these new models.

Also, on these sponsored Land Rover rides they would pick a hill from hell that ended up in a creek bed of solid rock. My wife would never do this she would get out. At the top of the hill you take your foot off the gas and brake and the machine’s hill decent control would do its thang and you could stop before the creek.

EVERY OTHER VEHICLE NOT A LAND-ROVER WENT INTO THE CREEK AND CAUSED BODY AND SUSPENSION DAMAGE, GAME OVER !

Its not all about a pot metal solid axle.

Last edited by JohnnyLoco; 08/18/22.
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by rcamuglia
Originally Posted by TheLastLemming76
The only time that I ever got my Tacoma stuck and it was my own fault. It was still new to me with sh1ty tires.

I was a few miles from the nearest paved road on a DNR truck trail/winter snowmobile trail late season grouse hunting and drove through the ice over a deep low point mud hole that had been covered with a dusting of snow making it appear level. It took several hours and popular saplings but I eventually unstuck it. [Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

I have owned countless 4x4s, and honestly, I think my Gladi Rubi with much higher clearance and front and rear lockers could go right through that. It might not get stuck over and over again, which apparently is the test, but I wouldn't get stuck in that.

Sure

😂😂😂

Yeah 35" mud tires vs. 32" street tires; 13" of clearance vs 9" of clearance; front and rear lockers versus open diffs on both axles; etc. ....

IC B2

A
add Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
Most would never believe but I’ve taken Range Rovers on sponsored Land Rover outings up passage ways and crevices that Wranglers nor Gladiators would touch and could not follow. And the Land Rover family was waiting with open arms Monday morning because something ALWAYS broke !

I know there are things a jeep can do, but I’m concerned about maintenance and durability of these new models.

Also, on these sponsored Land Rover rides they would pick a hill from hell that ended up in a creek bed of solid rock. My wife would never do this she would get out. At the top of the hill you take your foot off the gas and brake and the machine’s hill decent control would do its thang and you could stop before the creek.

EVERY OTHER VEHICLE NOT A LAND-ROVER WENT INTO THE CREEK AND CAUSED BODY AND SUSPENSION DAMAGE, GAME OVER !

So, get another Rover.

... dipchit

Epstein didn't kill himself.

"Play Cinnamon Girl you Sonuvabitch!"

Biden didn't win the election.
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
I might add that the LR’s did those rides above with street tires

Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by add

So, get another Rover.

... dipchit

You have a reading comprehension problem dumb fugg

Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Probably your bitch mommas fault

Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Or your bitch assed daddy

IC B3

Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Or do you know your momma or real daddy

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Was this filmed on one of your LR outings?

The desert is a true treasure for him who seeks refuge from men and the evil of men.
In it is contentment
In it is death and all you seek
(Quoted from "The Bleeding of the Stone" Ibrahim Al-Koni)

member of the cabal of dysfunctional squirrels?
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Thats funny has hell but even the defenders or old axled disco couldn’t do these rides. Only the center coupler versions.

Like I said, they work if you can keep them running.

W
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
W
Originally Posted by walt501
Johnny, have you sat in a Taco? Your legs are splayed out in front of you like a $2 whore. Perhaps some here like sitting that way, not me. Anything but a Yoda.

This is a great point if someone is logging extensive miles. I drive 55,000+ miles a year and have had two Toyotas over the years. Both were great vehicles, but both were tough on the driver. The lefs being straight out all the time is a killer. I will take a 1/2 ton of any manufacturer over a Tacoma due to the miles I drive.

Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Its made for short japs ?

I might drive this truck 10,000 miles per year and thats a set and a half of tires.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular

Sponsored LR rides! The pro-LR results are Amazing! I will take on anything LR has with it's urban ghetto low-profile tires that are prone to wheel damage without any auto-hill-descent. That's retarded. Hill decent control. Lol. So, all the super mud and rock crawling professionals can't do their work without the Land Rover hill descent technology?

Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter

Sponsored LR rides! The pro-LR results are Amazing! I will take on anything LR has with it's urban ghetto low-profile tires that are prone to wheel damage without any auto-hill-descent. That's retarded. Hill decent control. Lol. So, all the super mud and rock crawling professionals can't do their work without the Land Rover hill descent technology?

At least now I know to scratch your advice off my list. I’ve been there done that friend. I’ve watched rigs locked and cocked from 4wheel parts and other off road shops around the central Texas area try what you claim funny man. It was a learning experience for all.

Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
I’ve seen Subaru go up iced mountain roads that a locked and cocked jeep couldn’t touch. Jeeps have their place and I want to like them. I just ain’t sure about them anymore. When there just ain’t and improved surface or trail, a jeep excels. Problem is most folk drive improved surfaces or used 2 tracks

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular

At least now I know to scratch your advice off my list. I’ve been there done that friend. I’ve watched rigs locked and cocked from 4wheel parts and other off road shops around the central Texas area try what you claim funny man. It was a learning experience for all.

What would happen to the short street tires on a LR when it was doing this? Bang! Wheel damage.

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Magnify that by 300 and put a steep crevice where only two tires are hitting and you’ll almost imagine the ride up. The tires did not blow, why I don’t know. Land Rover rides did show me that tires ain’t as important as traction control technology

Page 7 of 17 1 2 5 6 7 8 9 16 17

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

568 members (10gaugemag, 06hunter59, 10gaugeman, 10Glocks, 1234, 63 invisible), 2,343 guests, and 1,281 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,394
Posts18,488,802
Members73,970
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.